Author Topic: Flu  (Read 21629 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Flu
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2012, 10:23:23 AM »
There is a huge epidemic of whooping cough right now because dumbasses went anti-vaccine. What those selfish dicks don't realize (or care about) is that they will survive whooping cough or the flu just fine but some kid in chemo is going to die because they like the Ace Ventura guy.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Flu
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 10:28:25 AM »
Some badass pediatricians refuse to see babies whose parents are dumbasses against vaccinations.  Kudos to those doctors

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 11:17:48 AM »
The Christmas flu has now claimed a fiff victim.  Sent a squawk back to larryville to miss out on x-mas, downed a Des Moineser where she lay, slayed my wife before she rose again and I am fully recovered.  Only the heir declared the bug pud and carried on sticking every germ covered dog toy, pacifier and piece of carpet in to his gullet.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2012, 11:27:13 AM »
There is something special about this child.  Even more special than being the offspring of KK

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Flu
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 11:31:50 AM »
There is something special about this child.  Even more special than being the offspring of KK

Yes, stud

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2012, 11:32:08 AM »
He stays humble.  I read him that and he promptly fell over and hit his head on the coffee table.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »
getting a cold. nieces and nephews do it every time. :dubious:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »
saying that you aren't going to get a flu shot because you never get sick is like saying that you're never going to wear a seat belt because you've never been in an accident. i swear i wonder how some of you are even able to figure out how to make usernames and post here with some of the logic that you display once you do. it's baffling.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 02:37:42 PM »
Do it for the kids.

Also, if you have sick kids do not call your brother-in-law and ask permission take them to the family gathering.  That is a bullshit question to ask someone with a newborn.   :flush: I told my respect sister-in-law that I would rather they didn't come but they did anyway.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 04:24:46 PM »
I got a flu shot and had this weird 24 hour thing where I could only get out of bed to crap straight water every couple of hours or so. I had Christmas ham in my stomach that wasn't digesting at all. I didn't even roll over because it unsettled my stomach and made me feel like death was in my digestive tract. It probably wasn't the flu, but what was it????

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »
I got a flu shot and had this weird 24 hour thing where I could only get out of bed to crap straight water every couple of hours or so. I had Christmas ham in my stomach that wasn't digesting at all. I didn't even roll over because it unsettled my stomach and made me feel like death was in my digestive tract. It probably wasn't the flu, but what was it????

Your period?  :dunno:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 06:01:49 PM »
saying that you aren't going to get a flu shot because you never get sick is like saying that you're never going to wear a seat belt because you've never been in an accident. i swear i wonder how some of you are even able to figure out how to make usernames and post here with some of the logic that you display once you do. it's baffling.

I usually just play the odds that I won't come into contact with the type of flu that is in the shot anyway.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 06:56:37 PM »

Flu shot is for the influenza virus that causes coughing, sneezing, and fever.  If you were shitting water then you either had a rotavirus or norovirus, both of which cause the condition of gastroenteritis, which presents the symptoms of vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pain.  Those viruses causing stomach problems are the "stomach flu".   
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Flu
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »

Flu shot is for the influenza virus that causes coughing, sneezing, and fever.  If you were shitting water then you either had a rotavirus or norovirus, both of which cause the condition of gastroenteritis, which presents the symptoms of vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pain.  Those viruses causing stomach problems are the "stomach flu".   

Why the eff didn't my flu shot take care of those, too? It was the sickest I've been in like five years.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Flu
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 08:05:05 PM »
a "stomach flu" vaccine is a good million dollar idea

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2012, 08:08:02 PM »

Don't think it is possible.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2012, 08:42:26 PM »

Did a little research.  There are a few types of rotavirus.  This is what little kids usually get.  Anyone can get it, but once you get it you usually build up an immunity so you don't get it again, or when you get it again the symptoms are greatly reduced.  It's mostly confined to kids because most get it when they are little.  If you've had a kid get it, you'd wish you could have given them a vaccine.  If it's something that you get once then build an immunity, I would think there would be a way to create a vaccine.  I've seen my cousin's kids get it.  If I ever have kids, I'd pay $1,000 per kid for a vaccine not to have to go through that. 

I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2012, 10:01:15 PM »
Got the same exact thing (24 hr stomach flu) last christmas.  Literally hit me when I had my christmas eve dinner plate in front of me, all of a sudden had to run to the bathroom and yak.  Spent all of christmas puking and shitting. Now my family has the same thing this year...  :ohno:

Better not hit me before monday (phoenix bound)

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2012, 10:03:26 PM »
Is binging a good counterattack to this plague? Because I'm pretty good at that and have been at it for the past few days .

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »

I usually just play the odds that I won't come into contact with the type of flu that is in the shot anyway.

Is this guy for real?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 09:47:25 AM »

Neither is the flu shot. That's why they never work.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Flu
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 12:36:03 PM »
I imagine more people my age die in the USA from not wearing a seatbelt than from the flu.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
He stays humble.  I read him that and he promptly fell over and hit his head on the coffee table.

:lol:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 01:47:25 PM »

I got this once a few years ago.  I was getting ready to head to the gym to get buff and within maybe ten minutes I was on my couch shivering and achy and then I barfed what I had just eaten to fuel my gym session and then I started basically pissing out my butt and none of my food would digest at all if I managed to eat.  It lasted less than two days in earnest.  It was rough ridin' mind-blowing.  The sudden onset and severity were really something.  Shooting water out your butt is a very strange sensation.  Pssshhh!!
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2012, 01:51:17 PM »

I got this once a few years ago.  I was getting ready to head to the gym to get buff and within maybe ten minutes I was on my couch shivering and achy and then I barfed what I had just eaten to fuel my gym session and then I started basically pissing out my butt and none of my food would digest at all if I managed to eat.  It lasted less than two days in earnest.  It was rough ridin' mind-blowing.  The sudden onset and severity were really something.  Shooting water out your butt is a very strange sensation.  Pssshhh!!

Average day in the life of BF.