Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 557104 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1425 on: June 01, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »
Corvallis is pud as eff. Save your money.

Agreed. Schedule prevents me from going anyway, but at least the games will be televised...or on ESPN3.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 01, 2013, 11:34:29 PM »
Robert was in excellent form this evening, BTW. Had many on the first base side rolling as usual.

The guy's loyalty and dedication to all things K-State is unsurpassed.  :thumbs:

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 01, 2013, 11:37:12 PM »
Corvallis:

Mighty Beaver stadium:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 01, 2013, 11:44:24 PM »
Robert was in excellent form this evening, BTW. Had many on the first base side rolling as usual.

The guy's loyalty and dedication to all things K-State is unsurpassed.  :thumbs:

At least it was cold out so that creepy eff probably kept his shirt on. He didn't venture far enough down that side for me to PI him tonight.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1429 on: June 01, 2013, 11:50:42 PM »
You PI Robert? Are you the worst person on Earth or am I misunderstanding?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1430 on: June 01, 2013, 11:52:04 PM »
Also, Corvallis is fantastic. It's just like MHK but with, you know, trees. (Sorry CC.)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 01, 2013, 11:58:32 PM »
Assuming we win our regional and Oregon State wins their regional, a Super between the two would be best of three and, in all probability, played at their place. So, I look for some KSU games in the Pacific Northwest next week.

The 8 Ranked Teams (of which Oregon State is one) are guaranteed to host a Super Regional should they advance to the next stage.

I'm not sure, but I think if Oregon State happens to lose their bracket (not likely at this point since they won tonight) KSU is NOT guaranteed to be a host sight for a Super Regional, but our chances would go up (from 0)

Whoever does host the Super REgionsl will only be the "Home" team for the first game. The second game in the Super Regionals, the visiting team is always the home team, and if a 3rd game is needed, the Home team is determined by a coin flip.

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 02, 2013, 12:04:06 AM »
Sport Center's top 10 plays of day didn't have King's catch as one of them, that is bullshit.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 02, 2013, 12:11:59 AM »
Sport Center's top 10 plays of day didn't have King's catch as one of them, that is bullshit.

Someone on Twitter (Trim, Limestone, Pete, someone from gE) called the K-State butthurt whenever this play wouldn't make the top ten right after it happened. It makes me happy to see that they were right.

EDIT: it was Trim.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:24:09 PM by yoman »
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 02, 2013, 12:16:30 AM »

Someone on Twitter (Trim, Limestone, Pete, someone from gE) called the K-State butthurt whenever this play wouldn't make the top ten right after it happened. It makes me happy to see that they were right.

It didn't surprise me that it didn't make it since it is ESPN, but some of the other plays in the top 10 were so-so.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 02, 2013, 12:22:33 AM »
What days would the SR be? Says 7-10. Do they stagger them, some starting Friday and others Saturday?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:59:23 AM by salcat »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1436 on: June 02, 2013, 12:45:08 AM »
Guy is maybe dying of alcohol poisoning on Bourbon Street right now and I'm tapatalking from a balcony. :sdeek:

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 02, 2013, 01:03:40 AM »
Am I the only one that thought DeBord dropped the ball ....or did he tag him out after he dropped it? Just saw highlights.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 02, 2013, 01:04:37 AM »
Am I the only one that thought DeBord dropped the ball ....or did he tag him out after he dropped it? Just saw highlights.

He did. Tagged him on knee after picking it back up.

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 02, 2013, 01:07:26 AM »

He tagged the Bryant player up around his jaw & knocked him out & dropped the ball in the process. The Bryant player never touched home so DeBord picked up the ball & tagged the dazed Bryant player.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1440 on: June 02, 2013, 01:09:57 AM »
Great news! Ambulance came and guy is getting his stomach pumped. :cool:

So did DeBord intentionally cream that guy too hard or what? I missed it. Does he have a concussion?  Was the heater thrown at DeBord's head in the ninth warranted? :horrorsurprise:

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 02, 2013, 01:10:57 AM »
Ok I see it now...they said the Bryant player went to the hospital. Didn't look like there was that much contact. (enough to go to the hospital)

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 02, 2013, 01:43:52 AM »

So did DeBord intentionally cream that guy too hard or what? I missed it. Does he have a concussion?  Was the heater thrown at DeBord's head in the ninth warranted? :horrorsurprise:

I sit front row, directly behind home plate.  Here's the deal...

- After Flattery was hit in the foot, the Bryant players were laughing and having a good time in the dugout.  Some people from the crowd started yelling things like "THAT'S NOT FUNNY YOU JERKS" (direct quote).  The players noticed and started yelling "good hit" and other things of that nature.

- Watching the play live it was hard to see if DeBord did it intentionally.  It was easy to see that the guy was knocked out cold.  I personally don't enjoy seeing that happen and I was pretty pissed at all of the K-State fans booing because the game stopped and the coaches were coming out to check on him.  There was a guy behind me screaming about how he was being a whiner and a pussy.  We have tons of stupid fans and it showed throughout the game.  Kind of took me back to around 1993 when people used to yell LFIQ comments nonstop at games.

- After watching the replay about 10 times, DeBord seemed to aim for his head.  I personally think it was a dirty play by DeBord, but everyone on gopo loved it and thought it was a clean play so take your pick.  Not sure if this had anything to do with the Flattery situation, but it's very possible.

- I think the umpire should have ejected the pitcher after throwing at DeBord's head.  He either wasn't aware of the situation, or agreed with me about the earlier play and thought he deserved to be thrown at.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 02, 2013, 01:44:56 AM »

Huh. I know a guy that walked past that ambulance. Also, cnscasey is in town. Go cats.

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 02, 2013, 01:55:32 AM »

- After watching the replay about 10 times, DeBord seemed to aim for his head.  I personally think it was a dirty play by DeBord, but everyone on gopo loved it and thought it was a clean play so take your pick.  Not sure if this had anything to do with the Flattery situation, but it's very possible.

DeBord didn't aim for his head, the Bryant player was going to try & slide around the plate & reach his hand & touch the plate since DeBord was blocking the plate.  DeBord did the smart thing & went to the base runner to apply the tag instead of waiting for the base runner to come to him. DeBord was trying to tag the base runner in the chest & the Bryant player was trying to avoid the tag & tried to get low to avoid the tag. In doing so DeBord clocked him in the jaw & the Bryant player hit the back of his head on the turf.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1445 on: June 02, 2013, 02:09:09 AM »
So any word if the Bryant guy is concussed? Definitely seems excessive to knock a dude out who plays for the Bryant Bulldogs. :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1446 on: June 02, 2013, 02:25:40 AM »
Who do we want to play? Bryant or Ark?

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 02, 2013, 02:32:50 AM »
Who do we want to play? Bryant or Ark?

We should be able to get 1 of the next 2 from either.  I'm like to never even have to face AR just so I can laugh at them more.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1448 on: June 02, 2013, 03:40:36 AM »
Cnscasey. Are you here?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 02, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »
Guys, SK/SDK/SD here, I am in need of two tickets for tonight's game. I want to thank emawblast for helping a brother out last night and Limestone and company for the great commentary.

The guy in the lawn chair looked creepy and I don't want to buy from him  :ohno: