Author Topic: The Hope and the Change . . . died a long time ago . . .  (Read 5557 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: The Hope and the Change . . . died a long time ago . . .
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »
The Pritzker family is a great client to have guys.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »
Dax hates the crap out of the president guys

People hated Jackie Robinson too.  History always reflects poorly on small-minded, racist conservatives.

Yet another variation of Godwin's law in one post.

Sad and pathetic.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 03:47:17 AM »
Conservatives always fall back on the fact that the Democrats used to be like the current Republican party.  All the racists in the South voted Democrat back in the day, but now I'd say about 95% of those people vote Republican.  The truth is that liberals have always been advocates for civil rights.  From the women's rights movement in the 1920's, to the civil rights movement of the 1960's, to the gay rights movement of today's society.  Liberals have consistently been on the right side of history.  Like I said, it's the racist, small-minded conservatives like FSD that have held this country back from achieving greatness.  We can't even host a Super Bowl anymore without the power going out.

So the Left has been supported by blacks for a long long time now, and the Left has vowed to be an advocate for them.  Sounds like a reasonable deal,
However statistically they are in worse shape now after the last 40 years of help from democrats.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 09:04:44 AM »
Conservatives always fall back on the fact that the Democrats used to be like the current Republican party.  All the racists in the South voted Democrat back in the day, but now I'd say about 95% of those people vote Republican.  The truth is that liberals have always been advocates for civil rights.  From the women's rights movement in the 1920's, to the civil rights movement of the 1960's, to the gay rights movement of today's society.  Liberals have consistently been on the right side of history.  Like I said, it's the racist, small-minded conservatives like FSD that have held this country back from achieving greatness.  We can't even host a Super Bowl anymore without the power going out.

So the Left has been supported by blacks for a long long time now, and the Left has vowed to be an advocate for them.  Sounds like a reasonable deal,
However statistically they are in worse shape now after the last 40 years of help from democrats.

You will never convince a liberal that a job is more valuable than a minimal hand-out. When people make enough to pay taxes they become more conservative, so it makes sense to keep the poor in their pocket.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 11:33:51 AM »

You will never convince a liberal that a job is more valuable than a minimal hand-out. When people make enough to pay taxes they become more conservative, so it makes sense to keep the poor in their pocket.

Total bullshit. 

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 11:50:19 AM »

You don't seriously believe this do you?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 12:09:52 PM »

Total bullshit.

The president won't agree tp the necessary tax incentives to help create real long term jobs. Green jobs and government jobs are not real long term jobs.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »

Total bullshit.

The president won't agree tp the necessary tax incentives to help create real long term jobs. Green jobs and government jobs are not real long term jobs.

Sorry, but once again, this is BS.  Effective tax rates are near historic lows:

I'm not opposed to tax incentives and tax reforms in general, but tax rates aren't the problem right now.  Also, if anything is a long-term job, it's government jobs and green jobs.  The United States government isn't going anywhere any time soon, and the future of our energy grid is in alternative energies.  Oil is a finite resource, which is why we need a replacement for when we run out. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 12:51:12 PM »

I'm not opposed to tax incentives and tax reforms in general, but tax rates aren't the problem right now.  Also, if anything is a long-term job, it's government jobs and green jobs.  The United States government isn't going anywhere any time soon, and the future of our energy grid is in alternative energies.  Oil is a finite resource, which is why we need a replacement for when we run out.

Spain and Greece disagree.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »

So you're blaming the recessions in Spain and Greece on government jobs and green jobs?  Explain.

PS - Germany disagrees with Spain and Greece

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_Germany

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 01:34:34 PM »

So you're blaming the recessions in Spain and Greece on government jobs and green jobs?  Explain.

No, just the increased severity of the recession in those countries.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/opinion/the-cost-of-protecting-greeces-public-sector.html?_r=0

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a2PHwqAs7BS0

Germany's renewable energy is highly subsidized.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 02:08:48 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/opinion/the-cost-of-protecting-greeces-public-sector.html?_r=0

:rolleyes:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »

I totally get it. I've been BOOM ROASTED before.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 02:39:35 PM »

I totally get it. I've been BOOM ROASTED before.

