Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 572737 times)

Skipper44, Spaces and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1850 on: June 07, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »
According to the Eagle's Tony Adame, WSU has not contacted Hill and he wouldn't even listen if they did.  WSU fans are gonna melt down so hard when they get turned down by like everyone on their top 20 wishlist.

I would assume a WSU wishlist has to consist of a bunch of assistants or failed guys.  I don't care if they used to be good, the money disparity is going to get bigger soon and I can't imagine someone really wanting to live in Wichita.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: June 07, 2013, 04:02:35 PM »
we could USE terence newman in this one

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: June 07, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »
According to the Eagle's Tony Adame, WSU has not contacted Hill and he wouldn't even listen if they did.  WSU fans are gonna melt down so hard when they get turned down by like everyone on their top 20 wishlist.

I would assume a WSU wishlist has to consist of a bunch of assistants or failed guys.  I don't care if they used to be good, the money disparity is going to get bigger soon and I can't imagine someone really wanting to live in Wichita.

No idea what the actual list looks like but the names being thrown on Shockernet are hilarious.  They fail to realize that much of Gene's salary was private money and those guys aren't going to pony up that kind of money for the new guy.  Also, their facilities aren't top echelon anymore.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: June 07, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »
Boozecatting at Bakersfield port

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: June 07, 2013, 04:24:29 PM »
Proof that Boozecatting is possible anywhere! :drink:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 07, 2013, 04:42:50 PM »

Blimpies with 4 taps.  TSA agent just standing and staring out window.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 07, 2013, 04:59:33 PM »

Blimpies with 4 taps.  TSA agent just standing and staring out window.

nice work LSOC

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 07, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1858 on: June 07, 2013, 05:39:44 PM »
Kivett to Cleveland in the 10th. 291st pick.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 07, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: June 07, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »
OSU is really good, guys. :frown:
I hope Brad was just using this extra week of practice to work on next year.

You only do that for sports that have asinine postseason formats

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 07, 2013, 08:48:05 PM »

Shacks, when you have to play OSU in baseball postseason, that IS asinine. WTF man?

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 07, 2013, 10:23:13 PM »

Shacks, when you have to play OSU in baseball postseason, that IS asinine. WTF man?

Yeah I suppose it is pretty dumb to play a fellow Big 12 team at a neutral site in Oregon for a Super Regional

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 07, 2013, 10:27:23 PM »
What is going on here. No updates?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 07, 2013, 10:29:39 PM »
Psyche today is Friday

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1865 on: June 07, 2013, 10:37:52 PM »

I have walked past that blimpie more than once.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1866 on: June 07, 2013, 10:53:46 PM »
LOL at that giant fan.

Chance I may have to miss the majority of tomorrow's game. :frown: How soon do replays typically go up on ESPN3? Wondering if it's worth my effort to avoid all texts and this thread until I can watch the whole game in its entirety.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Shocktastic

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 08, 2013, 12:25:45 AM »

I used to live in the burbs of Denver, Moved to Wichita.  Extreme East Wichita, basically in a suburb of Andover.  And I got to tell ya, its not that bad. There are some real nice parts in Wichita.  Sure it could be better, and there is a bunch of white trash, but no more than any other city.  Its obviously not a large metro like KC but still has 750,000 metro, not small.  Personally I would HATE to live in Topeka!  Manhattan is pretty nice because its a nice area and lots of college kids also.... 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 08, 2013, 12:38:18 AM »

I used to live in the burbs of Denver, Moved to Wichita.  Extreme East Wichita, basically in a suburb of Andover.  And I got to tell ya, its not that bad. There are some real nice parts in Wichita.  Sure it could be better, and there is a bunch of white trash, but no more than any other city.  Its obviously not a large metro like KC but still has 750,000 metro, not small.  Personally I would HATE to live in Topeka!  Manhattan is pretty nice because its a nice area and lots of college kids also....

Mrs. Bones and I lived in Wichita for a few years and enjoyed it. We took in a few WSU basbeall and basketball games. Good sports atmosphere. We came back to MHK for family reasons, but do not regret the time we spent in Wichita.

That said, we much prefer MHK and always will. Wichita wants to be a great sports town, but really won't be unless they take the plunge and invest in the risk of resuming college FB. IMO, Perkins never should have pulled the plug on FB. To resurrect that program will take years, but they should give it a go.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 08, 2013, 04:38:30 AM »

Mrs. Bones and I lived in Wichita for a few years and enjoyed it. We took in a few WSU basbeall and basketball games. Good sports atmosphere. We came back to MHK for family reasons, but do not regret the time we spent in Wichita.

That said, we much prefer MHK and always will. Wichita wants to be a great sports town, but really won't be unless they take the plunge and invest in the risk of resuming college FB. IMO, Perkins never should have pulled the plug on FB. To resurrect that program will take years, but they should give it a go.

Do they have enough fans to support football? Like, serious question. I literally know nothing about wsu.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 08, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »

Like 99% of the rest of American cites and towns, the desire to be somewhere is directly related to the employment opportunities there. I sure as hell didn't leave Wichita for Boone rough ridin' Iowa because I disliked Wichita.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 08, 2013, 10:20:32 AM »
Sounds like alot of my BRO'S are going to watch the game at the shot stop that just opened in waldo, some sort of KSU watch party.

Unfortunately I will be at a wedding in Wichita  :frown:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 08, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »
Goooooooooooo cats!!!!

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 08, 2013, 11:01:12 AM »

Dude, Wichita's metro is nowhere near 750.  More like 650, if that.