Author Topic: since whitlock called the nra racist...  (Read 7372 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: since whitlock called the nra racist...
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2015, 06:52:56 PM »
There are demographics for gun owners if you want to look at that. Not too shocking.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2015, 06:55:58 PM »
everyone shut up and appreciate chum1's post.  nailed it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2015, 08:03:19 PM »
There are demographics for gun owners if you want to look at that. Not too shocking.

Would the responses have been different if the question was phrased, "Do you have a gun"?

:dunno:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
I don't think the statement was bad because he was saying something about Obama or Hillary. I think it was bad because it looks an awful lot like he was saying something about any black or woman president.

Only if you're stupid and looking for a grievance. He wasn't criticizing race or gender per se - he was criticizing "The FIRST" derangement syndrome, which causes its victims to abandon all reason and simply vote for the sake of "The FIRST." How is that not apparent?

Did I "nail it" seven?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2015, 09:17:30 PM »
no, as dax would say "you're flailing, and it's . . .  sad

really"

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2015, 09:48:08 PM »
I don't think the statement was bad because he was saying something about Obama or Hillary. I think it was bad because it looks an awful lot like he was saying something about any black or woman president.

Only if you're stupid and looking for a grievance. He wasn't criticizing race or gender per se - he was criticizing "The FIRST" derangement syndrome, which causes its victims to abandon all reason and simply vote for the sake of "The FIRST." How is that not apparent?

That's one interpretation. There are others, equally plausible. But you know how at your job they tell you that you can get fired for sexual harassment or the even the mere appearance of sexual harassment? Appearances matter. And his statement was bad because, to many, it makes him look like a sexist, racist eff (that, let's be honest, he probably is).

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2015, 10:37:05 PM »

That's one interpretation. There are others, equally plausible.

No, there aren't. There's the correct interpretation based on logic and common sense, and then there's stupid grievance mongering. But no point in arguing it further. People will choose to misinterpret him if that fits their preconception and desire for a grievance.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2015, 10:39:37 PM »
Can a bought and paid for automaton be a racist, sexist eff?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2015, 10:42:35 PM »
"40-odd demographically-similar presidents is enough" might result in someone being accused as a racist or sexist

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2015, 10:43:51 PM »
Can a bought and paid for automaton be a racist, sexist eff?
they'll fight tooth and nail to defend this lobbyist guy

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2015, 11:15:43 PM »

That's one interpretation. There are others, equally plausible.

No, there aren't.

Here's another: demographically symbolic means that each demographic gets its turn, regardless of whether it's their first time or not. Of the two, this could be even more plausible because the guy didn't say anything about the notion of a first. Nevertheless, the appearance is what I said was bad, and that has almost nothing to do with plausible interpretaitions.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2015, 11:47:43 PM »
If Cruz or Rubio win, will it be because they are Hispanic?

Apples to oranges. The people that will vote for them have different requirements for a president than those that voted for Obama.

this essentially reads as "niggers are stupid"

Why do you guys make the choice to sound like racists instead of acknowledging that lots of people didn't want Obama to be president because he's black. When you can't acknowledge that FACT it makes me think you're in denial because you don't want to view your choice through those glasses.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2015, 11:50:13 PM »
mir, the politically correct term now is "low information voter"

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2015, 12:51:48 AM »

Apples to oranges. The people that will vote for them have different requirements for a president than those that voted for Obama.

Why do you guys make the choice to sound like racists instead of acknowledging that lots of people didn't want Obama to be president because he's black. When you can't acknowledge that FACT it makes me think you're in denial because you don't want to view your choice through those glasses.

It is a commentary on liberal voters versus conservative voters. I would have made the same comment if he had used Cain and Rice.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2015, 07:55:46 AM »

First, whether or not people decided not to vote for Obama based on his race does not change the fact that many people did just the opposite, which was a big factor in beating out Hillary in 2008 and his road to the WH. That's all that Wayne was talking about.

Second, you appear to be saying that there are a bunch of racist Dems who would have voted Dem but stayed home or went against obama because he was black. Interesting admission.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2015, 07:56:52 AM »

It is a commentary on liberal voters versus conservative voters. I would have made the same comment if he had used Cain and Rice.

They'll take any comment touching on race and make it racist. Pathetic and predictable.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2015, 08:03:50 AM »
Maybe don't constantly say racist things and people will start to give you the benefit of the doubt

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2015, 09:09:14 AM »
The fact that we have to hunt this hard for racism and sexist, means we probably live in the most tolerant society in the history of earth. We'll done, American friends, well done.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2015, 04:00:44 PM »
When do you guys think the first gun will be elected president?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2015, 04:07:51 PM »
When do you guys think the first gun will be elected president?

Andrew Jackson was elected in 1829.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
Why not Hillary? Because she's a woman.

This is the mentality Wayne was criticizing, as I said. It was not in any way racist.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2015, 06:50:20 PM »
Wonder if ksuw would be bold enough to condemn wayne for saying he wouldn't vote for a woman or non-white. My guess is he won't

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2015, 11:23:05 PM »
Wonder if ksuw would be bold enough to condemn wayne for saying he wouldn't vote for a woman or non-white. My guess is he won't

What? He didn't say that.