Author Topic: San Francisco things  (Read 149505 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: San Francisco things
« Reply #450 on: March 29, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »
Oakland mom I know is pary of a group that had a mom was making butter from breast milk.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:39:35 PM by michigancat »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 29, 2014, 09:42:06 PM »
Cute face, butter tits.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 29, 2014, 09:45:37 PM »
Oakland mom I know is party of a group that had a mom was making butter from breast milk.

why?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 29, 2014, 09:52:39 PM »
LA face with an Oakland butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 29, 2014, 10:01:30 PM »
When I was younger I was part of a very small group that tried to turn ejaculate and an old sock into toffee.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 29, 2014, 10:18:24 PM »
Oakland mom I know is party of a group that had a mom was making butter from breast milk.

why?

I was too overjoyed with the absurdity that I didn't try to get more detail.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 30, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »
my guess is she was producing too much milk for the neonate and she didn't want the excess to go to waste.  second guess (sort of related) is that she wanted to lose weight, knew that producing milk was energetically very expensive, was expressing milk unneeded by the neonate to siphon calories from her body and didn't want the milk to be wasted.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 31, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »

why?

Some people think that breast milk could cure cancer or prevent it or something like that.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 31, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »
my guess is she was producing too much milk for the neonate and she didn't want the excess to go to waste.  second guess (sort of related) is that she wanted to lose weight, knew that producing milk was energetically very expensive, was expressing milk unneeded by the neonate to siphon calories from her body and didn't want the milk to be wasted.

you know you can freeze breast milk

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 31, 2014, 12:19:35 PM »

you know you can freeze breast milk

Good luck putting frozen milk on your toast

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 31, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »
rusty, bbc world had a piece this morning on my way to work about san franciscoians being freakshows about google buses and techies and stuff. talked to a bunch of people who said they've ruined the city and stuff. some other guy kinda defended them and said that they are vilified and not all of them are rich. made me dislike san franciscoiaons somewhat listening to them. also a mom who lived in a gov. housing thing because she couldn't find work there. had a couple kids. was kinda interesting but she seemed to be a loser who wasn't serious about finding work so I didn't feel bad for her. kids tho. felt bad for them kinda.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 31, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »
rusty, bbc world had a piece this morning on my way to work about san franciscoians being freakshows about google buses and techies and stuff. talked to a bunch of people who said they've ruined the city and stuff. some other guy kinda defended them and said that they are vilified and not all of them are rich. made me dislike san franciscoiaons somewhat listening to them. also a mom who lived in a gov. housing thing because she couldn't find work there. had a couple kids. was kinda interesting but she seemed to be a loser who wasn't serious about finding work so I didn't feel bad for her. kids tho. felt bad for them kinda.

It's all anyone ever talks about.

One thing I've been noticing a lot is that you go to some heavily trafficked areas where there are crazy homeless people doing drugs and fighting and stuff, people are like, "well, you can't just get rid of them, they're mentally ill!" As if they're better off doing whippets on a Tuesday afternoon at the top of the Bart stairs than anything else. Here's an example (the rest is good, but I hear the mentally handicapped thing all the time as a reason for keeping them right where they are):

SF politicians! You wanna talk euphemistically about "cleaning up" the plaza at the 16th street BART station, I'd rather focus on regulating the number of people per day who are allowed to scream through a loudspeaker into my face that I'm going to BURN IN HELL unless I accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior than anything having to do with an increased police presence or somehow magically removing that corner's (overwhelmingly mentally ill) homeless and drug-addicted population. And I've been mugged there.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:48:40 PM by michigancat »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 31, 2014, 12:42:42 PM »
This American Life did a segment on trouble coffee on Yosemite ave with the whole toast thing.  It feels good to be able to get bleeding edge hipster info in this thread before it hits the mainstream. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 31, 2014, 12:54:35 PM »
and I've been mugged there....

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 31, 2014, 01:06:07 PM »

Better to be mugged than have to listen to jesus talk.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 31, 2014, 01:09:48 PM »
this one guy also made the point that the google buses had wifi and AC and were really nice while the public buses were crappy. I couldn't really grasp how that was meaningful but the guy saying it was saying it like it was a very important thing people should know about.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 31, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »
this one guy also made the point that the google buses had wifi and AC and were really nice while the public buses were crappy. I couldn't really grasp how that was meaningful but the guy saying it was saying it like it was a very important thing people should know about.

Have I shared this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThkrBQIuETw

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 01, 2014, 12:07:08 AM »

why?

Some people think that breast milk could cure cancer or prevent it or something like that.

my hypotheses were more interesting.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 01, 2014, 12:15:04 AM »

why?

my hypotheses were more interesting.

I know a lady who breast fed her daughter until she was like 5 or 6 years old. srs.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 01, 2014, 09:38:10 AM »
Mich,
What are people's reactions when you tell them you grew up in Kansas? Indifferent, astonished, put off, judgemental, apathetic? Any good stories about people's reactions?
I'm purple down

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 01, 2014, 10:10:35 AM »
Mich,
What are people's reactions when you tell them you grew up in Kansas? Indifferent, astonished, put off, judgemental, apathetic? Any good stories about people's reactions?

Honestly, most people that I speak to enough to talk about where I'm from are mostly indifferent. There are tons of folks from the midwest out here, so it's not like someone from Kansas is a novelty. I'm sure some people that would turn their nose up at it, but I generally don't associate with those type of people, and it's really no different from someone who grew up in Prairie Village giving crap to someone who grew up in Topeka.

There's definitely pretty broad generalizations of all people in the midwest that are probably, like midwesterners only eat fatty food and are all racist and have bad style. A good example was someone talking about her mother-in-law from Minnesota who would always clean and rearrange when she visited. "It's so weird, I guess it's a midwestern thing." I was like, "No, that's not a midwestern thing at all." and I just kind of get ignored and they conclude, "yeah, it must be."

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 01, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »

Better to be mugged than have to listen to jesus talk.

imo, yes.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 07, 2014, 03:54:33 PM »
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Suspects-Flip-Over-Smart-Cars-in-San-Francisco-254177981.html

Flipping Smart Cars

In Paris I saw a couple guys get out of their vehicle on a narrow road to pick up a smart car off the street and move it onto the sidewalk so that they could make passage.  The whole procedure was executed rather en passant, which makes me think it is a common occurrence. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 15, 2014, 03:12:50 PM »
This made me understand stuff better

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/14/sf-housing/