Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 572712 times)

Kid In the Hall, GregKSU1027 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Booze Cats 2014
« Reply #4050 on: May 11, 2014, 08:47:36 PM »
So what are the odds of that Omaha thingy now? I suppose not very good.

They are statistically eliminated from the B12 tournament, so probably zero.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: May 11, 2014, 08:47:50 PM »
baseball is dumb.

no our ego-inflated sorry excuse of a baseball team is dumb.

I'm going to ding-dong ditch you all week at odd hours of the night and early morning. You can explain it to your sleeping roommates.

#teamsw

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: May 11, 2014, 08:48:52 PM »
We took the omaha or bust thing pretty seriously
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: May 11, 2014, 08:57:48 PM »
K-State fans, fill the stadium to watch a team who doesn't even want to be out there.

Nice work . . . Brad.
It's his fault. He brought attention to the program last year and made us realize that we had a baseball team. He should have kept sucking under the radar.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: May 11, 2014, 09:04:27 PM »
I don't understand what your issue with the team's collective social media presence is, swc and sc. they did the same thing during the preseason that every other team does. Honestly, I prefer the way they have handled this season on social media compared to other teams. They set their sights high, #OmahaOrBust, and failed. Every other team talks about winning conference championships, reaching tournaments, winning bowl games, etc., as well. The difference is, when they fail, they talk up all the "success" that they had. This team had big dreams, didn't achieve them and haven't made excuses. You're both out of line. Not a single one of those guys is happy about the way this season turned out.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: May 11, 2014, 09:39:18 PM »
So what are the odds of that Omaha thingy now? I suppose not very good.

They are statistically eliminated from the B12 tournament, so probably zero.

Yep, not very good.  :frown:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: May 11, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »
The ones I follow on twitter went quiet once they realized they weren't going to get it done.  I'm not mad at them but they gotta get some answer about how this thing went so bad.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: May 11, 2014, 09:48:46 PM »
Lol gmafb if the football or basketball team were so vocal and cocky and all high and mighty like the baseball team did telling everyone that they were going to the elite eight or the CFP and then finished last in the big 12 they would be getting killed left and right the baseball team deserves any crap they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: May 11, 2014, 09:51:21 PM »
And it wasn't just a statement once at a pep rally this was every day on twitter on campus and then they flamed out hard. They are crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: May 11, 2014, 11:36:03 PM »
I don't really blame the players. This was a team with huge holes to fill in the outfield and on the mound. No one knew how former stud (and hopefull stud again one day) closer Jake Matthys would recover from an offseason injury. Yet the media (I'm guilty of this as well) pumped this team up and talked about them like they were devoid of warts and were destined for greatness. What are the players supposed to say? That they probably aren't as good as everyone is saying they are? That their goals weren't to go to Omaha?

Brad Hill was pretty reserved in his outlook for the team even in the preseason. I think he knew that the team would struggle more than people thought they would. I doubt he thought it would be as bad as it has been though.

It's pretty tough to hear all about how great you are and then labor through an extremely disappointing season. They simply aren't that good, and happen to play in very good and very deep conference.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: May 12, 2014, 12:12:55 AM »
Although disappointed this season, I still like these guys. Will probably pass up one round of golf this coming weekend to enjoy them and the atmosphere.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: May 12, 2014, 12:16:11 AM »
I didn't think that there would be a plausible situation where I would think that Brad Hill needed to be fired after this season. I was wrong. I'm not saying he should definitely be fired, but if the feeling around the complex is that he's the reason for what happened this season, then there needs to be a serious conversation.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: May 12, 2014, 12:33:38 AM »
I didn't think that there would be a plausible situation where I would think that Brad Hill needed to be fired after this season. I was wrong. I'm not saying he should definitely be fired, but if the feeling around the complex is that he's the reason for what happened this season, then there needs to be a serious conversation.

I don't disagree. However, we lost three pitchers before the season began. If Brad didn't effectively communicate the implicatons of that fact to the players, and they didn't respond to the fact that they weren't the same team as last year, maybe that is on Brad. Currie needs to find that out. And respond appropriately.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: May 12, 2014, 12:34:59 AM »

I don't disagree. However, we lost three pitchers before the season began. If Brad didn't effectively communicate the implicatons of that fact to the players, and they didn't respond to the fact that they weren't the same team as last year, maybe that is on Brad. Currie needs to find that out. And respond appropriately.

Agreed.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: May 12, 2014, 04:27:03 AM »
You're being a bit of a jackass, swc. I'd like to hope you're gE'ing.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: May 12, 2014, 08:24:14 AM »
They reverted back to what Brad Hill teams usually do.  errors, low OBP, can't bring runners in.  When last year they worked the ever living hell out of pitchers.  They spit on everything except meat, now they swing from the heels at pitches in the dirt because everyone told them how great they are at hitting

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: May 12, 2014, 09:57:09 AM »
Also it seems like we aren't getting plunked nearly as much. :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: May 12, 2014, 09:58:44 AM »
fwiw, many players i talked to over the years always downplayed hill's role in any of their success. which may mean nothing other than they hate him, but who knows.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: May 12, 2014, 10:10:10 AM »
Also it seems like we aren't getting plunked nearly as much. :frown:

i don't know if it's the chicken or the egg, but it's bullshit IYAM :curse:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: May 12, 2014, 11:15:11 AM »
I feel sad for the players   :frown:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: May 12, 2014, 11:50:36 AM »
I feel sad for the players  Kivett :frown:

fyp

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: May 12, 2014, 12:37:17 PM »
Yeah what are Kivett's draft prospects these days? And is there any hope for Debord at all? I know he's a stud catcher but he kinda struggs from the plate. :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: May 12, 2014, 02:56:22 PM »
for me the suckiest part was how many times the bases were empty with 2 outs and our opponents would manage to score runs.  I mean, I bet if you took away any runs scored under those circumstances (with the exception of solo homeruns) we probably win 6 more games.  Did not look up the stats tho, just noticed how it always seemed like 2 outs, nobody on...hold on to your dicks its about to get ugly.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: May 12, 2014, 03:18:51 PM »
@Metalhead - Should I even bother coming up Saturday for UT?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: May 12, 2014, 05:53:43 PM »
Kivett turned down playing for his hometown Cleveland Indians to essentially play for my hometown Manhattan Indians. :frown: