Author Topic: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People  (Read 2205598 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People
« Reply #29700 on: May 25, 2022, 01:36:13 PM »
Nothing that another $40 billion to Ukraine and ensuring that a global logistical problem causing war goes on forever can't fix.

#blankcheckforUkraine

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29701 on: May 25, 2022, 05:15:38 PM »
SPDGTT

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29703 on: May 25, 2022, 06:23:37 PM »
to be fair, she didn't call the book "How to Murder Your Husband and Get Away With It"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29704 on: May 25, 2022, 06:38:43 PM »
to be fair, she didn't call the book "How to Murder Your Husband and Get Away With It"

Rookie move tbh

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #29705 on: May 25, 2022, 06:39:49 PM »
That book is going to have killer sales!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29706 on: May 25, 2022, 08:35:38 PM »
Welp, cross that one off my list. But seriously, anyone read that Norm MacDonald book?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29707 on: May 26, 2022, 10:24:51 AM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29708 on: May 26, 2022, 10:45:53 AM »

I’m afraid it’s true. If our representatives had discipline or godly hearts they would have enacted common sense legislation by now to prevent the mass murder of children.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29709 on: May 26, 2022, 11:33:43 AM »
I've seen this a couple times (it's fake)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29710 on: May 26, 2022, 12:02:18 PM »
Rubes

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29711 on: May 26, 2022, 12:18:14 PM »
yeah a combat vet who can't get a better job than standing around a school all day is definitely going to  be super well adjusted and not have any ptsd at all

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29712 on: May 26, 2022, 01:04:55 PM »

From the same account. Gotta torture the 2 Chron 7:14 text for good measure:

Forty…thirty years ago, we didn’t have school shootings. We had kids in pick-up trucks parked out in the school parking lot with rifles hanging in the back of their truck cabs. My dad had a gun safe that was left unlocked and I know he wasn’t the only one.
Access to guns has always been around and so has mental health struggles. This leads me to believe that there has to be something else at play here. Something that goes deeper than our laws or lack thereof.
We have an issue of the heart and, friends, God is always at the heart of the matter.
When I was growing up there was a very popular saying, “God don’t make no junk.”
I saw it all the time.
Maybe we need to be letting our kids know that now. Maybe this generation needs it just as badly as we did.
When we teach kids that they are fearfully and wonderfully made by their creator, we teach them to value life. Theirs and others.
When we teach them that one day they will be held accountable for the life they’ve lived, we teach them to own their choices and make good ones because one day they will meet their maker.
When we teach them that they were born with a purpose for their lives, we give them the reason they were created.
When we teach them that they are valuable and loved because “God don’t make no junk”, we teach them that they matter and that they are somebody no matter what anybody else says.
When we teach them that there is One who reigns supreme above their life and everybody else’s, we are teaching them that the world doesn’t revolve around them, but Him.
When we teach them that there is One who cares for them more than anyone else, we give them someone to call out to when they find themselves all alone in their bedroom wondering why anything in life even matters.
These aren’t just “feel good” things to say to someone or a false sense of hope or reality.
All of creation points to our creator and we do no one any favors ignoring that fact. When we as a people get back to the heart of the matter…the heart of the Father…I believe we will truly start to see the change we all desire.
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29713 on: May 26, 2022, 01:10:04 PM »

From the same account. Gotta torture the 2 Chron 7:14 text for good measure:

