Author Topic: T Gipson. Man.  (Read 15634 times)

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: T Gipson. Man.
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »
Get off our balls, guys.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2013, 12:27:16 PM »
If I could have one player from K-State's team, it would be Gipson.  McGruder's great, but Gipson fills the hole on KU's roster at the 4 position.  He's playing great right now.  Congrats, guys.

I'm taking Angel hands down.

I still think KU's weakest position is the 4 spot.  Young is a nice role player, but he isn't the kind of player who should be starting at a program like KU.  Teams are able to put more pressure on our guards, because they don't respect our low post game.  Withey isn't forcing double teams like T-Rob did last season, and it's really killing our offense. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2013, 12:37:24 PM »
810 had a guy call in this morning about this just to make them say that doherty is a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »
If I could have one player from K-State's team, it would be Gipson.  McGruder's great, but Gipson fills the hole on KU's roster at the 4 position.  He's playing great right now.  Congrats, guys.

I still think KU's weakest position is the 4 spot.  Young is a nice role player, but he isn't the kind of player who should be starting at a program like KU.  Teams are able to put more pressure on our guards, because they don't respect our low post game.  Withey isn't forcing double teams like T-Rob did last season, and it's really killing our offense.

The 4 is a weakness, but Angel brings a much needed toughness to this team.  If you have a improvement at PG, I don't think the weakness at the 4 is magnified as much.  Young and Ellis would be getting a ton more bunnies because of Angel's ability to create and distribute.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2013, 12:50:55 PM »

The 4 is a weakness, but Angel brings a much needed toughness to this team.  If you have a improvement at PG, I don't think the weakness at the 4 is magnified as much.  Young and Ellis would be getting a ton more bunnies because of Angel's ability to create and distribute.

It's the obvious answer since EJ has been playing poorly for the last month or so, but EJ was awesome last year in the NCAA tournament.  I just think he's going through a slump, and a lot of it has to do with our lack of a post game. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »
people keep saying johnson is a 2 playing a 1, when the reality is he's more of a 3 playing a 2.  regardless, this season has really taken a toll on the young bunny hopper.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2013, 01:07:56 PM »

True. I mean, it's Kevin Young.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »
And no offense to Kevin. He's a great hustle player.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »
And no offense to Kevin. He's a great hustle player.

The Janitor

"I mean, it's Kevin Young!"

Second fav Cat quote behind Jake and the Nit.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2013, 11:30:59 PM »
Gip has taken the lead as my favorite wild wildcat.  Great game big guy!

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2013, 11:37:02 PM »

Gip did just what he had to do tonight. Excellent effort, Gip!

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2013, 11:59:39 PM »
Gipson is on his way toward maximizing his potential. I hope by next year that he is able to not be a detriment in games vs tall dudes. But, will take dominating performance against dudes about his size until that point in time.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2013, 09:04:24 PM »
Gipson is on his way toward maximizing his potential. I hope by next year that he is able to not be a detriment in games vs tall dudes. But, will take dominating performance against dudes about his size until that point in time.
Ya, once he can hold his own against tall guys he will be great
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »
Big Gip ave 10.9 pts in last 9 games, while shooting 61% FG and 75% from the FT

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »
Big Gip ave 10.9 pts in last 9 games, while shooting 61% FG and 75% from the FT

oscar is DEVELOPING a monster!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2013, 08:49:55 PM »
"I feel a lot lighter than last year in losing 30-35 pounds," Gipson said. "It helps and I'm proud of that. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but if I get the ball, it's either a foul or a point. I don't pay attention to (notoriety), I just get the job done."

:love:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2013, 12:53:39 AM »
"I feel a lot lighter than last year in losing 30-35 pounds," Gipson said. "It helps and I'm proud of that. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but if I get the ball, it's either a foul or a point. I don't pay attention to (notoriety), I just get the job done."

If his drop in weight results in a marginal increase in quickness, then I could see him being a serviceable defender this year. He showed last year that he can put it in the hoop, now he just needs to not be a liability on the defensive end  :crossfingers:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2013, 08:49:08 AM »

God I love Gip

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2013, 09:24:14 PM »
Saw him in Aggieville last weekend. Looked pretty thin but was still strong enough to fend off the swarm of groupies at Rusty's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2013, 11:29:40 PM »
Saw him in Aggieville last weekend. Looked pretty thin but was still strong enough to fend off the swarm of groupies at Rusty's.
Did Timhawk ever tell you the story when he mouthed off to him 5 blocks away in Aggieville, bragged about it, and lived to tell the tale? He screamed "rock chalk!" And drove off like a pussy. Sorry to ruin the story for you.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:33:37 PM by WackySquawk08 »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2013, 01:10:55 AM »
Did Timhawk ever tell you the story when he mouthed off to him 5 blocks away in Aggieville, bragged about it, and lived to tell the tale? He screamed "rock chalk!" And drove off like a pussy. Sorry to ruin the story for you.

This thread just got better.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2013, 05:19:49 AM »

saw him and two other players last night.  lots of groupies at the booth.  at one quiet moment gip looks at one of the girls and says really loud "ey, you like black guys?"  everyone in the bar cracked up  :D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2013, 08:58:23 AM »

saw him and two other players last night.  lots of groupies at the booth.  at one quiet moment gip looks at one of the girls and says really loud "ey, you like black guys?"  everyone in the bar cracked up  :D

Gip is the rough ridin' best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2013, 09:03:12 AM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2013, 09:47:49 AM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles