Author Topic: Discuss your anger with the animals tweets  (Read 17277 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Remember when we used to not get embarrassed by top tier teams?
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »
BTW it was a hope for a low point, not a prediction.  I hope we never lose again, I don't think that merits a lecture on what college basketball is.

but I'm convinced that this will be the low point this season

Sure.

Jesus, Weber & Zook have beaten hope out of these people to the point that they don't even know what hope is.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »
I remember Duke stomping our ass

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 01:13:33 PM »
BTW it was a hope for a low point, not a prediction.  I hope we never lose again, I don't think that merits a lecture on what college basketball is.

Sure.

Jesus, Weber & Zook have beaten hope out of these people to the point that they don't even know what hope is.

I think his point is that yesterday you were quoted as saying that you were convinced that the Michigan would be the low point of the season. Today you said you hoped it would be.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 01:26:57 PM »

Sure.

I think his point is that yesterday you were quoted as saying that you were convinced that the Michigan would be the low point of the season. Today you said you hoped it would be.

To me its one and the same.  How's this.  We will not look that soft again this season.  That's definitive, and some clarity.  Doesn't have anything to do with oscar.  I hope the guys see the video and feel embarrassed and pissed off.  Hope I'm right.  A prediction & a hope.

tucks in k-state football schedule tshirt from 2001

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »

Sure.

To me its one and the same.  How's this.  We will not look that soft again this season.  That's definitive, and some clarity.  Doesn't have anything to do with oscar.  I hope the guys see the video and feel embarrassed and pissed off.  Hope I'm right.  A prediction & a hope.

tucks in k-state football schedule tshirt from 2001

I guess we both missed that your comment was solely in regards to K-State's toughness.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 03:10:49 PM »
Did you guys think I was saying that K-State wouldn't lose again?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »

I thought you were saying exactly what you typed:

I'm convinced that this will be the low point this season.

Which is why I asked the question in the first place.  It's okay to say you didn't mean that rather than trying to argue your way out of it.  It looks worse doing what you're doing. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
Jacob was tough, and no one stepped up into his role last season. We don't have a guy who's willing to just say "eff it" and go off for 10 straight.
I think Rod could be that guy, but if he were going to be it would've happened last season. Granted he is able and sometimes does go on hot streaks, he doesn't have that killer instinct.
We're going to get better, Michigan is pretty good.

Besides we get rolled once a year by KU, how is a early season tourney loss far from home to a quality team more embarrassing than getting whipped by KU at least once a year?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, 02:08:13 PM »

I thought you were saying exactly what you typed:

I'm convinced that this will be the low point this season.

Which is why I asked the question in the first place.  It's okay to say you didn't mean that rather than trying to argue your way out of it.  It looks worse doing what you're doing.

Either that or it was a low point that we looked embarrassingly soft in a loss.  We legitimately haven't looked soft in over a decade.  Woolridge's teams weren't skilled but they weren't soft either.  It's cool though keep pretending you know what I meant, despite what I told you, if it makes you feel better.  You being a know it all prick is good for the board, it won't chase me off like it did Underdog Wildcat though, I like it.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012, 02:51:15 PM »
The game seemed similar to the NCAA game against 'Cuse last year.  The ebbs and flows were a little different, but it was pretty much the same thing.  K-State is a decent team that will need to play extremely well to match top-tier squads. 

I wish Rod was playing better, and he and oscar will have to figure each other out if the Cats are to be successful.  I think they will.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2012, 08:49:01 PM »
I don't think that game was anything like the Syracuse game at all.  We were out of the UM game at the first media time out.  The Syracuse game was tight throughout, fairly certain we led in the 2nd half..  The only similarity was the poor shooting, but against the Orange we JYCed it up.  There was no JYC against Michigan.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
I don't think that game was anything like the Syracuse game at all.  We were out of the UM game at the first media time out.  The Syracuse game was tight throughout, fairly certain we led in the 2nd half..  The only similarity was the poor shooting, but against the Orange we JYCed it up.  There was no JYC against Michigan.

fairly certain you're wrong.  it was clear throughout the entirety of the game that we were going to lose, and we did.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2012, 09:46:23 PM »

fairly certain you're wrong.  it was clear throughout the entirety of the game that we were going to lose, and we did.

2 point game with 15 left. 5 point game with 11 left.

Terrible shooting (34.3% eFG), but 52% OR%.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 10:48:56 PM »
Outgunned in both games.  Fought to keep it close in the first before getting worked in the second.  It did take 'Cuse a little longer to pull away, but they did so.  I wasn't referring to JYC style or anything like that, and speaking of JYC play, I'm pretty sure we can kiss it goodbye for the most part (I'm sad about this).

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 11:34:34 PM »

2 point game with 15 left. 5 point game with 11 left.

Terrible shooting (34.3% eFG), but 52% OR%.

So it hasn't been clear enough to this point that KC is an idiot troll who should be ignored?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
Outgunned in both games.  Fought to keep it close in the first before getting worked in the second.  It did take 'Cuse a little longer to pull away, but they did so.  I wasn't referring to JYC style or anything like that, and speaking of JYC play, I'm pretty sure we can kiss it goodbye for the most part (I'm sad about this).

Um, I guess Cuse really started to pull away in those last 15 seconds...

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 07:32:09 PM »

They never lead by less than 10 in the final 9 minutes of the game.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 07:37:02 PM »

They never lead by less than 10 in the final 9 minutes of the game.

yep.  they were in control from start to finish.  you could tell by their demeanor that there was never any doubt they would win.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 01:48:02 PM »
I like the premise of this thread. There was certainly never any meltdown when Frank lost to top tier teams. Everybody was cool as a cucumber back then. This is nothing more than butthurt over oscar, plain and simple.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 02:58:22 PM »
I can't think of a single season where someone didn't drop their Dick all over us at some point. 

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Remember when we used to not get embarrassed by top tier teams?
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 06:46:30 PM »
I can't think of a single season where someone didn't drop their Dick all over us at some point.
Difference is, nobody likes our coach, and he gives us little reason for hope.  At least with Frank we could come up with some sort of excuse as to why this would not repeat any time we played anyone with a pulse.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Remember when we used to not get embarrassed by top tier teams?
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »
Difference is, nobody likes our coach, and he gives us little reason for hope.  At least with Frank we could come up with some sort of excuse as to why this would not repeat any time we played anyone with a pulse.
[/quote

No.  People meltdown and think it's the end of the world everytime.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »

"some sort of excuse" = oh man frank's going to be so pissed at them for playing like crap tonight

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »
I excused the blowout losses the last couple of years because I liked the overall results.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2012, 07:04:24 PM »
We never scored 44 in a game against Florida, never got smoked by duke in KC, who could forget a 20 point loss to Xavier , and double digit losses to powerhouses notre dame and George mason.

This isn't meltdown worthy, lol at anyone who is.
solid long term fan
seems like we are just a couple plays away from having "it"