Author Topic: Can I get a roll call for #teamburnitdown  (Read 77369 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Can I get a roll call for #teamburnitdown
« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2014, 09:07:20 AM »
it might help me step back from #BID if oscar didn't talk like the way he talks, and if he wasn't a huge loser and not capable of long-term success.   :dunno:

can you tell me about the relationship between long term success and team #bid?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 12, 2014, 09:08:27 AM »
no, because my thoughts are strictly my thoughts.  #bid is probably different things for different people. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 12, 2014, 09:09:43 AM »
It's my hope that Trim and Gooch will embrace oscar, and one day we'll all see the Canadian flag flowing in section 17 after a rim-rattling dunk by KSU stud Hopper.

Funny, I got my ahean donation stuff in the mail yesterday.  Still nah.

Similar to the realization that led to the 2/22 schemePAK, I don't think I'll ever be in fOOD ever again.  Maybe if we make a giant event for Winters' graduation.  :dunno:

you really picked the wrong horse to hitch your ride to. 

I was asleep when you called the other day, but you wouldn't have remembered what I'd have told you anyway.

using what I know about the two of you I've determined this happened at 11AM on a saturday

You got the Saturday right, barely.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2014, 09:11:46 AM »
no, because my thoughts are strictly my thoughts.  #bid is probably different things for different people. 

really?  what makes you think that??

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 12, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
Having had a couple days to objectively look back, this has moved me to the fence. If he starts winning tournament games and sustains his success, I will support him. Otherwise, I will hop right back on that #BID train.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 12, 2014, 09:14:11 AM »
oscar deserves respect considering how little everyone thought of him when he was hired.  He has taken that and literally pulled off "the impossible" (beating KU). Sustained success is key, but I feel like oscar truly has EMAW in his heart. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 12, 2014, 09:15:42 AM »
Having had a couple days to objectively look back, this has moved me to the fence. If he starts winning tournament games and sustains his success, I will support him. Otherwise, I will hop right back on that #BID train.

I mean, you won't know if he can "sustain" success until about 2017, 5 years into it.  I do get the NCAA bit, tho.  regular season wins are hollow if we can't get past the round of 32.   

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 12, 2014, 09:25:57 AM »

I mean, you won't know if he can "sustain" success until about 2017, 5 years into it.  I do get the NCAA bit, tho.  regular season wins are hollow if we can't get past the round of 32.

I realize that it will take at least that long to evaluate sustainability. The end of his Illinois tenure completely terrifies me and is probably the main reason why I have not jumped on in full support (La Salle, No Co, Charlotte, Angel and Josh Gray making up the remainder).

We are stuck with oscar for the long haul. No coach is getting fired from here after winning a conference title and beating KU in their first two seasons, at least not without several years of suck. I just wanted to give myself an out on oscar is case this thing goes south (which it does not appear possible as long as Foster is here and healthy).
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2014, 09:27:47 AM »

really?  what makes you think that??

because?   :dunno:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 12, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
He has far exceeded my expectations, especially this season. Still waiting for him to win an NCAA Tournament game though.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 12, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »
I realize that it will take at least that long to evaluate sustainability. The end of his Illinois tenure completely terrifies me and is probably the main reason why I have not jumped on in full support (La Salle, No Co, Charlotte, Angel and Josh Gray making up the remainder).

We are stuck with oscar for the long haul. No coach is getting fired from here after winning a conference title and beating KU in their first two seasons, at least not without several years of suck. I just wanted to give myself an out on oscar is case this thing goes south (which it does not appear possible as long as Foster is here and healthy).

It's sports for god's sake.  The point is to win.  The dude is winning and has the pieces in place to win for several years (as you already pointed out).  If 2017 rolls around, Foster & Co. are gone, and we start sucking balls, we fire him.  Just like Illinois did.  Just like we did with Prince.  Just like every school does when its coach starts sucking.  The days of Weiser/Wefald/Krause indifference are in the past.  Enjoy the winning now, support the coach and players now.  If or when we start losing or systematically blowing in the NCAA, we're all free to jump on #TBID.  There's no rule against it.  It's sports.  You can support a winner and kick him to the curb when he starts losing. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 12, 2014, 11:02:07 AM »

It's sports for god's sake.  The point is to win.  The dude is winning and has the pieces in place to win for several years (as you already pointed out).  If 2017 rolls around, Foster & Co. are gone, and we start sucking balls, we fire him.  Just like Illinois did.  Just like we did with Prince.  Just like every school does when its coach starts sucking.  The days of Weiser/Wefald/Krause indifference are in the past.  Enjoy the winning now, support the coach and players now.  If or when we start losing or systematically blowing in the NCAA, we're all free to jump on #TBID.  There's no rule against it.  It's sports.  You can support a winner and kick him to the curb when he starts losing.

I agree. The only reason I was on BID was because I expected to start losing this year. Winning solves everything. Go oscar. Go State. Go Cats.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 12, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »
I just didn't like the hire mainly because I was pissed about Frank.  I was always a huge Huggins fan and wanted to keep that connection.  But between Weber bringing in talent and Illinois looking like complete crap.  I'm in the go cats camp.  I do like that KU fans seem to dislike him much more than Frank, I find that to be pretty endearing. 
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 12, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »
oscar's worst case scenario is he takes the same career path as Matt Painter. I wouldn't be shocked if Matt Painter spends a year in Manhattan sometime soon. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 12, 2014, 11:28:46 AM »
*tucks in shirt*

First of all, I think "Burn it down" is a terrible way to describe people who opposed the hire. It's been referenced by oscar supporters far more than his detractors. I referenced "burning it down" exactly once, the afternoon oscar was hired and never referenced it again, (you can check my posts):

I support this idea, kougar. burn the rough rider down and fire Currie before he leaves next year after Weber courageously leads us to an 11 seed and Jeff Goodman says he was right all along.

But keep in mind that a day later, _FAN posted this:

I've decided that if you took Asbury and combined him with Wooly pretty much what you get is oscar Weber.

so I think I look pretty reasonable.

Still ,I think hiring oscar was the wrong move (even now). I give him full credit for sticking with Foster and leading to a great season, but I honestly had more fun (overall) when Frank was our coach.

Why? I don't know. I'm sure part of the reason I don't enjoy watching games under oscar as much is because I don't like the fact that he was hired, but I didn't like rehiring Bill and I definitely have loved the crap out of the last 3 seasons. Part of it's that I never go to games any more.

But I also liked the style of play more under Frank - taking advantage of transition and penetration, taking risks on defense, I honestly thought we played harder than everyone, and there wasn't a team tougher. I enjoyed watching players develop under Greenawaldt and seeing the team struggle through random benchings and tough wins against teams like FHSU. Also even at his peak a lot of KSU folks didn't like him (obviously), which made it seem like every game mattered more. Everything just seemed more intense, which made the seasons more fun to me. I mean, even though we won the conference last season, the games were pretty boring outside of 2 or 3 and I had more fun during Frank's run in 2012 to seal the tourney appearance.

So it isn't JUST about wins for me. Who really gives a eff?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 12, 2014, 11:40:24 AM »
*tucks in shirt*

First of all, I think "Burn it down" is a terrible way to describe people who opposed the hire. It's been referenced by oscar supporters far more than his detractors. I referenced "burning it down" exactly once, the afternoon oscar was hired and never referenced it again, (you can check my posts):

I support this idea, kougar. burn the rough rider down and fire Currie before he leaves next year after Weber courageously leads us to an 11 seed and Jeff Goodman says he was right all along.

But keep in mind that a day later, _FAN posted this:

I've decided that if you took Asbury and combined him with Wooly pretty much what you get is oscar Weber.

so I think I look pretty reasonable.

Still ,I think hiring oscar was the wrong move (even now). I give him full credit for sticking with Foster and leading to a great season, but I honestly had more fun (overall) when Frank was our coach.

Why? I don't know. I'm sure part of the reason I don't enjoy watching games under oscar as much is because I don't like the fact that he was hired, but I didn't like rehiring Bill and I definitely have loved the crap out of the last 3 seasons. Part of it's that I never go to games any more.

But I also liked the style of play more under Frank - taking advantage of transition and penetration, taking risks on defense, I honestly thought we played harder than everyone, and there wasn't a team tougher. I enjoyed watching players develop under Greenawaldt and seeing the team struggle through random benchings and tough wins against teams like FHSU. Also even at his peak a lot of KSU folks didn't like him (obviously), which made it seem like every game mattered more. Everything just seemed more intense, which made the seasons more fun to me. I mean, even though we won the conference last season, the games were pretty boring outside of 2 or 3 and I had more fun during Frank's run in 2012 to seal the tourney appearance.

So it isn't JUST about wins for me. Who really gives a eff?

I thought last year was sort of underwhelming because the Big 12 wasn't very good and we didn't beat very many good teams. This year, though? This year has been a blast. Even if we don't end up Big 12 Champs, this year has been way more fun that last, and I feel much better about our chances in the tournament.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 12, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »
this year has definitely been more fun than last

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 12, 2014, 12:09:42 PM »
this year has definitely been more fun than last

I have become emotionally uninvested at least a small amt over the last year and a half.  Probably due to that, and the way we started this year, I have been feeling like conference play has been playing with house money and just let myself be entertained.  It's been great the last month and a half.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 12:14:31 PM by CNS »

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 12, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »
The fact that oscar brought us a conf championship in his first year makes it worth it to me. It would have taken a miracle for Frank to do the same.

Combine this with Illinois and South Carolina sucking make me think we won  :emawkid:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 12, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »
Every time I read about the BID team, all I see is this:  :Booty Shake:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline tuck34

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 15, 2014, 09:47:42 AM »
Every time I read about the BID team, all I see is this:  :Booty Shake:

along with some of this  :blah: mixed with this  :angry:

give it up already, can't you all see what fools you look like?

guess it's not just about winning for me . . .  :ROFL:

last year and a half just hasn't been as much fun . . .  :ROFL:

so much more fun to watch frank's teams play . . .  :ROFL:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 15, 2014, 11:07:53 AM »
I still hate the hire. That KU win will hurt us in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 15, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »

Okay team, go out and play hard, but lets not win this, it will hurt us in the long run.   :lol:

JFC  :facepalm:
"He's in Shape !"

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 15, 2014, 11:14:34 AM »

Okay team, go out and play hard, but lets not win this, it will hurt us in the long run.   :lol:

:flush:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 15, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »

Try to keep up, boondock.

"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."