Author Topic: Bracketology 1/8/13  (Read 86395 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bracketology 1/8/13
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 09:37:02 AM »
my answer to that is to beat them, not to get mad at them, especially because its not like they cheated or were cheap in beating us.

that might be kind of challenging since it could easily before ten years before we even play them again. i say hate away if you want to. or not. it's your choice!

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2013, 09:43:22 AM »
My blood boils every time I see that goofy ginger eff  :curse:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2013, 09:43:33 AM »
I think so. I just found the pic, no idea why Cutler is on there.

I don't really hate Wisconsin and I was pulling for them last night.

i was too, but i almost always pull for the upset + don't like indiana.  also, was weird watching jimmy jackson's son.  he looks a lot like his father, and was wearing red, albeit, for the wrong b10 team.

I don't like Wisconsin's slow pace, but I appreciate how they play. I would want a little more explosive, up and down game if I was a Badger fan, but I still have an appreciation for a basketball team that exhibits a high level of BBIQ. Probably makes me a bit tuckish, but whatever.

I don't like that they ended our season twice, but my answer to that is to beat them, not to get mad at them, especially because its not like they cheated or were cheap in beating us. They made more plays and Ryan worked Frank to an extent in both games.

I know I hate them because they are good and were better than us, but that won't stop me hating them. 

Also:
:adios:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2013, 09:45:35 AM »
it's those rough ridin' Sterling basketballs!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2013, 09:54:40 AM »

i was too, but i almost always pull for the upset + don't like indiana.  also, was weird watching jimmy jackson's son.  he looks a lot like his father, and was wearing red, albeit, for the wrong b10 team.

I don't like Wisconsin's slow pace, but I appreciate how they play. I would want a little more explosive, up and down game if I was a Badger fan, but I still have an appreciation for a basketball team that exhibits a high level of BBIQ. Probably makes me a bit tuckish, but whatever.

I don't like that they ended our season twice, but my answer to that is to beat them, not to get mad at them, especially because its not like they cheated or were cheap in beating us. They made more plays and Ryan worked Frank to an extent in both games.

Bo is a great coach.  He gets it done every year in conference.  The guys that know him the best he beats the most = stud.  He schooled the crap out of Groce and our senior FPs.  Made Illinois look like a high school team.  He was all class after though, even gave Groce a little pep talk during the handshake.  I love him for owning Crean and IU. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »

I know I hate them because they are good and were better than us, but that won't stop me hating them. 

Also:

yeah. i mean if you aren't going to dislike the good teams that beat your team then what's the point? part of sports is disliking other teams and wanting to beat them. what should i do instead? hate the crummy teams kstate beat?

utah st  :chainsaw:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »
A showdown with Mr. Bread!  :excited:

Would be the best.

Committee will try as hard as possible to make it happen

I am going to be so mad when the Fighting Breads fold and mess this up.

If they don't win their next two (NW, @ Nebraska), they will quit and miss the tourney.  oscar and this KSU cats' men's hoops team would crush the Illini squad if they played today.  Plus, if anybody knows this group's weaknesses it's oscar.  Things can change in  two months time, but right now the outlook is extremely pud.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2013, 10:18:32 AM »
If they don't win their next two (NW, @ Nebraska), they will quit and miss the tourney.  oscar and this KSU cats' men's hoops team would crush the Illini squad if they played today.  Plus, if anybody knows this group's weaknesses it's oscar.  Things can change in  two months time, but right now the outlook is extremely pud.

oscar is a big part of it because he recruited the kids, so ultimately he's responsible.

But what a messed up and fragile group of players if they can buy in for a while and then lose it for two completely different coaches.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »

oscar is a big part of it because he recruited the kids, so ultimately he's responsible.

But what a messed up and fragile group of players if they can buy in for a while and then lose it for two completely different coaches.

Those guys need a player to tell the world that he won't play in the NIT.

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Joe Lunardi...
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2013, 10:25:48 AM »
Cole (Kansas)

Joe, why do you have k-state so low in the seedings. I know they are ranked but how do you have them as a 7 seed?

Joe Lunardi  (2:32 PM)

To me, the more relevant question is why the polls rank K-State so high. Nothing about their profile or performance screams Top 15-20 to me. And more than half of the wins are sub-200, great Florida victory notwithstanding.

Eff you, Joe.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2013, 10:28:04 AM »

Yeah, it's brutal to watch.  With them, it really is about just giving up.  This season is currently following precisely the same path as last season.  The first sign of sustained adversity and they quit.  It's always much tougher to generate offense in conference play, but they let it directly affect their defensive and rebounding effort as well.  "Oh man I'm not getting my points easily might as well start half-assing it on defense and the boards too." :flush:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Lunardi...
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2013, 10:28:19 AM »
KanSluke43

:dance:

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Lunardi...
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »
Well crap...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »
i modded it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »

It doesn't mean anything when they say stuff like that.  They've proven they don't back up tough talk.  Plus they didn't play in the NIT last year.  If they said it this year it would really be serving it up for everyone to mush them hard.  I mean if you tank so bad that you miss the postseason entirely, then you kept your word right?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2013, 11:01:48 AM »

It doesn't mean anything when they say stuff like that.  They've proven they don't back up tough talk.  Plus they didn't play in the NIT last year.  If they said it this year it would really be serving it up for everyone to mush them hard.  I mean if you tank so bad that you miss the postseason entirely, then you kept your word right?

Sorry Bread.   :cry:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2013, 11:56:15 AM »
If oscar beats bo ryan in the NCAA tore nament I will buy in 100%

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2013, 12:01:13 PM »

FWIW, oscar was 9-12 vs Bo at Illinois.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2013, 12:51:55 PM »

FWIW, oscar was 9-12 vs Bo at Illinois.

way better than martin's win % vs bo  :brucefistpump:

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »
Would take

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

There is a pretty good chance we would be favored until the elite 8 given that set of matchups, WHICH IS ABOUT WHAT WE SHOULD BE SINCE WE ARE THE #11 TEAM IN THE rough ridin' NATION. eff.  6 seed? CHIP PLANTED FIRMLY ON THE SHOULDER!
:adios:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2013, 11:48:24 AM »
Can't beat us at SPRINT, makes a sweet 16 automatic
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2013, 12:08:33 PM »
Last year I went to the games by myself. I could only imagine getting to go to games with my internet friends in my own backyard.  :love:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »