Author Topic: Wild Wildcats in NFL Draft  (Read 280477 times)

Offline CD

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Wildcats in 2016 NFL Draft
« Reply #1575 on: May 07, 2018, 08:28:53 AM »
Keeping the streak alive in the future

2019 draft: Risner 2nd round
Barnes (early entry) 4th round

2020 draft:
Scott Frantz 5th round
Da'Quan Patton 7th round

Nick Lenners 4th round
Mike McCoy 6th round
Hunter Rison 6th round

Josh Rivas 5th round
Chabastin Taylor 5th round
Wyatt Hubert 6th round
Ben Adler 7th round

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: May 07, 2018, 11:07:30 PM »
They aren't drafting Scott Frantz. He'll need to be the highest graded player for his position to possibly go on the third day. We'll hear the word "distraction" thrown around a lot.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: May 08, 2018, 08:14:02 AM »
He might lose out on a round or two, but I barely recall the broadcast team bringing up his preferred sexual orientation like you thought they would, so maybe pump the breaks a bit.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 08, 2018, 01:31:55 PM »
He might lose out on a round or two, but I barely recall the broadcast team bringing up his preferred sexual orientation like you thought they would, so maybe pump the breaks a bit.

It'll be 2020  by the time he goes in the draft. Progressiveness is moving at an all out blitz pace, it won't be an issue. (Probably pit worthy)

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: May 08, 2018, 01:35:58 PM »

It'll be 2020  by the time he goes in the draft. Progressiveness is moving at an all out blitz pace, it won't be an issue. (Probably pit worthy)
I agree. I was actually a bit surprised it wasn't much of a story after he came out to ESPN. This is really good news. Not even my bumpkin family gave two shits about it. #Progress

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 08, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »
Former LSU running back Derrius Guice said in an interview Wednesday that one NFL team asked about his sexuality and another inquired if his mother was a prostitute at the NFL Scouting Combine that concluded earlier this week.

‘’It was pretty crazy," Guice said in an interview on the SiriusXM NFL show Late Hits. "Some people are really trying to get in your head and test your reaction. ... I go in one room, and a team will ask me do I like men, just to see my reaction. I go in another room, they’ll try to bring up one of my family members or something and tell me, 'Hey, I heard your mom sells herself. How do you feel about that?’ "

sounds like your basic run-of-the-mill interview to me

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 08, 2018, 04:50:20 PM »
Former LSU running back Derrius Guice said in an interview Wednesday that one NFL team asked about his sexuality and another inquired if his mother was a prostitute at the NFL Scouting Combine that concluded earlier this week.

‘’It was pretty crazy," Guice said in an interview on the SiriusXM NFL show Late Hits. "Some people are really trying to get in your head and test your reaction. ... I go in one room, and a team will ask me do I like men, just to see my reaction. I go in another room, they’ll try to bring up one of my family members or something and tell me, 'Hey, I heard your mom sells herself. How do you feel about that?’ "

sounds like your basic run-of-the-mill interview to me

Pretty sure they proved this was false

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/989283844959428608

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 08, 2018, 05:59:17 PM »
if sam got drafted into a different position despite a terrible combine, frantz will be fine.  and that's what happened so, frantz will be fine

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 08, 2018, 10:55:25 PM »
I was being a bit facetious, but Michael Sam was the SEC player of the year and went in the last round.

Early projections had Sam as a third- or fourth-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. His performance in the NFL Scouting Combine in February 2014 was seen as disappointing, which lowered expectations about whether he would be taken in the draft. He was considered to be too small to play defensive end and too slow to play outside linebacker. He showed improvement at a public workout a month later, but his pre-draft rankings ranged from 12th to 25th among defensive ends. At the 2013 draft, 33 defensive ends were selected overall, with 23 taken in the final four rounds.

Not only was he taken in the 7th round but he was the last defensive end taken and the 8th from last overall player. There has been absolutely positively no progress with openly gay players in major American team sports. The three who came out are all out of their leagues and their plight didn't empower anyone else to follow suit, not even in major league soccer.

Offline CD

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 09, 2018, 05:49:39 AM »
40 YARD DASH: 4.91 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 17 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 25.5 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 114.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 7.80 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.70 SEC

Good college player, just not athletic enough to make it in the pros.
He was basically a heavier Meshak Williams.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 09, 2018, 08:09:53 AM »
I was being a bit facetious, but Michael Sam was the SEC player of the year and went in the last round.

Early projections had Sam as a third- or fourth-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. His performance in the NFL Scouting Combine in February 2014 was seen as disappointing, which lowered expectations about whether he would be taken in the draft. He was considered to be too small to play defensive end and too slow to play outside linebacker. He showed improvement at a public workout a month later, but his pre-draft rankings ranged from 12th to 25th among defensive ends. At the 2013 draft, 33 defensive ends were selected overall, with 23 taken in the final four rounds.

Not only was he taken in the 7th round but he was the last defensive end taken and the 8th from last overall player. There has been absolutely positively no progress with openly gay players in major American team sports. The three who came out are all out of their leagues and their plight didn't empower anyone else to follow suit, not even in major league soccer.

If he would have not had such a shitty combine then he probably would have gone higher. If Frantz comes out being a top 5 O-lineman then I highly doubt anyone passes on him in the draft. Teams live and die by their o-line, mediocre D-ends are a dime a dozen.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 09, 2018, 09:00:11 AM »
Sexual preference is irrelevant.

This is just dense.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 09, 2018, 09:08:06 AM »

This is just dense.

It would probably be more accurately stated - if you are a freak athlete, sexual preference is irrelevant; if you are a decent athlete, it comes up; if you could make a roster as a back up, it is front and center

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 09, 2018, 09:21:14 AM »

This is just dense.

It would probably be more accurately stated - if you are a freak athlete, sexual preference is irrelevant; if you are a decent athlete, it comes up; if you could make a roster as a back up, it is front and center

Agreed.  I think it'll be treated like an injury or any other distraction, the patience for it will be dependent on his talent. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 09, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »

If he would have not had such a shitty combine then he probably would have gone higher. If Frantz comes out being a top 5 O-lineman then I highly doubt anyone passes on him in the draft. Teams live and die by their o-line, mediocre D-ends are a dime a dozen.

Did you read the quote or nah? He had a much better pro day. Even with his bad combine he was taken way behind where he was graded. It's obvious teams didn't think he was worth the trouble. That isn't even controversial, not sure why some of you are fighting it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: May 09, 2018, 01:18:02 PM »
How many deserving openly gay players have qualified to go in the draft since then, MIR?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 09, 2018, 02:58:43 PM »
the point is that sam, regardless of his pro day or his birth day or any other day, was undersized to transition from cfb to the nfl.  sec player of the year awards don’t fix that. 

frantz has the size and speed to play in the league at his current position and also will have the benefit of time continually moving forward

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1592 on: May 09, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »

Pretty sure two different heisman finalist cats went 7th rd and undrafted respectively, probs bc bigotry
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1593 on: May 09, 2018, 08:28:35 PM »
Based on his nfl production, I'd say Sam was drafted too high
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 09, 2018, 08:42:56 PM »
All I could think about was Josh Buhl when thinking of sam.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 08:46:01 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 10, 2018, 07:49:43 AM »
until this thread honestly forgot Frantz was gay
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 10, 2018, 08:15:53 AM »
until this thread honestly forgot Frantz was gay
Yeah, the world did a great job of moving on and not giving af about it.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: July 04, 2018, 01:14:10 PM »
Per Pro Football Focus, Kansas State redshirt junior T Dalton Risner posted an overall grade of 91.3 during the 2017 season.

No returning offensive tackle graded out better than Risner last year. The 6-foot-5, 300-pounder has extensive starting experience at both center and right tackle. He earned first-team All-Big Ten recognition from a number of outlets -- including conference coaches, ESPN, Phil Steele and Pro Football Focus -- for his work at the latter position in 2017. Earlier this offseason, the Worldwide Leader's Mel Kiper Jr. ranked Risner as the No. 5 underclassman tackle prospect in the prospective 2019 draft pool.
Source: PFF College on Twitter Jul 4 - 12:44 PM

:emawkid:

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: July 04, 2018, 11:40:22 PM »
Per Pro Football Focus, Kansas State redshirt junior T Dalton Risner posted an overall grade of 91.3 during the 2017 season.

No returning offensive tackle graded out better than Risner last year. The 6-foot-5, 300-pounder has extensive starting experience at both center and right tackle. He earned first-team All-Big Ten recognition from a number of outlets -- including conference coaches, ESPN, Phil Steele and Pro Football Focus -- for his work at the latter position in 2017. Earlier this offseason, the Worldwide Leader's Mel Kiper Jr. ranked Risner as the No. 5 underclassman tackle prospect in the prospective 2019 draft pool.

Uhhh... Did we change conferences?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: July 05, 2018, 08:06:01 AM »

Uhhh... Did we change conferences?
Man, the Squawks are going to be so pissed.