Author Topic: Matt Doherty  (Read 25132 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Doherty
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 10:47:06 AM »
FWIW, I think Matt Doughehheherety was someone Gottlieb mentioned as a person he would consider as an assistant were he hired at K-State, right? I'm thinking of that 810 interview a day or two before it all came crashing down and we were given oscar Fracking Weber.

Man, I was so jacked after that interview. Literally stopped driving and just listened to Gottlieb hit a home run on every question...

"But can you recruit?"
"My Dad was a coach for X number of years, my brother runs one of the biggest recruiting services in california, I know some people"

Yeah, I think this was the last time I fistpumped with regard to KSU BB.  :sad:

catzacker

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:13 AM »
The only guy I remember doug mentioning by name was the tulsa coach that got fired.

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 11:00:48 AM »
FWIW, I think Matt Doughehheherety was someone Gottlieb mentioned as a person he would consider as an assistant were he hired at K-State, right? I'm thinking of that 810 interview a day or two before it all came crashing down and we were given oscar Fracking Weber.

Man, I was so jacked after that interview. Literally stopped driving and just listened to Gottlieb hit a home run on every question...

"But can you recruit?"
"My Dad was a coach for X number of years, my brother runs one of the biggest recruiting services in california, I know some people"

Yeah, I think this was the last time I fistpumped with regard to KSU BB.  :sad:

Who knew I was only days away from having my basketball EMAW crushed!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 11:06:30 AM »
The only guy I remember doug mentioning by name was the tulsa coach that got fired.

Yeah, he really couldn't name guys that were employed.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »
This makes me hate oscar Weber even more.  Is that possible?  Yep.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »
So Matt Doherty obviously must think that Frank Martin is an even better coach than oscar Weber, right?  I mean how did Frank win with such crap talent?   :jerk:

I mean, Doherty is basically doing KU a favor here....build every excuse to keep Bill Self's bitch at Kansas State.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2012, 11:22:42 AM »
So Matt Doherty obviously must think that Frank Martin is an even better coach than oscar Weber, right?  I mean how did Frank win with such crap talent?   :jerk:

I mean, Doherty is basically doing KU a favor here....build every excuse to keep Bill Self's bitch at Kansas State.

St. John asked him that same frank question, setting up a "great coach" response.  What he got was "well, I don't remember who they graduated, but they were some scorers."  So, no.  In one sentence he managed to prove himself Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) or ignorant as well as backing oscar and inferring Frank sucks.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2012, 11:23:33 AM »
blair kerkoff thinks we're garbage

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »

St. John asked him that same frank question, setting up a "great coach" response.  What he got was "well, I don't remember who they graduated, but they were some scorers."  So, no.  In one sentence he managed to prove himself Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) or ignorant as well as backing oscar and inferring Frank sucks.

When given an opportunity, Doherty had nothing positive to say about Frank.
He couldn’t stop gushing about Weber, it was sickening.
His credibility was not very good; apparently we have a player named Shannon Spradling.

The more I think about it, “Shannon” is a great name.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »

His credibility was not very good; apparently we have a player named Shannon Spradling.

Sharon

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »

Sharon
Sharon Shannon it all works! :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2012, 11:33:22 AM »

wtf? did he really call him shannon spradling? because spradling's dad is named shannon. just what the hell is going on here?

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
Doherty's a  :opcat: pendejo. 'Cuz, you know, Jamar was a super-scorer from that underground railroad out of DC!

How long until we can have good basketball again? I feel so bad for Rodney & JO. :cry:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
wow, is this podcasted yet? eff that guy.

It is:

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=26&c=374&f=909341

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »

wtf? did he really call him shannon spradling? because spradling's dad is named shannon. just what the hell is going on here?

Welp, I guess we know who Doherty sat next to at practice and why he has the opinion that he does of our team and coaching debacle.

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2012, 11:39:17 AM »

Welp, I guess we know who Doherty sat next to at practice and why he has the opinion that he does of our team and coaching debacle.
That explains alot about that interview!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »

seriously though. wtf is going on? i mean, why not just hire will's dad. it's pretty obvious he has just as much say in the program as anyone over the past couple of years. just let him coach the freaking team.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »
Shannon spradling is too big to be our coach.  I mean, he is a shot caller.  What is the position above AD?  Seems to be the level of power that he likes to exercise.

In all seriousness, the absolute best thing that could have ever happened to EMAW bb is if Will transferred and we were rid of him and his dad.  Worst FP,TC in a long time. Even if we still got rid of Frank, getting rid of our stage 4 Spradling would have been a good move.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »

It is:

Yes, listen to this if you can. It's the very last 5-10 minutes of the interview. You could tell that St. John was dumbfounded during that part of the interview and then he and Jake were both nearly speechless afterwards.

I haven't heard someone make as big a fool of himself on the radio in quite a while.

SSJ: what about K-State?
MD: No talent.
SSJ: Err, what?
MD:  No talent. I went and watched a practice and there's no one on that team that would start for KU.
SSJ:  To be fair, not many Big 12 teams have players that would start for KU. But McGruder is returning All Big 12.
MD:  McGruder sucks. Can't shoot the 3 (!?!?!?), can't create his own shot. Shannon Spradling is okay. oscar Weber is a great coach and he's done a great (!?!?!?) job with this team so far.
[About this time was when I realized MD is sticking up for another member of the failed head coach fraternity.]
SSJ: Well, what does that say about the job Frank Martin was able to do with these players last year, getting 10 wins and winning in the tourney?
MD:  Well, I don't remember exactly, but they lost a lot of scoring from last year. oscar is doing a great job with what's there, but there's just not much there.
SSJ:  Okkkkkkkkaaaaayyyyy, well, thanks for your time.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 11:55:57 AM »

It is:

K-State talk starts at the 13:00 mark.  Matt Doherty - Rod sucks. "Shannon" Spradling is a nice guard.  :facepalm:

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2012, 11:56:51 AM »
...and Frank lost some scorers from last year. 

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2012, 11:58:15 AM »
 :chainsaw:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2012, 12:08:06 PM »
MD, on where KSU might finish in the Big 12: They could even finish in the top 3rd.

Dumbass doesn't even know that there are only 10 teams in the conference.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2012, 12:14:41 PM »
He's simply full of crap.  There's no way he has watched a complete KSU game this year.  I'll bet he just looked at the record ("Only two losses!"). 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2012, 12:16:04 PM »
That was propaganda.  Pure and simple.  Unreal.