Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 572988 times)

KST8FAN and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

The Big Train

Re: KSU Booze Cats 2014
« Reply #3625 on: March 27, 2014, 09:03:43 AM »
Brad Hill needs to mush more locals IMO.

Best thing he ever did, except for Bunker, Giller, DeBord, you know, the guys that actually had "talent".

This team has a significant amount of instate talent on it: Kyle Speer, big Debord and little DeBord, LobCityFish, PrettyBoyFloyd, HotPocketMitch and a few others.

Yeah, those guys have actual talent, not just "good form".  Also, actual D1 offers.
Hey big train, you don't have to be a male genitals sucker about it. You know, since you never actually saw me play and don't know what you're talking about.  :facepalm:

:horrorsurprise:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: March 27, 2014, 09:05:34 AM »

Best thing he ever did, except for Bunker, Giller, DeBord, you know, the guys that actually had "talent".

You trying to tell me Fanning can't throw a curveball?
Pitching is more than throwing a curve ball. I had one. It was nice. My out pitch was a fork ball and that was pretty unique coming out of HS. Ksuduece had one of the best curve balls I have ever seen in the high school game.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: March 27, 2014, 09:06:05 AM »

This team has a significant amount of instate talent on it: Kyle Speer, big Debord and little DeBord, LobCityFish, PrettyBoyFloyd, HotPocketMitch and a few others.

Yeah, those guys have actual talent, not just "good form".  Also, actual D1 offers.
Hey big train, you don't have to be a crock sucker about it. You know, since you never actually saw me play and don't know what you're talking about.  :facepalm:

:horrorsurprise:
You're very personal with me for never meeting me IRL. It's really weird.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: March 27, 2014, 09:07:29 AM »

Pitching is more than throwing a curve ball. I had one. It was nice. My out pitch was a fork ball and that was pretty unique coming out of HS. Ksuduece had one of the best curve balls I have ever seen in the high school game.
That being said, I know I wasn't a D1 talent, just don't know why Brad Hill didn't allow walk-ons, when he came to a school that lived and breathed off those success stories.

The Big Train

« Reply #3629 on: March 27, 2014, 10:35:30 AM »
I know someone who walked on to KSU under Brad and they got a scholly after their first year, that first year they were basically the bat boy tho.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: March 27, 2014, 10:41:16 AM »

That being said, I know I wasn't a D1 talent, just don't know why Brad Hill didn't allow walk-ons, when he came to a school that lived and breathed off those success stories.

why didn't the biggest guy on the team walk into Brad's office the night before the first game and lay his jersey on coach's desk, followed by the rest of the team?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: March 27, 2014, 10:46:41 AM »
 :love:

P.S.- I'm done blowing up this thread. Clark did talk to me about walking on and yes Brad mushed me. I'm happy that he's apparently allowing walk-ons now. I know he wasn't when he showed up cause he brought a lot of his guys from his previous program. I just wanted to defend myself, since Big train (when the eff did this poster show up on the scene?) wants to throw jabs at someone he's never seen play in real life.

GO CATS!

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: March 27, 2014, 10:49:06 AM »
glad these studs get to spend this weekend getting hacks in and getting comfortable in the stadium we'll be winning a natty in in June.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: March 27, 2014, 10:50:52 AM »

P.S.- I'm done blowing up this thread. Clark did talk to me about walking on and yes Brad mushed me. I'm happy that he's apparently allowing walk-ons now. I know he wasn't when he showed up cause he brought a lot of his guys from his previous program. I just wanted to defend myself, since Big train (when the eff did this poster show up on the scene?) wants to throw jabs at someone he's never seen play in real life.

GO CATS!

TBT has been around for a while, he also played college baseball...

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: March 27, 2014, 10:54:06 AM »

GO CATS!

TBT has been around for a while, he also played college baseball...
Good for him. I guess that gives him the right to critique someone he's never seen play before.  :clap:

The Big Train

« Reply #3635 on: March 27, 2014, 11:23:16 AM »
If a D1 coach, no matter the program says you should walk on, shouldn't you be getting offers from smaller schools? I don't think you understand how tough D1 baseball is.

The Big Train

« Reply #3636 on: March 27, 2014, 11:25:44 AM »
I mean, my name is based on one of the greatest pitchers of all time, I know a little about baseball.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: March 27, 2014, 11:29:37 AM »
If a D1 coach, no matter the program says you should walk on, shouldn't you be getting offers from smaller schools? I don't think you understand how tough D1 baseball is.
I did. I turned them down. William Jewell, Benedictine, Johnson county, allen county, Washburn, St. Mary's, small schools out of state, etc. I just never mentioned that. My heart was with K-State.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: March 27, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
Any sport in D1 is extremly hard. I know this.

The Big Train

« Reply #3639 on: March 27, 2014, 11:31:07 AM »
I did. I turned them down. William Jewell, Benedictine, Johnson county, allen county, Washburn, St. Mary's, small schools out of state, etc. I just never mentioned that. My heart was with K-State.

Fair enough. I'm done busting your balls. Go cats.  :cheers:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: March 27, 2014, 11:31:23 AM »
 :cheers:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: March 27, 2014, 11:38:55 AM »
So can we get back to the scrimmage recap for Nebraska Lincoln? 

Man, that cycle.....

Also....man that Big Red 44....I wonder if he has a shot of transferring to the big time club in Omaha (which we should have said eff it and played  :curse:)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: March 27, 2014, 11:44:38 AM »
If I didn't have plans to go hang out with my bff, Doug Benson, on Sunday, I would consider the trip up to Omaha this weekend to watch us pisspound Creighton.

Offline steaksdime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: March 27, 2014, 11:53:14 AM »
HE DID IT

first person in seventeen years since local emaw townie stud heath schesser.

Heath is a real townie/EMAW stud.  Fact
As good as they get.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: March 27, 2014, 03:30:33 PM »
Also, how many of you guys are going to watch WSU get piss pounded by the Cats on the 8th?  I will be in town for a conference and would love to take in this game with some gE buds.
@mikec2w

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: March 27, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »
Also, how many of you guys are going to watch WSU get piss pounded by the Cats on the 8th?  I will be in town for a conference and would love to take in this game with some gE buds.

:fistpump:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: March 27, 2014, 03:37:22 PM »

:Woot:
@mikec2w

Offline Matt Siebrant's Left Hand

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: March 27, 2014, 10:46:08 PM »
Strongly considering making a trip back to the MHK the first weekend to watch our boozecats play ku. Biggest sunflower series in recent memory.

Plus booze!

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: March 28, 2014, 12:56:16 AM »

:Woot:

I'll be at the game in Wichita.   Will be hammered and heckling WSU ruthlessly from RF.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: March 28, 2014, 01:00:04 AM »
Strongly considering making a trip back to the MHK the first weekend to watch our boozecats play ku. Biggest sunflower series in recent memory.

Plus booze!

:cheers: