Author Topic: Wild Wildcats in NFL Draft  (Read 278342 times)

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2013, 11:01:06 PM »
Klein follows Bishop's footsteps to the CFL?

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2013, 03:41:14 AM »
CFL is a pass-happy league, Klein is the opposite of what they want.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2013, 12:33:05 AM »
Klein, Arthur, Wilson, Harp and Cantele going to the combine.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2013, 12:50:47 AM »
Klein, Arthur, Wilson, Harp and Cantele going to the combine.

Good for Cantele.  I bet being a kicker around draft time sucks balls.  Even the best seldom go before like the last round.   I guess being a free agent would be kinda cool because you could sort of pick the right situation.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2013, 12:03:05 PM »
No Nigel. . .

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2013, 05:48:54 PM »

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2013, 07:30:22 PM »

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2013, 10:32:35 PM »
Yeah what the eff no Meshak?
Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2013, 06:56:55 PM »
To me, Arthur Brown is the most talented and complete linebacker in this class. In a year where the smaller, athletic linebacker is so prominently featured, Brown is easily the lead dog in the pack. He may be a tad undersized, but he plays with such violence and power that you wouldn’t know he only weighs 230 pounds. It’s very rare to see a linebacker that can run in the 4.5s, has the ability to stop and start on a dime, and has the strength to stack and shed a guard on the second level. Combine that with his high football IQ, uncanny instincts, and a leadership pedigree on the Kansas State defense, and it is hard not to compare this "small" linebacker to another great "small" player in Ray Lewis. It may be high praise, but Brown's sometimes single-handed destruction of drives against M..he is absolutely worth a first round pick.iami and Texas was a spitting image of the legendary Raven.

...he is absolutely worth a first round pick.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2013, 07:03:55 PM »
:love:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2013, 07:42:27 PM »
To me, Arthur Brown is the most talented and complete linebacker in this class. In a year where the smaller, athletic linebacker is so prominently featured, Brown is easily the lead dog in the pack. He may be a tad undersized, but he plays with such violence and power that you wouldn’t know he only weighs 230 pounds. It’s very rare to see a linebacker that can run in the 4.5s, has the ability to stop and start on a dime, and has the strength to stack and shed a guard on the second level. Combine that with his high football IQ, uncanny instincts, and a leadership pedigree on the Kansas State defense, and it is hard not to compare this "small" linebacker to another great "small" player in Ray Lewis. It may be high praise, but Brown's sometimes single-handed destruction of drives against M..he is absolutely worth a first round pick.iami and Texas was a spitting image of the legendary Raven.

who's workup is that from?  Fantastic to see his leadership being valued like that.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2013, 12:02:51 AM »

who's workup is that from?  Fantastic to see his leadership being valued like that.

I especially like the part about violence.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2013, 12:41:31 AM »

I especially like the part about violence.

I like the analysis in its entirety. Arthur should be a first-rounder.  :bill:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2013, 06:37:02 AM »

Just another 2 star diamond in the rough that all the recruiting services whiffed on that we can thank LHC Bill Snyder for coaching up into an incredible player.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2013, 10:05:36 AM »

Just another 2 star diamond in the rough that all the recruiting services whiffed on that we can thank LHC Bill Snyder for coaching up into an incredible player.
hey, alabama! How are those 5 star prima donna's treating you  :comeatme:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2013, 12:52:16 PM »

Kind of a weird talking point considering we probably have more DITRs in the league than guys who were highly recruited.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2013, 02:10:27 PM »

Just another 2 star diamond in the rough that all the recruiting services whiffed on that we can thank LHC LHC Bill Snyder for coaching up into an incredible player.

Kind of a weird talking point considering we probably have more DITRs in the league than guys who were highly recruited.

I wonder if that can be contributed to our lack of highly recruited players.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »
Kind of weird talking point, since Arthur Brown was a top 5 national recruit out of high school.  Just because Miami didn't know what they had, doesn't mean he was a DITR.  :dubious:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:26:07 PM by Katdaddy »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2013, 04:50:24 PM »
Kind of weird talking point, since Arthur Brown was a top 5 national recruit out of high school.  Just because Miami didn't know what they had, doesn't mean he was a DITR.  :dubious:

your sarcasm detector may be in need of repair
:adios:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2013, 06:54:36 PM »

your sarcasm detector may be in need of repair
Yea, I got sucked into this thread.  I should know that all or at least most of the goEMAW posters know what going on.  :embarrassed:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2013, 01:49:43 PM »

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nfl/top-50-players-heading-into-combine

I already hated Fox Sports college football coverage, but this sent me over the edge. This douche-canoe doesn't even have Arthur in the Top 50 draft prospects!! :curse:

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2013, 05:04:16 PM »
[img]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2013, 05:09:02 PM »
^^^
mods, please move to belvis noland hates block buildings thread.

TIA.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2013, 11:32:49 PM »
Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson likes Kansas State WR Chris Harper in the top 40.

Williamson's comment comes a couple of days after The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein said Harper is a target for the Houston Texans outside of the second round. Nevertheless, Harper's stock seems to be rising. He compares favorably to Anquan Boldin.

Source: Matt Williamson on Twitter