Author Topic: we had _____ and gave it away  (Read 17086 times)

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: we had _____ and gave it away
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2012, 01:21:26 PM »
Morbid curiosity, if you had to choose just one of these two choices, which is the biggest reason why these things listed in this thread are gone: because Frank is gone, or because oscar is here?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »
Because oscar is here.
:adios:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »
Hey crap, I asked this in another thread, but any idea as to where the official K-StateHD video of the Big XII Championship trophy presentation resides?  Will it be issued on a dvd?  I can't find it but assuming that it exists.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »
I'll go with oscar being here.  I think you could have plugged a shitload of coaches into this returning team and still maintained a level of excitement, or at least a good product where there was some reason for hope.  We have neither now

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2012, 01:26:38 PM »
oscar  :facepalm:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »
Hey crap, I asked this in another thread, but any idea as to where the official K-StateHD video of the Big XII Championship trophy presentation resides?  Will it be issued on a dvd?  I can't find it but assuming that it exists.

No idea. You could contact someone in the Ath Dept and ask them, they might know. My guess is its included in a longer highlight tape thats online already.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »
Morbid curiosity, if you had to choose just one of these two choices, which is the biggest reason why these things listed in this thread are gone: because Frank is gone, or because oscar is here?

I think you've read my posts enough that I'm less reactionary than most. I understand giving coaches time, but you've got to see the softness that this team plays with and the complete inability to generate much scoring in the half court offense. Could it get better? Yes, but its hard to believe that after watching our two games against really good opponents.

I can only put that on oscar right now. If somehow it turns around, I will give him due credit, but while things look bleak I'll also give him credit for that. That's part of the job, especially when you are making nearly $2 Mil per to coach basketball.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2012, 01:32:57 PM »
lost nearly all my interest in kansas state basketball the moment oscar weber was hired.

i'd be interested in currie's true feelings at the current situation.  any indications around the office CC?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »

oscar.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »

THE ANSWER IS oscar

No idea. You could contact someone in the Ath Dept and ask them, they might know. My guess is its included in a longer highlight tape thats online already.

Maybe the athletic department purchased the rockhouse film and it will be on the dvd and thats why it was taken down  :ksu:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »
oscar. 

I'm still on the fence about Frank leaving, probably won't ever have all the details to be sure on an opinion one way or the other.

But I saw this as an opportunity to take things to the next level.  Maybe I was naive to think that was possible?  :dunno:  Seems like a returning team laden with talent and a shiny new BTF would have made a splash hire possible. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »
but College of Charleston was breathing down our necks

we had to move decisively

also i am afraid we might as well delete this  :bball: :embarrassed:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2012, 02:36:50 PM »
oscar. 

I'm still on the fence about Frank leaving, probably won't ever have all the details to be sure on an opinion one way or the other.

But I saw this as an opportunity to take things to the next level.  Maybe I was naive to think that was possible?  :dunno:  Seems like a returning team laden with talent and a shiny new BTF would have made a splash hire possible.

Yes. Hiring a failed coach from a program that was a slightly better job than ours was the absolute worst choice Currie could've made. Underwood, Boyle, hell maybe even Henson would've been received better by dedicated non-tuck basketcat fans. Thing is, we shouldn't have even had to settle for those candidates. Frank and Hugs built this program to a state where the "we're just little ol' kstate, we can't hire anyone good" meme should've been proved unequivocally false. Currie doubled down on it. That's why giving oscar a chance will be a non-starter with so many here, myself included.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »

We now play shitty basketball with the tenacity of 8th grade girls.  We made the decision to hire a coach who oversaw the exact same thing for the past 6 years at Illinois. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »
I fell in love with K-State basketball during the 70’s and 80’s. I watched K-State play a lot of average to mediocre basketball from 1990 until Bob Huggins was hired in a very bold move. He showed what K-State could be again. I was extremely optimistic about K-State hiring a coach to follow up what Huggs and Frank rebuilt at K-State. I felt that all of the pieces were there when Frank left, but I lost all passion about basketball when oscar was hired.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »
Frank being gone wasn't necessarily the end of the world, but with basketball in as good of shape as it had been in a long time, we wasted an opportunity to move forward.

We had an opportunity and gave it away

And CC, I know that we are probably over reactionary, but the crowds in Bram can confirm that we are not in the minority. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2012, 04:51:54 PM »
I think losing Frank has more to do with all those things being gone than hurting oscar. Everyone Currie could/would have hired would have lost all the momentum, too.

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »
I think losing Frank has more to do with all those things being gone than hurting oscar. Everyone Currie could/would have hired would have lost all the momentum, too.
Yeah, I think CC's choices should be A) Frank being gone, B) Anyone who Currie would have hired being here.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »

Just to be clear, are you saying that nobody else who would consider K-State would have performed any better than this, or are you saying that Currie is just too bad at his job to hire somebody who would be better?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2012, 05:02:45 PM »
Currie could've realistically hired some young, up and coming assistant with recruiting ties and kept some momentum.  You probably would lose some with Frank leaving anyways, but we hired this guy

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: we had _____ and gave it away
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »

Just to be clear, are you saying that nobody else who would consider K-State would have performed any better than this, or are you saying that Currie is just too bad at his job to hire somebody who would be better?

Currie is too bad at his job. But really, his failure to retain Frank is far, far worse than his failure to hire a coach that could maintain momentum.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »
Self-respect.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2012, 06:15:01 PM »
Self-respect.

lol, like we had that before

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2012, 06:41:16 PM »
whatever the opposite of pity is

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2012, 06:51:08 PM »
Really it's a combination of both.

Currie decided to create a PR disaster with the Jamar witch hunt (complete with a made up story about receipts in trash cans...jesus christ) and subsequently tossing Frank under the bus. I mean, remember how awful that week was for Cat fans? rough ridin' awful.

Then, Currie takes three days in a hotel and a consulting firm to hire oscar rough ridin' Weber...

If that isn't a recipe for apathy, then IDK what is