Author Topic: buying a house  (Read 80878 times)

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: buying a house
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »
fanning's sock doesn't realize that half of this board are lawyers

Fanning's sock's mom is a real estate agent rock star I think.  Goes to conferences and everything.

Wrong.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2013, 02:58:08 PM »
never heard of upfront mortgage insurance.  i think you didn't understand something.

Single Family Upfront Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP)
Upfront mortgage insurance premium (MIP) is required for most of the FHA's Single Family mortgage insurance programs. Lenders must remit upfront MIP within 10 calendar days of the mortgage closing or disbursement date, whichever is later (Mortgagee Letter 2005-28). This page provides links to information on the collection and processing of upfront MIP payments for all case (loan) types except a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) or Title I manufactured housing loan.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2013, 02:59:48 PM »
fanning's sock doesn't realize that half of this board are lawyers

Fanning's sock's mom is a real estate agent rock star I think.  Goes to conferences and everything.

Wrong.

Well of course.  Fanning's sock doesn't have a mother as it is a sock and ipso facto that mother does not have a career. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2013, 03:03:20 PM »
Upfront mortgage insurance premium (MIP) is required for most of the FHA's Single Family mortgage insurance programs.

well, there you go.  fha is kind of a dick, it sounds like.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »
man. skip my house hunters recommendo, you're definitely cut out for property virgins.  call rinomato asap, son.  unless williesgirl is rinomato, then just pm her.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2013, 03:06:25 PM »
Well of course.  Fanning's sock doesn't have a mother as it is a sock and ipso facto that mother does not have a career.

i think you're mistaken, mr. bread.  fanning's sock is a female.  a girl.  female.  get that through your head.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »
In that price range you probably won't be able to take advantage of the mortgage interest deduction.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2013, 03:13:40 PM »
In that price range you probably won't be able to take advantage of the mortgage interest deduction.

will depend on what other things he can itemize. I'm betting he can, especially filing single.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
Depending on the quantity of value you think you can create through the renovations, I wouldn't worry about the 20% down unless your renovations wouldn't increase the value of the home enough to cross that 20% threshold once complete.

I don't know about all loans, but my loan(non FHA) allows me to hire an appraiser after 12 months to re-eval the value of the home.  If the home is worth more, then my loan will recognize that new appraised value and adjust the % of ownership accordingly. 

Ex: I practically stole my house, but put down less than 20%. I plan to get an appraisal on it next fall as it was appraised at approx 25K more than what I bought it for and the houses for sale in the neighborhood that are comparable are asking $10-$15k above that.  So, if the neighbors aren't crazy and the last guy who did the appraisal isn't Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), I could spend $450 next fall for the appraisal, file it with the bank, and all of a sudden my % of equity will be enough to cross the 20% mark and my PMI will drop off.

All that said, PMI isn't very expensive.  Mine is like $80/mo.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2013, 03:24:57 PM »

will depend on what other things he can itemize. I'm betting he can, especially filing single.

BET NOT. He's a firefighter, so has excellent medical coverage (2nd most common big deduction?). Plus he's almost engaged. Plus buying a house solo blows his mind so I can't imagine him doing a good job handling itemization.

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »
This crap is boring let's talk moats. PM me after you buy. I drew up this sketch over my lunch break and would be willing to cut you a goEMAW deal.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2013, 03:27:50 PM »

BET NOT. He's a firefighter, so has excellent medical coverage (2nd most common big deduction?). Plus he's almost engaged. Plus buying a house solo blows his mind so I can't imagine him doing a good job handling itemization.

hmmm, student loan debt? gambling losses?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2013, 03:28:36 PM »
This crap is boring let's talk moats. PM me after you buy. I drew up this sketch over my lunch break and would be willing to cut you a goEMAW deal.

That's a horrible design and will have your house structurally deficient in no time.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2013, 03:31:09 PM »

That's a horrible design and will have your house structurally deficient in no time.

Not to mention how easy it would be for someone to use the diving board to jump into that second floor window.

Dumbest. Moat. Ever.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2013, 03:36:10 PM »

hmmm, student loan debt? gambling losses?

You get the student loan interest deduction even if you don't itemize.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2013, 03:38:02 PM »

you know me so well. do not itemize. will start after buying a house though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2013, 03:38:44 PM »

you know me so well. do not itemize. will start after buying a house though.

:thumbs:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2013, 03:39:58 PM »
i have no student loan debt, paid cash for my ksu education  :cool:

also I pay approximately 0 dollars a month on health insurance  :dance: ($5 for dental though)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2013, 03:41:39 PM »
i have no student loan debt, paid cash for my ksu education  :cool:

also I pay approximately 0 dollars a month on health insurance  :dance: ($5 for dental though)

between my wife and I we have about $100k in student loan debt. no big whoop.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2013, 03:42:31 PM »
Student loan debt is the best debt.  I was sad the day I made my last payment. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2013, 03:43:45 PM »

Not to mention how easy it would be for someone to use the diving board to jump into that second floor window.

Dumbest. Moat. Ever.

Might as well call it an outdoor urinal.  Won't be able to keep the neighborhood kids from pissing in it.  Like a goddamned piss magnet. 

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2013, 03:44:03 PM »
Student loan debt is the best debt.  I was sad the day I made my last payment.

I'm not even going to ask. you'll just make fun of me and my pud ways

The Big Train

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
If you are looking at houses and want to know what the homeowners insurance would be on that particular house, I could help with that. 

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2013, 03:49:54 PM »
If you are looking at houses and want to know what the homeowners insurance would be on that particular house, I could help with that.

so can just about every insurance website ever. or my insurance dude.

sorry guy.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2013, 03:51:31 PM »
I am surprised we are 4 pages in w/o a realtor posting.  I guess a gE realtor maybe savvy enough to use pm