Author Topic: Will Spradling wasn't tough enough to play for Frank Martin  (Read 10504 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Will Spradling wasn't tough enough to play for Frank Martin
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2013, 01:01:43 PM »
shut up, kougz

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2013, 01:10:58 PM »
The quotes are getting too long . . . I don't disagree MIR, but at the end of the day any administrator in Currie's shoes would have taken a "get over it" stance once the new contract with substantial pay raises, annual pay raises, lucractive bonus structure and copious perks was signed.   In addition, I don't blame Currie in the least for having serious reseverations about giving the guy yet another pay raise (which the Frankites were calling for); you don't get substantial pay raises when you finish 5th and the ink from your last substantial pay raise is barely dry.   

That and even moreso when the AD is busting his ass to build you an $18 million dollar practice facility just 2.5 years after inheriting a financial cluster f_ck and while having to navigate his (or her) way through conference armageddon. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »
I read this entire thread. Note to the people posting in this thread, to the people NOT posting in this thread, you look like dweebs. Come on guys, it's the day of the KU game, and you're having a pissing match over WILL SPRADLING!!! Let that sink in for a moment  :flush:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »
I read this entire thread. Note to the people posting in this thread, to the people NOT posting in this thread, you look like dweebs. Come one guys, it's the day of the KU game, and you're having a pissing match over WILL SPRADLING!!! Let that sink in for a moment  :flush:

Good point.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »
I'd have to look at comparative salaries before I made a stance as to whether or not he should have received another raise last spring, although I'm inclined to say no. I don't think a small raise would have kept him here, other things that poisoned the relationship caused him to go. Everyone has their price though and Frank had his to deal with Currie, I'd love to know what that price was.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »
I read this entire thread. Note to the people posting in this thread, to the people NOT posting in this thread, you look like dweebs. Come on guys, it's the day of the KU game, and you're having a pissing match over WILL SPRADLING!!! Let that sink in for a moment  :flush:

multitasking is a bitch, try this thread

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=25921.0

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2013, 01:23:29 PM »
Anyone think that Frank knew that if he Franked the local white kid, it would have caused a huge problem with our racist fan base and he didn't want to deal with it?  I mean, the others that were Franked, "didn't do things the right way and had tattoos and stuff"

FYWS

I don't think that Will would have ever been Franked, just demoted.

Doubt it.  Frank had zero guards coming in this past recruiting class. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »

I know how to multi-task, but when one of your tasks is rough ridin' stupid, it doesn't make it not stupid because you're also doing something else worthwhile at the same time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »
Anyone think that Frank knew that if he Franked the local white kid, it would have caused a huge problem with our racist fan base and he didn't want to deal with it?  I mean, the others that were Franked, "didn't do things the right way and had tattoos and stuff"

FYWS

I don't think that Will would have ever been Franked, just demoted.

Doubt it.  Frank had zero guards coming in this past recruiting class.

I also think Will would have been demoted to the backup 1 with some combo of Shane/Rod/Tay/Jet at the 2-3. With JO/Upshaw/Gip getting the lions share of the minutes at the 2 big spots.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2013, 01:32:35 PM »

I know how to multi-task, but when one of your tasks is rough ridin' stupid, it doesn't make it not stupid because you're also doing something else worthwhile at the same time.

If we're measuring stupidity where does reading and posting multiple times in a topic you don't care for rank?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2013, 01:36:36 PM »

Debating how worthless/damaging Will Spradling is to EMAW is never rough ridin' stupid.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2013, 01:40:37 PM »

If we're measuring stupidity where does reading and posting multiple times in a topic you don't care for rank?

Probably pretty high up there, but not as high as the content of this thread.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »

I also think Will would have been demoted to the backup 1 with some combo of Shane/Rod/Tay/Jet at the 2-3.

Doubt it.  Because he could've done this last season, but didn't. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2013, 02:23:19 PM »

I also think Will would have been demoted to the backup 1 with some combo of Shane/Rod/Tay/Jet at the 2-3.

Jet was hurt and he didn't trust Shane enough. Certainly you think that Shane would have closed the gap with Frank here.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »

Jet was hurt and he didn't trust Shane enough. Certainly you think that Shane would have closed the gap with Frank here.

I have no reason to believe that Frank would have magically begun to trust Shane this year.  Shane didn't work in Frank's system and Frank's system wasn't gonna change.  Same is true for Nino. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2013, 02:33:05 PM »

I have no reason to believe that Frank would have magically begun to trust Shane this year.  Shane didn't work in Frank's system and Frank's system wasn't gonna change.  Same is true for Nino. 

Yeah, it seems just as likely Shane and Nino would've been Franked as they would've had increased roles this year.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2013, 02:39:27 PM »

You're right, Frank showed no willingness whatsoever to change up his system to better accomodate his players.

........:dubious:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2013, 02:48:20 PM »
Brad forced his pinwheel offense on a highly reluctant Frank.

Notwithstanding, argue to me that Frank did a good job of marrying his system to the skill sets of Shane, Will, and Nino.  I highlight these guys as they're the subject of the post.  Disclaimer, I dont think Franks a bad coach.  Far from it.  But I think he's got unique system and, quite simply, it requires some unique players. It ain't for everybody.   

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »
not ITK, but it seems like our complete inability on offense forced the change in offense scheme, not Brad. 

Could be wrong  :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »
what are you dorks even arguing about here, i can't tell. frank recruited a team that was pretty good last year and basically the same team appears to be pretty good this year.

the title of the thread is about how will was not tough enough to play for frank and from everything that we know, this appears to be true. if frank was still here then will wouldn't be. so saying that shane and the jet or whoever else was also going to get franked and/or wouldn't be getting more pt this year is ridiculous. because again, if frank was here then will wasn't going to be. ipso facto put this baby to bed and throw it out with the bath water.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2013, 03:12:40 PM »
what are you dorks even arguing about here, i can't tell.

speaking of dorks, congrats on your 11,000 posts!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »
what are you dorks even arguing about here, i can't tell.

speaking of dorks, congrats on your 11,000 posts!

:party:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2013, 03:21:12 PM »
Brad forced his pinwheel offense on a highly reluctant Frank.

Notwithstanding, argue to me that Frank did a good job of marrying his system to the skill sets of Shane, Will, and Nino.  I highlight these guys as they're the subject of the post.  Disclaimer, I dont think Franks a bad coach.  Far from it.  But I think he's got unique system and, quite simply, it requires some unique players. It ain't for everybody.   

Your argument presumes Spradling has a skill set.

Shane and Nino just got a year better.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2013, 03:22:58 PM »
kougar, you are the worst