Author Topic: Can I get a roll call for #teamburnitdown  (Read 77246 times)

Offline 3gQ@T

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Can I get a roll call for #teamburnitdown
« Reply #650 on: April 08, 2015, 11:42:35 AM »
You must be pretty old too.

I don't think I'm old. Just because my grandfather is in his 90s doesn't make me old. Former President John Tyler still has grandchildren alive and he died in 1872.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 08, 2015, 11:45:40 AM »
If the majority of the roster had returned - THAT would have been cause for concern.

Next year is a show me year.  Either he'll somehow pull it together or it will be a disaster and we'll move on.
4/8 11:35 AM | IP: Logged
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 08, 2015, 11:47:38 AM »
Most everyone is #BID in my experience.

Offline the angry young man

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 08, 2015, 12:01:36 PM »
I haven't attended or watched a single game since Weber was hired....and while it was refreshing to not have to drive an hour to and from games and I had a lot of free time during the winters, it's still depressing that what's happened to the men's basketball program is exactly what the anti-oscar people have said would happen.  Both Weber and Currie need to be fired immediately.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 08, 2015, 12:08:26 PM »
I haven't attended or watched a single game since Weber was hired....and while it was refreshing to not have to drive an hour to and from games and I had a lot of free time during the winters, it's still depressing that what's happened to the men's basketball program is exactly what the anti-oscar people have said would happen.  Both Weber and Currie need to be fired immediately.

I don't have much of a problem other than his dipshit oscar hire in the 1st place. oscar is obviously going to get next season after which he needs to can that loser and let somebody else find a coach for him.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 08, 2015, 12:23:05 PM »
You must be pretty old too.

I don't think I'm old. Just because my grandfather is in his 90s doesn't make me old. Former President John Tyler still has grandchildren alive and he died in 1872.

It's fine if you're old. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline the angry young man

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 08, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »

I don't have much of a problem other than his dipshit oscar hire in the 1st place. oscar is obviously going to get next season after which he needs to can that loser and let somebody else find a coach for him.

But hiring Weber is the only thing that he's done at K-State.  All of the money that he's raised was due to the success of Coach Snyder and Coach Martin.  The new facilities were built with that money and the money that the new Big 12 tv contracts brought to the school.  And if you look around, every other school in the Big 12 is building new facilities or upgrading existing ones, so Currie hasn't done anything that anyone else in his position could have done--except for running off Coach Martin and the Weber hire.  Those are really the only two actions that Currie can be judged on.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #657 on: April 08, 2015, 01:49:44 PM »
OH you guys, oscar's seat just got even colder.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 08, 2015, 02:17:00 PM »
Has anybody even considered for one second that maybe, just maybe, HCBS is the mastermind behind all of this to distract us this spring from the rebuilding job he is undertaking? 

:users:
bears are fast...

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 08, 2015, 02:20:06 PM »

But hiring Weber is the only thing that he's done at K-State.  All of the money that he's raised was due to the success of Coach Snyder and Coach Martin.  The new facilities were built with that money and the money that the new Big 12 tv contracts brought to the school.  And if you look around, every other school in the Big 12 is building new facilities or upgrading existing ones, so Currie hasn't done anything that anyone else in his position could have done--except for running off Coach Martin and the Weber hire.  Those are really the only two actions that Currie can be judged on.

Ehh - Max Urick ain't walking in the front door....

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: April 08, 2015, 02:57:41 PM »
Has anybody even considered for one second that maybe, just maybe, HCBS is the mastermind behind all of this to distract us this spring from the rebuilding job he is undertaking? 

:users:

He probably wrote our players handwritten notes from the dope fairy.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 08, 2015, 05:00:20 PM »
If the majority of the roster had returned - THAT would have been cause for concern.

Next year is a show me year.  Either he'll somehow pull it together or it will be a disaster and we'll move on.
This doesn't even make sense. Were they upset that Pullen was here for four years too? Like, 'Oh too bad we had a veteran player for four years, I'd rather have someone inexperienced play instead.'

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 08, 2015, 05:37:25 PM »

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 08, 2015, 08:30:49 PM »
my grandpa is in his 90s too  :frown:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 08, 2015, 08:43:11 PM »

This doesn't even make sense. Were they upset that Pullen was here for four years too? Like, 'Oh too bad we had a veteran player for four years, I'd rather have someone inexperienced play instead.'

It's exactly what _FAN said on Twitter. The maddening part is people are willing to completely change their position on something to adjust it to their own storyline or way of thinking. What was the MAIN reason that many wanted Frank gone is now being lauded as bold and positive for the oscar regime. I hate that I even have to bring up Frank for comparison. I just want the program to be its best going forward, but the hypocrisy is too much to ignore.

Throw in the "want the program to fail" stuff and it's almost unbearable.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 22, 2018, 11:31:00 PM »
 :Wha:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 22, 2018, 11:35:24 PM »
oh mr bread and his toasty takes

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 22, 2018, 11:37:18 PM »

It's exactly what _FAN said on Twitter. The maddening part is people are willing to completely change their position on something to adjust it to their own storyline or way of thinking. What was the MAIN reason that many wanted Frank gone is now being lauded as bold and positive for the oscar regime. I hate that I even have to bring up Frank for comparison. I just want the program to be its best going forward, but the hypocrisy is too much to ignore.

Throw in the "want the program to fail" stuff and it's almost unbearable.

I don't know what this means. I RIDE WITH oscar!!!!!