Author Topic: First 8 Minutes at AFH  (Read 10530 times)

Offline emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
First 8 Minutes at AFH
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:39:02 AM »
Scores at the under 12:00 Timeout the last 4 years in AFH:

5-17 KU

6-17 KU

12-20 KU

5-20 KU

I think we can keep it close early and settle down, we will be fine..

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: First 8 Minutes at AFH
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:51:51 AM »
These are great.

'08 : 9-23 KU

'07: 6-15 KU

'06: 10-8 KSU

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:56:44 AM »

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:58:04 AM »
I don't think that will be the case this year.  I expect the score to bu much closer at the under 12:00 timeout.  Very good chance KSU is leading.  For any bettors out there I would run and put money the KSU covering the 9 point spread before it gets lowered.  That line is a bet your mortgage line.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:03:59 AM »
It's ok guys, I just got done texting sky thom, and I asked him for some of his ju ju from 06'. He sent them my way, it's all good.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:04:26 AM »
I don't think that will be the case this year.  I expect the score to bu much closer at the under 12:00 timeout.  Very good chance KSU is leading.  For any bettors out there I would run and put money the KSU covering the 9 point spread before it gets lowered.  That line is a bet your mortgage line.

Just kind of has the feeling of a perfect storm for us to walk in there and get unloaded on, which happens pretty much every time anyways

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:06:01 AM »

Just kind of has the feeling of a perfect storm for us to walk in there and get unloaded on, which happens pretty much every time anyways

My roommate, who is a KSU fan, said basically the same thing.  I can understand that point of view but just looking at how these teams have been playing the last week, I don't see it happening.  If a blowout happens it will be the Cats killing the Hawks. If KU wins it will be close.

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 09:09:57 AM »

My roommate, who is a KSU fan, said basically the same thing.  I can understand that point of view but just looking at how these teams have been playing the last week, I don't see it happening.  If a blowout happens it will be the Cats killing the Hawks. If KU wins it will be close.

This is just the kind of mentality that gets you BLOWN OUT.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »
The last 5 years have drained the emaw out of me when it comes to that old pissbarn.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »
I think we can all agree oscar looks and acts more like Wooly than he does Frank/Huggs. Wooly was the last coach to win at AFH and have a lead after the under 12 timeout. Also we won 59-55, which is the score that KU beat KSU by earlier this season. Just saying.  :surprised:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 09:28:33 AM »
There is always a lot of talk about pressure in this game, and its hard to really measure, but still a legitimate point. IMO early in the game, because of the history here, K-State starts with more pressure despite how KU comes into this game. However, if K-State gets going early and maintains a lead, the pressure will all swing fully to KU by halftime. The thought of being the first team in 20 years to lose 4 in a row, lose 2 in a row at home, and nearly eliminate the possibility of 9 straight (all against a rival) will be really tough. And they've already shown to have some mental weaknesses.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 09:30:57 AM »
KU by 20

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 09:33:25 AM »
Have they made the "oscar Weber does my taxes" shirt yet?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 09:33:42 AM »
I don't like it when KU fans troll us about this being a really close game.  I don't like it one bit.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 09:35:56 AM »
I don't like it when KU fans troll us about this being a really close game.  I don't like it one bit.

No trolling on my part, I'm legitimately worried about this game.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 09:36:34 AM »
Have they made the "oscar Weber does my taxes" shirt yet?

:lol:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 09:59:31 AM »
There is always a lot of talk about pressure in this game, and its hard to really measure, but still a legitimate point. IMO early in the game, because of the history here, K-State starts with more pressure despite how KU comes into this game. However, if K-State gets going early and maintains a lead, the pressure will all swing fully to KU by halftime. The thought of being the first team in 20 years to lose 4 in a row, lose 2 in a row at home, and nearly eliminate the possibility of 9 straight (all against a rival) will be really tough. And they've already shown to have some mental weaknesses.

^^^^ THIS^^^^ exactly.

With that said, in the past the teams that won in Allen were generally middle of the pack teams like K-State in '06. However this year ku has very little leadership within the team and thus seem more susceptible to the creeping doubts you mentioned vs top teams in conference contending for the crown.

In the past 5 yrs it seemed that they would smack the top teams in the big 12, but the teams that threatened an upset were usually the bottom feeders that they overlooked. Question then becomes, did OSU fully expose them & can we hit enough shots early to flip the pressure?

bears are fast...

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 10:05:27 AM »
Not sure if this will matter but every bit of pressure will be on them. We should be playing care free.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 10:15:36 AM »
Yes, we should be really loose and just bombing them from deep three range.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »
I'm not falling for these tricks.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
I bet EJ snaps out and hits some ridiculous 3's.  I bet Will is below 30% from 3

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
First 8 Minutes at AFH
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
I bet EJ snaps out and hits some ridiculous 3's.  I bet Will is below 30% from 3

I bet things that always happen will happen.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »
Scoring inside will kill the Jayhawks--they've had their panties in a wad over guard play, exploiting the inside game would split that team wide open.  Your guess is as good as mine if the 'Cats can actually do that.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
It will be a lot easier to not piss down our leg at the beginning of the game because the players should be convinced that KU is mortal. They did not seem to have that thought in the past 6 years.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 12:18:17 PM »
I'm kind of throwing out TCU because that was such a weird game, but OU/OSU showed the keys to me; stay even shooting and on the boards, and you have a great shot because you will likely force TOs. And we're the best in the league at TO% differntial. In Manhattan the TOs weren't enough because we shot terrible and got out boarded.

I'm hopeful some confidence for us will help shooting; KU was one of only 2 Big 12 games that we shot less than 51%.