Forty…thirty years ago, we didn’t have school shootings. We had kids in pick-up trucks parked out in the school parking lot with rifles hanging in the back of their truck cabs. My dad had a gun safe that was left unlocked and I know he wasn’t the only one.
Access to guns has always been around and so has mental health struggles. This leads me to believe that there has to be something else at play here. Something that goes deeper than our laws or lack thereof.
We have an issue of the heart and, friends, God is always at the heart of the matter.
When I was growing up there was a very popular saying, “God don’t make no junk.”
I saw it all the time.
Maybe we need to be letting our kids know that now. Maybe this generation needs it just as badly as we did.
When we teach kids that they are fearfully and wonderfully made by their creator, we teach them to value life. Theirs and others.
When we teach them that one day they will be held accountable for the life they’ve lived, we teach them to own their choices and make good ones because one day they will meet their maker.
When we teach them that they were born with a purpose for their lives, we give them the reason they were created.
When we teach them that they are valuable and loved because “God don’t make no junk”, we teach them that they matter and that they are somebody no matter what anybody else says.
When we teach them that there is One who reigns supreme above their life and everybody else’s, we are teaching them that the world doesn’t revolve around them, but Him.
When we teach them that there is One who cares for them more than anyone else, we give them someone to call out to when they find themselves all alone in their bedroom wondering why anything in life even matters.
These aren’t just “feel good” things to say to someone or a false sense of hope or reality.
All of creation points to our creator and we do no one any favors ignoring that fact. When we as a people get back to the heart of the matter…the heart of the Father…I believe we will truly start to see the change we all desire.
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

I hate all these people.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29714 on: May 26, 2022, 02:23:04 PM »
The pace of mass shooting picked up substantially starting around 1975, and it's accelerated over the last 20 years or so.

I wonder what changed?  But that detracts from the political points that have and must be made, so . . . root cause analysis is not allowed!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29715 on: May 26, 2022, 02:24:25 PM »
The pace of mass shooting picked up substantially starting around 1975, and it's accelerated over the last 20 years or so.

I wonder what changed?  But that detracts from the political points that have and must be made, so . . . root cause analysis is not allowed!

Your sample time frame ends 25 years ago...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29716 on: May 26, 2022, 02:26:14 PM »

1975 was 25 years ago?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29717 on: May 26, 2022, 02:31:09 PM »

1975 was 25 years ago?

Read the post wrong.  I thought you meant it started in 75 and accelerated over the next 20 years, not the last looking back from today.  Carry on

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29718 on: May 26, 2022, 02:33:25 PM »

What is the root cause, dax? Feel free to respond in the appropriate corresponding thread (abortion, weed, whatever).

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29719 on: May 26, 2022, 02:33:40 PM »

What is your theory dax?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29720 on: May 26, 2022, 02:34:34 PM »
I would guess the internet changed things pretty drastically but I don't trust anybody to fix anything about that, nor would I know where to begin.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People
« Reply #29721 on: May 26, 2022, 02:50:12 PM »

lmao, well the assault weapons ban was passed in 1994 and expired in 2004.

Would you like me to do the math for you as to why there might have been a lull between the “increase in 1975” and then the “acceleration” from early 2000s through today?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29722 on: May 26, 2022, 03:28:10 PM »

lmao, well the assault weapons ban was passed in 1994 and expired in 2004.

Would you like me to do the math for you as to why there might have been a lull between the “increase in 1975” and then the “acceleration” from early 2000s through today?

Just so I am clear, you are attributing 100% of the blame on the weapon itself?   Don't come at me with some derp ass bullshit, just answer the question. 

Since I am an extremely intelligent person and understand that many of these acts aren't being committed with Grandpa Joe's trusty old Remington Model 11 rooster gun, I do lend a substantial amount of credence to the volume of fire and ability to reload high capacity guns rapidly.    I also  understand the stupidity of the "any gun be an assault weapon" argument as well.   Because while technically true, again, many of these weapons aren't the old side-by-side quail gun that your uncle owned.    But people have been able to buy high caliber semi-automatic hunting rifles for decades, semi-auto pistols have been around for over a century.    Semi-auto shotguns with the ability to hold 8 to 10 rounds have been around for decades. 

So once you set aside the implement of death, what has changed?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29723 on: May 26, 2022, 03:33:29 PM »
Tell us dax, what changed?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29724 on: May 26, 2022, 03:37:08 PM »
Rolling back all gun regulations back to where they were in 2002 would likely be the biggest anti-gun piece of legislature ever passed.