Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 572759 times)

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #2675 on: June 11, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »
NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!!! :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: June 11, 2013, 11:49:01 AM »
BURN THIS PLACE DOWN

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: June 11, 2013, 11:52:38 AM »
actually lol we probably wont pay attention to the baseball team until they win the confy again next year  :lol: jokes on you loser
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: June 11, 2013, 12:02:54 PM »
I kept hearing the announcers say the OSU starter from Saturday was drafted but decided to come back "to win a natty".  What if King and Kivett do the same?   :crossfingers:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: June 11, 2013, 12:03:54 PM »
then they are dumb

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: June 11, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »
actually lol we probably wont pay attention to the baseball team until they win the confy again next year  :lol: jokes on you loser

No, shut up. I love them now.  :bawl:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: June 11, 2013, 12:40:12 PM »
then they are dumb

Making $45k and riding a bus in High Desert isn't as good as playing for the #boozecats and living in TitleTown.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: June 11, 2013, 12:42:50 PM »
I think King is gone, Kivett 50/50, and Conlon stays.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: June 11, 2013, 12:45:59 PM »
It's time to plow some money into baseball facilities and work to get this thing consistantly at this level.   K-State hosts this thing throughout and I think the chances of going to the WCS improve significantly.    It's the 3rd most visible sport (arguably) in NCAA athletics, it keeps your school in front of people and on TV into the summer.   

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: June 11, 2013, 01:16:47 PM »
I think King is gone, Kivett 50/50, and Conlon stays.

I think Kivett is gone too. Conlon would be an idiot to leave.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #2685 on: June 11, 2013, 01:38:16 PM »
I loved them, guys. Loved them.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: June 11, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »
It's time to plow some money into baseball facilities and work to get this thing consistantly at this level.   K-State hosts this thing throughout and I think the chances of going to the WCS improve significantly.    It's the 3rd most visible sport (arguably) in NCAA athletics, it keeps your school in front of people and on TV into the summer.

new score and video boards will happen by 2014

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: June 11, 2013, 02:09:14 PM »
So does Kivett take the Royals contract or come back?

Baseball is weird.. if he gets an offer he likes, he should definitely take it

I guess Kivett is slotted to make about $130k in signing bonus for 10th round.  King will get around $300k.

I assume the decision is whether or not coming back gets him into the first five rounds and essentially makes him about $100k more.

http://www.letsgotribe.com/2013/6/10/4411508/2013-mlb-draft-cleveland-indians-review

Kievett is from Ohio & his favorite team is the Indians.

yeah, apparently Kivett is already talking about what it's going to be like playing for Terry Francona (highly confident - befitting a stud Bat Cat)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: June 11, 2013, 02:37:49 PM »
A full season of flooding the Toint with suds and fury will be great.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2689 on: June 11, 2013, 02:38:47 PM »
So does Kivett take the Royals contract or come back?

Baseball is weird.. if he gets an offer he likes, he should definitely take it

I guess Kivett is slotted to make about $130k in signing bonus for 10th round.  King will get around $300k.

I assume the decision is whether or not coming back gets him into the first five rounds and essentially makes him about $100k more.

http://www.letsgotribe.com/2013/6/10/4411508/2013-mlb-draft-cleveland-indians-review

Kievett is from Ohio & his favorite team is the Indians.

yeah, apparently Kivett is already talking about what it's going to be like playing for Terry Francona (highly confident - befitting a stud Bat Cat)

He grew up an Indians fan.

Unfortunately, how many dudes in the 10th round actually play for the team that drafted them?

Odds are he gets sent to the Nowheresville Mudhens in some trade for a middle reliever in a couple of years.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2690 on: June 11, 2013, 02:42:12 PM »

It would be pretty sweet to see the stadium expand to about 3k seats with a new video board.

I like Tointon.  It's really a nice looking ballpark.  Just throw in some more permanent seats, add a few amenities, and maybe spruce it up a bit.

Time to strike while the iron is hot, especially with KU and WSU being really mediocre.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: June 11, 2013, 02:57:28 PM »

It would be pretty sweet to see the stadium expand to about 3k seats with a new video board.

I like Tointon.  It's really a nice looking ballpark.  Just throw in some more permanent seats, add a few amenities, and maybe spruce it up a bit.

Time to strike while the iron is hot, especially with KU and WSU being really mediocre.

i agree with expansion as long as they keep the hill, its nice to kick back between innings and have some suds in the sun

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: June 11, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »

OR oscar IS UP A BIT AMIRITE?!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: June 11, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »
The team got into the airport about 30 minutes earlier than expected and we ended up missing them.  :cry:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: June 11, 2013, 05:28:54 PM »
The team got into the airport about 30 minutes earlier than expected and we ended up missing them.  :cry:

It's very hot outside for jeans.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: June 11, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
How does the mlb draft work?  If a player gets drafted, but comes back to school, he will just get re-drafted next year?

Sorry, haven't really followed college baseball much :blush:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: June 11, 2013, 06:18:35 PM »
All kidding aside, K-State had a very good baseball team this year.  You guys have a classy coach and a good group of players.  I was impressed with what I saw from K-State last night and throughout the season.  2013 was a great year for K-State athletics (and TSC as a whole), and it sucks that you guys missed out on the CWS. 

As far as KU baseball making a super regional in the past few years goes, I was mistaken.  KU lost to UNC in 2009 in the 4th game of their regional.  For some reason, I thought KU lost to UNC in the super regional.  Score one for goEMAW there.  You guys were right... I was wrong.  Now I'm going to graciously bow out of this thread so you ladies and gents can discuss your favorite baseball team in peace.

:cheers:

you are forgiven

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: June 11, 2013, 06:41:17 PM »
Robert Lipscomb and I believe that K-State baseballs prospects improved with the departure of Nebraska to the Big 10. The Big 10 has been pretty bad in baseball and we could have even more recruiting success up north.

Some of these Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota kids are trying to stay as close to home as they can but want to play in a warmer weather conference.

:emawkid:
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: June 11, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »
Robert Lipscomb and I believe that K-State baseballs prospects improved with the departure of Nebraska to the Big 10. The Big 10 has been pretty bad in baseball and we could have even more recruiting success up north.

Some of these Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota kids are trying to stay as close to home as they can but want to play in a warmer weather conference.

jfc

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: June 11, 2013, 08:03:55 PM »

jfc

I hope AVL is a sock.