Author Topic: T Gipson. Man.  (Read 15639 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: T Gipson. Man.
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2013, 07:39:07 PM »
I want Rod to play the 2 so bad. Can you imagine Angle (sorry dorks), Rod, Nino, Gip and JO? Man, we'd be undefeated.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2013, 07:41:14 PM »
I want Rod to play the 2 so bad. Can you imagine Angle (sorry dorks), Rod, Nino, Gip and JO? Man, we'd be undefeated.

Discount everything I said. Sorry to waste everyone's time.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2013, 07:42:05 PM »
Why can't Rod play 2?  Other teams use 2 small guards and it's thought he can't guard them?

catzacker

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »
I think oscar's "commitment" to his offense is overplayed by goEMAW. He implements ball screens and its been plenty effective at creating good shots since the Gonzaga game.

JMHO
we knew we would be having this conversation.

There was one reference to oscar's commitment to his offense. Before we get too off the rails with a strawman, I think zackers larger point is that we have a lot more bigs who can give productive minutes but oscar hasn't and won't play 2 of them together.

This.  The idea that "ah, eff it, I only got room for one big in my offense" is bullshit.  Especially considering JO's defensive presence. 

I actually agree that oscar is runningsome sets/action for rodney which only highlights the fact that he needs to tweak it even more to utilize JO's  (and angel's) skill set.

Or we can continue to ask Nino to play out of his ass game in and game out.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2013, 07:44:40 PM »
i think williams can be fine at the 3, but not with mcgruder at the 2.  can't play the both of them together unless one is the 4.  same with southie.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: T Gipson. Man.
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »
Why can't Rod play 2?  Other teams use 2 small guards and it's thought he can't guard them?

Defense would be okay, offense would be ugly and turnovers would double. At least.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2013, 07:46:23 PM »
I think oscar's "commitment" to his offense is overplayed by goEMAW. He implements ball screens and its been plenty effective at creating good shots since the Gonzaga game.

JMHO
we knew we would be having this conversation.

There was one reference to oscar's commitment to his offense. Before we get too off the rails with a strawman, I think zackers larger point is that we have a lot more bigs who can give productive minutes but oscar hasn't and won't play 2 of them together.

This.  The idea that "ah, eff it, I only got room for one big in my offense" is bullshit.  Especially considering JO's defensive presence. 

I actually agree that oscar is runningsome sets/action for rodney which only highlights the fact that he needs to tweak it even more to utilize JO's  (and angel's) skill set.

Or we can continue to ask Nino to play out of his ass game in and game out.

oscar isn't asking anyone to play out of his ass game in and game out, remember?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »

Defense would be okay, offense would be ugly and turnovers would double. At least.

Can Shane play 2 with Rod at 3 (semantics) and 2 real bigs at 4 & 5?

I liked having 1.5 PGs and a smaller 3 when we had Denis & Jake, but Sprads is no Jake.  I've actually heard he's Adam James.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 08:06:44 PM »

I liked having 1.5 PGs and a smaller 3 when we had Denis & Jake, but Sprads is no Jake.  I've actually heard he's Adam James.
)

I suppose its possible, but you, I, and every other K-State fan knows Sprads is going to play 30+ minutes (probably 35+) every game.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »

no.  i know it's hard to believe, but spradling is actually a better 2 than southie.  a better bball player even.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »

no.  i know it's hard to believe, but spradling is actually a better 2 than southie.  a better bball player even.

I don't believe it.

)

I suppose its possible, but you, I, and every other K-State fan knows Sprads is going to play 30+ minutes (probably 35+) every game.

Sprads' health is infringing on my happiness.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »
I don't believe it.

it is what it is.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2013, 08:25:51 PM »

Funny because Will was recruited as a 2 but Shane was recruited as a 1.  When Shane was a freshman his problem handling the ball was his crazy high dribble.  Wonder if he has improved his handle at all or if the thought of him handling the ball was completely abandoned by Frank at some point.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »

Funny because Will was recruited as a 2 but Shane was recruited as a 1.  When Shane was a freshman his problem handling the ball was his crazy high dribble.  Wonder if he has improved his handle at all or if the thought of him handling the ball was completely abandoned by Frank at some point.

"My style of play is versatile. I can play the point guard spot, the shooting guard spot or I can play small forward. I like to play a fast up tempo type of game."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »

"My style of play is versatile. I can play the point guard spot, the shooting guard spot or I can play small forward. I like to play a fast up tempo type of game."

He's perfect!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »
Since we're talking about guards now I find it funny that Will doesn't bring the ball up at all anymore, like ever.  Win for Shannon.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »

martin had a destructive love affair with tall guards.  small guards were so good to him, but he just couldn't stay away from those long sons of bitches.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:04 PM »
I have dreams that we'll run out there starting a couple of 6'4"+ guards someday. I also want them to be good.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »

martin had a destructive love affair with tall guards.  small guards were so good to him, but he just couldn't stay away from those long sons of bitches.

:lol:

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2013, 12:22:12 AM »
And damn, I love this.

Holy crap this is amazing.

We were driving back from Phoenix so I had to listen to the game. Bench Shane is wonderful

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2013, 03:21:29 AM »
This whole time I thought Foster was an SG. ESPN and Rivals have him listed as a PG. This makes me very excited.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2013, 08:15:16 AM »
This whole time I thought Foster was an SG. ESPN and Rivals have him listed as a PG. This makes me very excited.

He will play off the ball for us.  I see him and angel together after sprads, then Thomas into angels spot the next season.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »
And damn, I love this.

Holy crap this is amazing.

We were driving back from Phoenix so I had to listen to the game. Bench Shane is wonderful

Has this been tweeted to Gip and MrSouthwell?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24:12 AM »
So fantastic