Author Topic: First 8 Minutes at AFH  (Read 10351 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: First 8 Minutes at AFH
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
kstate'll be fine in the first 8 minutes.  fine all game.  my goodness but some of you are weird.

You're not worried about our piss poor transition D biting us in the ass early tonight?

It could. Doesn't mean we are going to get blown out because of it anymore than KU not getting blown out because they don't have a point guard and can't shoot.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »
kstate'll be fine in the first 8 minutes.  fine all game.  my goodness but some of you are weird.

You're not worried about our piss poor transition D biting us in the ass early tonight?

Didn't hurt us last time we played KU.

You're right, but it's definitely a possibility.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2013, 05:08:04 PM »
This game is all about Withey.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2013, 05:11:32 PM »
Hopefully Self scouted Sprads like Hoiberg.

I actually have a copy of The Mayor's scouting report on the Cats. Here it is:

Quote from: Hoiberg
"Offensively, they play at an extremely fast pace. They run aggressive pick and rolls. If you turn it over, they fly it up the floor as fast as anyone. They turn turnovers into transition baskets. On the defensive end, they rely on ball pressure and contest shots. They get into your body and force you to drive it into Hernandez and he just blocks your crap."

“Keep them out of the lane. Don't let them run any of their crap. When they let Angel and Rodney go, and spread you out, they're tough to deal with. When they get into the dribble-handoff stuff, it's tough.”

“I think you want to make them play faster with Gipson. In the first five minutes at their place, deal with the Octagon of Doom crap. You can't let them get on those big runs.”

Yep, no mention of Spradling. No wonder he had a big game.
But Kellis said...

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2013, 05:14:13 PM »
we lost in the bram because we missed like 900 wide open shots.  if we play the exact same way and only miss 450 wide open shots, we should be ok.
emaw

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2013, 05:25:51 PM »
Believing that KSU will perform well tonight in AFH is basically the quintesential definition of 'faith.' 

"firm belief in something for which there is no proof." 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2013, 05:37:04 PM »
I get the transition defense point, but it sticks out because when we get beat its really bad, but it's not common. Over the season, we haven't given up a ton of fast break points. I don't think it's a big factor in this game.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2013, 05:40:12 PM »
I get the transition defense point, but it sticks out because when we get beat its really bad, but it's not common. Over the season, we haven't given up a ton of fast break points. I don't think it's a big factor in this game.

Fast break points usually are a pretty big factor when we lose in Allen Fieldhouse. But, their guard play is not great this year, so I could see it being a minimal factor in this particular game.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2013, 06:06:21 PM »
Guys, we are playing against KU at Allen Fieldhouse, not against KU and Allen Fieldhouse.  It's just a basketball court.  Sure they have dominated us there for the last 25 years, but they also dominated us here just as bad for the last 25 years.  It is because they have almost always been significantly better than us, not because they were "in our heads" or we were "scared of playing them there" or some bullshit.  It is because of a significant talent disparity.  A disparity that really doesn't exist this year.
:adios:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2013, 06:14:43 PM »
Guys, we are playing against KU at Allen Fieldhouse, not against KU and Allen Fieldhouse.  It's just a basketball court.  Sure they have dominated us there for the last 25 years, but they also dominated us here just as bad for the last 25 years.  It is because they have almost always been significantly better than us, not because they were "in our heads" or we were "scared of playing them there" or some bullshit.  It is because of a significant talent disparity.  A disparity that really doesn't exist this year.

The refs!! The refs!!!  :runaway:

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2013, 06:14:55 PM »
Guys makes sure to set your DVR tonight and save yourself the $30 it'll cost you to buy the DVD of this ass kicking  :bball:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2013, 06:15:15 PM »
Matchups

Withey/Gipson
Young/Southwell
McLemore/McGruder - Push, maybe slight McGruder because of defense.  ORating is even in conference play.
Relaford/Spradling
Johnson/#teamAngel

Tharpe/Irving
Ellis/Henriquez
Traylor/Williams :dunno:
:adios:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2013, 07:05:02 PM »

8man, you are fighting the good fight and I'm with you.

We can do this.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2013, 07:14:49 PM »

"Offensively, they play at an extremely fast pace. They run aggressive pick and rolls. If you turn it over, they fly it up the floor as fast as anyone. They turn turnovers into transition baskets. On the defensive end, they rely on ball pressure and contest shots. They get into your body and force you to drive it into Hernandez and he just blocks your crap."

“Keep them out of the lane. Don't let them run any of their crap. When they let Angel and Rodney go, and spread you out, they're tough to deal with. When they get into the dribble-handoff stuff, it's tough.”

“I think you want to make them play faster with Gipson. In the first five minutes at their place, deal with the Octagon of Doom crap. You can't let them get on those big runs.”

But Kellis said...

can't tell if serious...

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2013, 07:16:03 PM »
Prediction at the 8 minute mark: 18 - 8 KU

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2013, 07:21:27 PM »
i agree that we're totally mumped tonight

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »

The superior talent played a big part, but KU loses to less talented teams every year - it's just almost never kstate. There is more to it than that. Case in point, KU is weak this year, but they still beat us at home, and were gonna lose worse in Allen. Bounce back against Baylor.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »

But Kellis said...

can't tell if serious...
I used italics instead of (!) for the sarcasm.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2013, 08:08:53 PM »
It could. Doesn't mean we are going to get blown out because of it anymore than KU not getting blown out because they don't have a point guard and can't shoot.

yeah, their guards are crap.  they were lucky in mhk.  don't think they'll be as lucky tonight.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2013, 08:40:20 PM »
Sorry it took 10 min

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
First 8 Minutes at AFH
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2013, 08:42:42 PM »
of course

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2013, 08:48:25 PM »
This is gonna hurt so bad when we lose.

Welp.

For those of you who still deluded yourselves into thinking this perfect storm of KU anus-raping wasn't going to happen tonight I salute your tuckish behavior.

Offline smith1051

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2013, 08:51:40 PM »
Same rough ridin' crap

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2013, 08:53:09 PM »
It still kinda hurts even when you know it's coming
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2013, 08:55:33 PM »
They could show up with 3 players in AFH and Rod and co would still poop themselves. What a bunch of pussies.