Author Topic: Chances we lose the conference by a game now  (Read 18170 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Chances we lose the conference by a game now
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2013, 02:54:19 PM »
And I'm good with a shared, but to me the losses to ISU in Ames and KU at the OOD are way more frustrating than anything that happened last night.

At least with our losses to KU and @ISU, we legitimately lost. I'm more frustrated by last night because KU lost but was handed a win by the refs. Now that's frustrating.

I'm always much more frustrated when my teams fail at things they have complete control over than things that we do not. We had nothing to do with KU, ISU, or the officials last. But we had plenty to do with being unable to shoot vs KU or unable to play defense and rebound in Ames.

JMHO.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2013, 02:55:24 PM »
And I'm good with a shared, but to me the losses to ISU in Ames and KU at the OOD are way more frustrating than anything that happened last night.

At least with our losses to KU and @ISU, we legitimately lost. I'm more frustrated by last night because KU lost but was handed a win by the refs. Now that's frustrating.

I'm always much more frustrated when my teams fail at things they have complete control over than things that we do not. We had nothing to do with KU, ISU, or the officials last. But we had plenty to do with being unable to shoot vs KU or unable to play defense and rebound in Ames.

JMHO.

Uh, as fans we have as much to do with how K-State performs as we do with how ISU or KU or any other team performs...

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »

JMHO.

Uh, as fans we have as much to do with how K-State performs as we do with how ISU or KU or any other team performs...

:dubious:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2013, 02:58:15 PM »
lot of squawks in this thread.  We control our own destiny.  You rough ridin' losers like Koug can get off of #teamangel now.

eff you buddy, I'm not getting off a bus I'm driving.

you didn't start #teamangel you dumbfuck

I never said I did, respect. jfc.

you said you're driving the bus, it's the same thing pud

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2013, 02:59:48 PM »
lot of squawks in this thread.  We control our own destiny.  You rough ridin' losers like Koug can get off of #teamangel now.

for a mediocre new poster, you sure are aggressive
:adios:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2013, 03:01:14 PM »

for a mediocre new poster, you sure are aggressive

it's better than being a mediocre long time poster like kougs, at least i can improve  :D

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2013, 03:01:38 PM »

Maybe to a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) it is. (But it's not.)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2013, 03:20:40 PM »
Mediocre posting is starting a #teamangel thread halfway through his sophomore season when nearly the entire board has had a hard on for Angel since before he even arrived on campus.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »
pet peeve: people confusing "mediocre" with "bad". We weren't mediocre under Jim Wooldridge, we were rough ridin' awful (for example).

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »

JMHO.

Yeah. We don't have any control over any of it so why should it bother us more when K-State blows a game than it does when K-State gets screwed over in a game they aren't playing?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »
Mediocre posting is starting a #teamangel thread halfway through his sophomore season when nearly the entire board has had a hard on for Angel since before he even arrived on campus.

pet peeve: people confusing "mediocre" with "bad". We weren't mediocre under Jim Wooldridge, we were rough ridin' awful (for example).

yikes, my guy kougz taking a beating in his own thread. maybe he won't bump this one everytime it hits page 2?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2013, 03:31:59 PM »

Sorry, I didn't realize December 2011 was "halfway through his sophomore season"...

:dubious:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »

yikes, my guy kougz taking a beating in his own thread. maybe he won't bump this one everytime it hits page 2?

maybe he will. :frown:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2013, 03:58:09 PM »

Sorry mich, my fault. I guess I just assumed he might meet a threshold for mediocre by virtue of spending his time posting on here instead of one of the other (bad) options, and also by not being bw20.  I may have been wrong.
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2013, 04:03:21 PM »

Sorry mich, my fault. I guess I just assumed he might meet a threshold for mediocre by virtue of spending his time posting on here instead of one of the other (bad) options, and also by not being bw20.  I may have been wrong.

no worries, it's a common mistake.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2013, 04:09:22 PM »
We're going to win out, and it's not really going to be close. I'll be back in a week and a half to collect my prize.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »

JMHO.

Yeah. We don't have any control over any of it so why should it bother us more when K-State blows a game than it does when K-State gets screwed over in a game they aren't playing?

Right. Losing sucks anyway, but losing a title race because the other team has the refs in its back pocket - that really really sucks. To suggest that kstate should have won more games to overcome the stacked deck, well, I disagree with that.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:04:19 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2013, 06:00:09 PM »

Pfft, I'm owning this thread.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2013, 08:03:24 PM »
it's tuesday and osu is still pretty shitty

How can you think this?

They just won at WVU by 16 (we won by 1).
They just lost to KU by 1 in 2OT (we lost by 4 in reg).

They have a surefire NBA player in Smart, and I bet that Brown and Nash get looks.  Plus Forte can be deadly from long-range.  They are a very good team.  They are extremely dangerous.  Their only home loss was to KU.

Basically, if they're a pretty shitty team, then so are we...

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2013, 08:57:54 PM »

How can you think this?

They have a surefire NBA player in Smart, and I bet that Brown and Nash get looks.  Plus Forte can be deadly from long-range.  They are a very good team.  They are extremely dangerous.  Their only home loss was to KU.

A+ source
emaw

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2013, 08:59:05 PM »

JMHO.

Right. Losing sucks anyway, but losing a title race because the other team has the refs in its back pocket - that really really sucks. To suggest that kstate should have won more games to overcome the stacked deck, well, I disagree with that.

Agree to disagree I suppose.

FWIW, I never implied I have any control over what K-State does in any game. I just choose to be much less emotionally invested/frustrated with the outcomes of other games that don't involve K-State. Especially when K-State lost two very winnable games that would've put K-State in a better position and not forced us to rely on the outcomes of other games to determine whether or not we win a conference title.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Chances we lose the conference by a game now
« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:43 PM »

How can you think this?

how can you think this?  we're 1-0 against them.  are you that concerned about historic gallagher iba arena?  I'm not.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »

How can you think this?

how can you think this?  we're 1-0 against them.  are you that concerned about historic gallagher iba arena?  I'm not.

what's so historic about it if you have to constantly tell everyone it's historic, right clams?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »
I just choose to be much less emotionally invested/frustrated with the outcomes of other games that don't involve K-State.

you are limiting your fun

Offline JesusShuttlesworth

• Fan
    • View Profile
Chances we lose the conference by a game now
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2013, 09:59:03 PM »
No chance oscar doesn't win the conference.  This is oscar's conference now.

You're good at this bbs-ing stuff.