Author Topic: since whitlock called the nra racist...  (Read 7380 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: since whitlock called the nra racist...
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 11:40:14 AM »
Was that a racist thing to say? I mean, I don't think it's racist to say that Obama will probably be remembered for being the first black president and little else (at least in terms of favorable things - Obamacare's going to keep rough ridin' us over for a very long time).

But I won't know for sure until I get a ruling from MIR.

Yes, it was racist and misogynistic, given the context.

Please explain. Do you mean simply the context of this being the NRA, or something else?

When you say "Eight years of a demographically symbolic president is enough" you imply that the only reason people voted for Obama is because he is black and that the only reason people would vote for Hillary is because she is a woman.

Judging from turnout among demographics, that is the only reason a lot of people voted for Obama, and I think it's safe to say that it was at least a reason for many others. Feel free to disagree, but I think you're delusional if you do. I would agree that voting for someone based on their race is racist, but I don't think pointing that out is racist.

I also don't think it's a stretch to assume the same will be true for Hillary. She'll get at least some bump in turnout from young and female voters who otherwise wouldn't vote based simply on the opportunity to elect "THE FIRST" (though I think this won't be as strong as Obama's edge).

How do the "he only won because he's" black people square the fact that there have been other mainstream black candidates that all did poorly, including one in the last election?

Also why do these same people just disregard the amount of people who absolutely didn't vote for him because he's black?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 11:45:53 AM »
I also need to know why Wayne Lapierre and the NRA hate Obama so much and insist he's such a threat to their second amendment rights? There are more guns in the hands of American citizens than there ever have been. Additionally he and his administration have done absolutely nothing policy wise to hamper gun ownership in this country. His gun control record is abhorrent and the NRA should shut the eff up instead of calling people's attention to this stuff because it's going to become a bigger deal that he's done nothing. He gave two, speeches/statements; one after the Tuscon shooting and one after Sandy Hook, and has done crap else. What the hell do these wackos want?

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »
Was that a racist thing to say? I mean, I don't think it's racist to say that Obama will probably be remembered for being the first black president and little else (at least in terms of favorable things - Obamacare's going to keep rough ridin' us over for a very long time).

But I won't know for sure until I get a ruling from MIR.

Yes, it was racist and misogynistic, given the context.

Please explain. Do you mean simply the context of this being the NRA, or something else?

When you say "Eight years of a demographically symbolic president is enough" you imply that the only reason people voted for Obama is because he is black and that the only reason people would vote for Hillary is because she is a woman.

Judging from turnout among demographics, that is the only reason a lot of people voted for Obama, and I think it's safe to say that it was at least a reason for many others. Feel free to disagree, but I think you're delusional if you do. I would agree that voting for someone based on their race is racist, but I don't think pointing that out is racist.

I also don't think it's a stretch to assume the same will be true for Hillary. She'll get at least some bump in turnout from young and female voters who otherwise wouldn't vote based simply on the opportunity to elect "THE FIRST" (though I think this won't be as strong as Obama's edge).

How do the "he only won because he's" black people square the fact that there have been other mainstream black candidates that all did poorly, including one in the last election?

Also why do these same people just disregard the amount of people who absolutely didn't vote for him because he's black?

Obama was picked, then protected, by the media. They could have destroyed him by simply asking questions. They did destroy Hillary.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »
Media  :curse:

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 12:34:41 PM »
Exactly!  :curse:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 01:11:44 PM »
guys what if john dougie is really a liberal media plant acting as an outsider perhaps the liberal media machine has become self-aware quick to the ayn rand bunker before it's too late

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2015, 02:16:14 PM »
Maybe it's, in part, because of how virulent the media was towards W, but b.o. has to be the most babied and least confronted president in any of our lifetimes. The stuff that W did that had the media calling him a traitor is a fraction of what this lunatic does, not to mention his wholly undemocratic viewpoint of law, regulation and policy.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 02:25:55 PM »
Yeah, I'm still not seeing the controversy over Wayne's opinion. Seems like a valid opinion. Race, gender, and the cult of personality are extremely important to libtard voters, outweighing experience or qualifications. Let's try this a different way - anybody here want to seriously suggest that Barack Obama would have defeated Hillary Clinton in the 2008 primary if he wasn't black?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 02:39:29 PM »
He basically said "we tried a black, do you really want to try a woman?", if you don't think that's offensive then that's telling.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 02:50:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm still not seeing the controversy over Wayne's opinion. Seems like a valid opinion. Race, gender, and the cult of personality are extremely important to libtard voters, outweighing experience or qualifications. Let's try this a different way - anybody here want to seriously suggest that Barack Obama would have defeated Hillary Clinton in the 2008 primary if he wasn't black?
:Lurk:

That's a good point. White men never win the democratic primary. No way Obama does if he's not black.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:19:54 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2015, 02:53:19 PM »
He basically said "we tried a black, do you really want to try a woman?", if you don't think that's offensive then that's telling.

No he didn't. He said "we voted for somebody because he's black (well, not us, but the libtards), do you really want to vote for someone because she's a woman?"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 02:54:51 PM »

That's a good point. White men never wen the democratic primary. No way Obama does if he's not black.

Nice dodge. You're really going to pretend Obama's race wan't a big reason he beat Hillary. You're really going to do it. Ok then. :whistle1:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2015, 02:57:23 PM »
If Cruz or Rubio win, will it be because they are Hispanic?

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2015, 03:42:45 PM »

That's a good point. White men never wen the democratic primary. No way Obama does if he's not black.

Nice dodge. You're really going to pretend Obama's race wan't a big reason he beat Hillary. You're really going to do it. Ok then. :whistle1:

Obama was way more hurt by his race than helped by his race. He basically said president's should only be white male's unless said women don't know where Russia is, then you can vote for her.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »

Apples to oranges. The people that will vote for them have different requirements for a president than those that voted for Obama.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2015, 04:08:12 PM »
Oh, ok. :lol:

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »
 :Take the Bait:

Apples to oranges. The people that will vote for them have different requirements for a president than those that voted for Obama.

And this is what racism looks like.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2015, 05:19:22 PM »
the nra should release demographic info to help prove how tolerant and unracist it is.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2015, 05:33:18 PM »
the nra should release demographic info to help prove how tolerant and unracist it is.

Pretty sure anybody can be a member.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2015, 06:17:20 PM »

ok, it would be funny to see the nra's demos.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2015, 06:27:58 PM »
I don't think the statement was bad because he was saying something about Obama or Hillary. I think it was bad because it looks an awful lot like he was saying something about any black or woman president.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2015, 06:44:29 PM »

ok, it would be funny to see the nra's demos.

I doubt they ask, or care, about that information when you join.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2015, 06:46:15 PM »
everyone knows ginormous non-profit's generally do not care about the demographics of their members and donors.