Public sector inefficiency and bureaucracy is a big problem in Greece, but so is tax evasion and general corruption.  As for Spain, their energy costs are higher because they don't have as many natural resources as the United States.  We've had a huge boom in natural gas and oil production over the past several years, which has led to lower energy costs.  All of that stuff is great, but we still need to integrate alternative energies as we prepare for a long-term solution to our finite oil resource.  And when it comes to subsidies, Big Oil is raking in billions on an annual basis.  Thanks to investments in infrastructure and alternative energies, Germany's energy grid is about to be on par with where the United States hopes to be by around 2020. 

http://www.research-in-germany.de/122136/2013-02-06-smart-grid-test-as-part-of-the-energy-transition,sourcePageId=8240.html

Smart grids like the one Siemens is developing in Germany are the wave of the future.  The United States should be trying to encourage this kind of investment into our infrastructure, but instead we're focused on our debt. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for green energy. I don't have a problem with some subsidies for research and development at the university level or with tax breaks for business R & D, but when it's necessary to subsidize  production of a product, that just means more R & D is necessary and not ready for the market (see ethanol).

Good reading - http://www.juandemariana.org/pdf/090327-employment-public-aid-renewable.pdf

When power companies find it's cheaper to replace or improve their grids than continued repairs, it will get done. Good for tiny Germany for leading the way. By the way, SDG&E already has a smart grid here.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 04:09:35 PM »
If you guys want to see a green energy subsidy failure check out Denmark with their wind energy. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 04:11:24 PM »
If you guys want to see a green energy subsidy failure check out Denmark with their wind energy.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 04:57:25 PM »

I enjoyed this article:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/denmark/7996606/An-ill-wind-blows-for-Denmarks-green-energy-revolution.html

"I think there's an outbreak of realism," says Constable. "Wind is not a bad technology. It's just a lot more limited than people thought in the past."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 05:34:02 PM »

Total bullshit.

I'm curious what this graph has to do with effective tax rates?  Do you believe people paid 90% of what they earned back in the day?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 07:04:18 PM »
Oh look, the village idiot has confused marginal rates with effective rates.  Color me surprised.

Dems blow my rough ridin' mind.  They want more taxes for their crony bullshit and to support the welfare state they vigorously perpetuate, but they are unwilling to adopt policy that increases taxes the fastest (ie, increased labor force and tax base).  Rather they endorse policies geared at making more people poor and most destructive to the longevity of our society.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 11:20:29 PM »
you guys are all racist

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2013, 10:29:29 AM »
This was fun. I especially enjoyed the brief link war that went on. I bet not one person clicked on any of them.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 10:46:25 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for green energy. I don't have a problem with some subsidies for research and development at the university level or with tax breaks for business R & D, but when it's necessary to subsidize  production of a product, that just means more R & D is necessary and not ready for the market (see ethanol).

Good reading - http://www.juandemariana.org/pdf/090327-employment-public-aid-renewable.pdf

When power companies find it's cheaper to replace or improve their grids than continued repairs, it will get done. Good for tiny Germany for leading the way. By the way, SDG&E already has a smart grid here.

One area where I agree with Republicans is that we need to eliminate a lot of the red tape and bureaucracy that's involved with building things in this country.  I heard somewhere it would cost us nine times as much to build high speed rail as it does in Europe.  That's a huge problem and a reason why we don't invest as much into that stuff.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »
Oh look, the village idiot has confused marginal rates with effective rates.  Color me surprised.

Dems blow my rough ridin' mind.  They want more taxes for their crony bullshit and to support the welfare state they vigorously perpetuate, but they are unwilling to adopt policy that increases taxes the fastest (ie, increased labor force and tax base).  Rather they endorse policies geared at making more people poor and most destructive to the longevity of our society.

I didn't confuse anything.  Some people pay mostly capital gains taxes, which means their effective rate falls somewhere between 39% and 15%.  You keep obsessing over this false dichotomy between right and left, when in reality, I fall somewhere in the middle.  I'm a registered Independent and would be open to voting for a Republican if the party would nominate a legitimate candidate.  The only village idiot here is you.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »

I didn't confuse anything.  Some people pay mostly capital gains taxes, which means their effective rate falls somewhere between 39% and 15%.
  You keep obsessing over this false dichotomy between right and left, when in reality, I fall somewhere in the middle.  I'm a registered Independent and would be open to voting for a Republican if the party would nominate a legitimate candidate.  The only village idiot here is you.

:lol:  what a dumbass. 

This post is prima facie evidence you dont know the difference.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd