Author Topic: Fixing the Octagon.  (Read 119730 times)

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing the Octagon.
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2013, 10:10:07 AM »
Transforming obsolete low-roof buildings into modern high-clearance facilities

I mean our goal is in the header of their website

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2013, 10:11:58 AM »
you wouldn't be able to see crap from up there. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »
Zombie Willie the Wildcat!

[attachment deleted by admin]
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:35 AM »
Add another 8 sides and change the name to Hexadecagon of Doom.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
FWIW, this month is the 6 year anniversary of the origination of the Octagon of Doom name.

3 years ago a chance meeting between ChiCat and Doug Gottlieb took the name national via ESPN.

By the end of January 2010, ESPN was using it in a promo commercial for our game with KU.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2013, 10:49:28 AM »
obviously the best thing about ahearn is the location. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2013, 11:56:12 AM »
Ahearn is a POS, why do people not realize this? "Tradition" or "nostalgia" aren't worth the money it would take to even get it up to "slightly crappy" level.

I don't agree with ppl that think Ahearn is fantastic.

Tradition is the reason several writers gave KU the nod over us this week in their prediction.  Tradition is one of the first words uttered when espn and other outlets begin discussing KU, Duke, UNC, etc.  Tradition is one of the best pub devices out there.  Its stupid and I don't agree with any of it, but it evidently matters to ppl otherwise they wouldn't try to weave so much story around it in building up match ups. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
FWIW, this month is the 6 year anniversary of the origination of the Octagon of Doom name.

3 years ago a chance meeting between ChiCat and Doug Gottlieb took the name national via ESPN.

By the end of January 2010, ESPN was using it in a promo commercial for our game with KU.

'grats!
:adios:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2013, 12:48:56 PM »
What many dumbasses on here (like Kougs) don't get, is that to get Bramlage to the paradigm changing status that was sold as Jim Jones Kool-Aid to everyone when they were trying to get it built . . . would take the same amount of money  as it would to make Ahearn one of the best traditional basketball arenas in the country.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2013, 01:15:07 PM »
Ahearn is a POS, why do people not realize this? "Tradition" or "nostalgia" aren't worth the money it would take to even get it up to "slightly crappy" level.

Tradition is the reason several writers gave KU the nod over us this week in their prediction.  Tradition is one of the first words uttered when espn and other outlets begin discussing KU, Duke, UNC, etc.  Tradition is one of the best pub devices out there.  Its stupid and I don't agree with any of it, but it evidently matters to ppl otherwise they wouldn't try to weave so much story around it in building up match ups.

Uh no. Moving back to ahearn would have saved us mad cash. Demo the Natatorium, convert the adjoined Gym which already has courts in it to the BTF. Replace all glass block with curtain glass walls. It would be the crap. Had we followed the original master plan about buying the entire block from Anderson up to Claflin the the west side of Denison for a parking lot we would have had plenty of parking for Football games/basketball and been able to use it for class every day, solving the rough ridin' awful parking situation KSU has.

But no. We're Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2013, 01:19:51 PM »

Uh no. Moving back to ahearn would have saved us mad cash. Demo the Natatorium, convert the adjoined Gym which already has courts in it to the BTF. Replace all glass block with curtain glass walls. It would be the crap. Had we followed the original master plan about buying the entire block from Anderson up to Claflin the the west side of Denison for a parking lot we would have had plenty of parking for Football games/basketball and been able to use it for class every day, solving the rough ridin' awful parking situation KSU has.

What awful parking situation?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2013, 01:46:26 PM »

Wut?  Did you quote the wrong post?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2013, 01:50:32 PM »
you'd also be playing infront of 7500 people.  max.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2013, 02:07:18 PM »

Have you attended KSU in the last 3 years?

We have 24,000+ students with roughly the same amount of parking KSU had when there were 16,000 students. The parking garage did nothing to alleviate the shortage. It's a massive clusterfuck.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2013, 02:36:14 PM »

Have you attended KSU in the last 3 years?

We have 24,000+ students with roughly the same amount of parking KSU had when there were 16,000 students. The parking garage did nothing to alleviate the shortage. It's a massive clusterfuck.

Yes I have.  Hasn't really seemed to be too much of a problem, but then again, I have lived within walking distance, and since the parking garage opened I was never unable to find a spot in the O lot west of Old Stadium.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2013, 02:38:02 PM »
I thought it has always been pretty unanimously believed that parking at ksu was(is?) rough ridin' awful.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2013, 02:40:47 PM »
I thought it has always been pretty unanimously believed that parking at ksu was(is?) rough ridin' awful.

It's fact.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »
Number 1 pet peeve when I was a student: People complaining about parking. Just walk to class you lazy frat boy.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2013, 02:47:10 PM »
Number 1 pet peeve when I was a student: People complaining about parking. Just walk to class you lazy frat boy.

This

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »
You could get a bike and like like ~1-2 miles off campus

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2013, 03:04:19 PM »
Anybody that thinks moving the basketball arena away from the heart of campus is/was a good idea needs to have their head examined.

Seriously, there is nothing better than sports on campus and in our case, in walking distance to Aggieville.

The majority of 75,000 seat football stadiums in the SEC are right on campus, FYI.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2013, 03:39:38 PM »

i like how you threw the frat boy part in at the end. most of the frats are close enough to walk so most of those people do. it's the students from sabetha living out in a trailer by tuttle that complain about the parking. sorry.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »
I always lived in walking distance. Parking still matters though because everyone bitches about it and I got to hear it constantly. Didn't develop CartierFrat3 level bitterness though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
You know what may be better than buying half of Manhattan and making one super mega parking structure?  Bus system/pub transport.

That sound was your mind being blown.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2013, 03:48:51 PM »
You know what may be better than buying half of Manhattan and making one super mega parking structure?  Bus system/pub transport.

That sound was your mind being blown.

new local townie tea party city comish will not go for this.  :nono: