Author Topic: Frank Haith '12-'13 = oscar Weber '13-'14  (Read 7356 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Frank Haith '12-'13 = oscar Weber '13-'14
« on: February 01, 2013, 12:35:39 AM »
Are we seeing a premonition of our future whilst watching Frank Haith ruining the Mizzou basketball program this year? I think the scary thing is that Haith has better players than oscar will have next year (minus the point guard). Thoughts?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Haith '12-'13 = oscar Weber '13-'14
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:43:20 AM »
Are we seeing a premonition of our future whilst watching Frank Haith ruining the Mizzou basketball program this year? I think the scary thing is that Haith has better players than oscar will have next year (minus the point guard). Thoughts?

Completely irrelevant.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 12:45:32 AM »

Completely irrelevant.

Please expand upon your incredibly enlightening post  :dubious:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:49:59 AM by ksudeuce »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 01:01:13 AM »

Completely irrelevant.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 01:02:48 AM »

Completely irrelevant.

I hate you guys  :shakesfist:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 01:10:04 AM »
Completely irrelevant.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 01:12:59 AM »
Completely irrelevant.

It's kind of loosely relevant, dammit :curse:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 02:44:06 AM »
I really admire your fire in terms of you being #teamburnitdown.  You're an activist. It's rare to see someone fight what they believe is the good fight so fervently.  Kudos.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 06:27:38 AM »
We're not winning a conference tournament title this year, FYI.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 07:10:12 AM »
Webs is a way better XandOer but won't ever build the talent up. Hadith has some pieces but no clue how to use them.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Frank Haith '12-'13 = oscar Weber '13-'14
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 07:15:00 AM »
Webs is a way better XandOer

What on Earth is this based on?

Offline quietstorm5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 09:40:32 AM »
Not to speak for anyone else but I'm gonna guess he's basing that off of results! Take away all of his results at Illinois and Weber still has a S16 and a couple of conference titles and significantly better overall winning % and conference winnning %. Also with his own recruits of lesser talent at a high major has won an NCAA tourney game. Their career #s and acheivments are nothing alike especially when you look at what they did with inherited great talent. Kinda says one might be a little better at this coaching thing than the other  :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 09:45:22 AM »
We will be good as long as we have Angel. We can expect to ride on the NIT bubble after he leaves, though.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »
i'm thinking we might just need a deuce master thread if this crap keeps up.  i can't wake up every day seeing another one of his dumb rough ridin' threads on this board.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Frank Haith '12-'13 = oscar Weber '13-'14
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 10:04:39 AM »
Not to speak for anyone else but I'm gonna guess he's basing that off of results! Take away all of his results at Illinois and Weber still has a S16 and a couple of conference titles and significantly better overall winning % and conference winnning %. Also with his own recruits of lesser talent at a high major has won an NCAA tourney game. Their career #s and acheivments are nothing alike especially when you look at what they did with inherited great talent. Kinda says one might be a little better at this coaching thing than the other  :dunno:

Haith had worse players, though.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11:43 AM »
"Better Xs and Os coach" usually means "I prefer Coach A's system/coaching". JMHO

Offline quietstorm5

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Frank Haith '12-'13 = oscar Weber '13-'14
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 10:14:46 AM »
You're saying Frank Haith had worse players last year and at Miami than Weber had at SIU and had at Illinois post 07-08 season?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 10:15:05 AM »
"Better Xs and Os coach" usually means "I prefer Coach A's system/coaching". JMHO

Sometimes it means "black people aren't as smart as white people"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Frank Haith '12-'13 = oscar Weber '13-'14
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 10:17:47 AM »
You're saying Frank Haith had worse players last year and at Miami than Weber had at SIU and had at Illinois post 07-08 season?

Absolutely.

Offline quietstorm5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »
This may be true many of times and maybe the op should have just said a better coach period, because by any objective data Heath doesn't measure up to Weber even when you remove the 5 Illinois seasons where he had a Self recruit on his roster!

Offline quietstorm5

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Frank Haith '12-'13 = oscar Weber '13-'14
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 10:28:26 AM »
So what objective data are you using to say that a mid-major SIU team had more talent than a #2 seeded Mizzou team? We know it is high school star ratings nor NBA draft status/position.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Absolutely.
[/quote]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 10:38:20 AM »
This may be true many of times and maybe the op should have just said a better coach period, because by any objective data Heath doesn't measure up to Weber even when you remove the 5 Illinois seasons where he had a Self recruit on his roster!

Objective data (career averages in efficiency and 4 factors)

Pace   OPPP   eFG%   TO%   OR%   FTR   DPPP   eFG%   TO%   OR%   FTR
Haith   65.8   1.14   50.8   19.0   36.8   35.2   0.97   48.4   19.8   32.2   34.1
oscar   65.2   1.11   51.2   19.0   34.7   30.7   0.91   46.7   21.1   31.0   34.2

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 10:40:48 AM »
So what objective data are you using to say that a mid-major SIU team had more talent than a #2 seeded Mizzou team? We know it is high school star ratings nor NBA draft status/position.

I would argue that none of oscar's SIU teams were better than Mizzou last year.

Missouri had a historically good offense (the best in the country). It was better on offense than oscar's team that had Dee Brown and Deron Williams.

How can you have the best offense in the country (any year) with poor x's and o's?

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 11:24:51 AM »
i'm thinking we might just need a deuce master thread if this crap keeps up.  i can't wake up every day seeing another one of his dumb rough ridin' threads on this board.

I'm sorry that I'm trying to be an active participant on this board, I could see how that might upset you. Other people seem to be at least tolerating the threads, so maybe you should offer up a splif to the crisp Kansas air and just relax a bit.

Offline quietstorm5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 11:32:51 AM »
You can argue whatever you want and you can love the offensive pace and play of a team but what you like and argue are subjective points! Objective points are 2 1st place conference finishes and the S16 compared to 2nd place and the 2nd round loss with significantly better talent! Another objective fact, Haith best conference finish was last year in 2nd place, prior to that in an 8 year career had never finished better than 5th in the conference. Weber in a 14 year career had finished worse than 5th only twice. So in 12 of 14 years Weber did as well or better than Haith ever did prior to last year. Weber has 4 1st place conference finishes and 2 2nd place finishes in conference. Pace is great but I think most people judge a coach off of wins and losses. Most measure the success of a coach off of how he does in the tourney, how he does against his fellow conference bretheren. Objectively Weber is just better. You make not like how his offense looks but it wins, Haith not as much.

I would argue that none of oscar's SIU teams were better than Mizzou last year.

Missouri had a historically good offense (the best in the country). It was better on offense than oscar's team that had Dee Brown and Deron Williams.

How can you have the best offense in the country (any year) with poor x's and o's?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:50:34 AM by quietstorm5 »