Author Topic: Can you picture it?  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Johnny Thunderbone

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Can you picture it?
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:38:01 AM »
I was brushing my teeth tonight, meditating on the thought of being world champions, and I tried to picture the post-game celebration. I tried to picture Snyder hoisting the crystal, doing the awkward John Saunders interview, still wet from the Gatorade™ bath, all smiles. And the candid locker room speech to the team afterward, raw emotion from a grueling season, a long career, finally pouring out, being noticably present in his voice. A roar of a reaction from the team that says "We did it all for you, coach. You were born to win it all, and now you've done it."

I couldn't picture it. It's just not clear in my mind what any of it would look or feel or sound like. It's been so present the last month, so tangible, but now that it's within reach it seems so distant.

Sorry to go all steve dave on the board, maybe this doesn't deserve its own topic (=MODS?!=). Can anyone else see this all happening, or was it not meant to be? Am I losing my mind? TIA

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Can you picture it?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 12:43:20 AM »
I'm sure he will point out that the youngsters really appreciate the recognition, but it is something that could not be done without going out and sawing wood and getting just a little bit better each and every day.

Then, he will retire to a night of celebration that includes the decadence of wearing a smoking jacket while eating chocolate chip cookies and putting together game plans for the 2013 season (which will be running late due to the late bowl game date for the 'Cats this year).

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 12:45:55 AM »
I'm sure he will point out that the youngsters really appreciate the recognition, but it is something that could not be done without going out and sawing wood and getting just a little bit better each and every day.

Then, he will retire to a night of celebration that includes the decadence of wearing a smoking jacket while eating chocolate chip cookies and putting together game plans for the 2013 season (which will be running late due to the late bowl game date for the 'Cats this year).

This could be. Will he also have a drink and, if so, what will it be?

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 01:12:45 AM »

The green arrow is Sun Life Stadium.  The red mark is the closest Taco Bell.  Gonna need a steak quesadilla, a couple burritos and Baja Blast to go with the chocolate chip cookies.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 01:51:06 AM »

The green arrow is Sun Life Stadium.  The red mark is the closest Taco Bell.  Gonna need a steak quesadilla, a couple burritos and Baja Blast to go with the chocolate chip cookies.

Somebody DM Gus and tell him that Fox had better hand him this right after his glorious speech. This would almost be the best thing to happen on TV ever, with slight nods to the final MASH episode and THE KSU WILDCATS WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Offline reddirtcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 05:59:13 AM »
Coach looks to be more the type that would wash his chocolate chip cookies and burrito down with a broccoli, kale, bannana, apple, carrot, coconut water, goji berry, pineapple and almond smoothie.  Complete on the go nutrition. Doesn't interfere with striving toward attaining the 16.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 07:26:07 AM »
Q: "Coach - now that you've finally done it, any plans to retire?"
A: "You mean for a second time?"
[laughter]
A: "Now why would I do that? Things are just starting to get fun."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 08:17:58 AM »
I just imagine Rudy, but with gray hair. And when they make the Epic movie about LHC 10 years from now, after they show him being carried off the field they'll have the line about nobody has been carried of the field since that that day...and K-State has won 3 natty championships.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 09:24:50 AM »
[laughter]

Q: This has to be the biggest win of your career.
A: Is that your statement or mine?

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
*wears Cotton Bowl jacket to title game

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 09:31:09 AM »
[laughter]

Q: This has to be the biggest win of your career.
A: Is that your statement or mine?
:love:

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 09:33:11 AM »

Would this even be allowed??? Not that Snyds cares, he does what he wants  :billdance:

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 10:18:33 AM »

Does anyone think Snyder does this for the same reason Harpy wears a Cotton Bowl t shirt everyday in practice?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 10:25:18 AM »
I can't picture Snyder hoisting.  I don't think he's a hoister.  Has he ever hoisted in the past?

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 10:25:33 AM »
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 10:29:17 AM »
Holy GPC

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 10:35:03 AM »
I see Snyder walking off the field to the locker room and the reporter being "Hey you are supposed to go receive your NC trophy."  And Snyder saying "I don't have time for that, I got to get these youngsters ready for 2013".  And off he goes into the locker room.   :bill:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 10:41:14 AM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
Q: Coach, can you describe what it feels like to win this national championship for Kansas State?
A: (clears throat) By and large I thought our youngsters played reasonably well.....

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 10:48:41 AM »
Saunders on the podium: "Coach, would you say this is the biggest win in your career?"

Bill: "This was just another win for our program. I'm just trying to get our youngsters prepared for North Dakota State."

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 10:54:13 AM »

When I worked at the Manhattan country club in college Bill came in a couple of times and ordered a "Johnny Walker Red."

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
I've loved these threads lately. I've been going through this as well. So much fun.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »
Saunders on the podium: "Coach, would you say this is the biggest win in your career?"

Bill: "This was just another win for our program. I'm just trying to get our youngsters prepared for North Dakota State."

:lol:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 01:59:19 PM »
Q:  What does this win mean for you coach?
A:  Well it's an honor to represent Kansas State and the state of Kansas.
Q:  How'd your team play today coach?
A:  Well they did what they needed to do to win, and I'm proud of our youngsters.  All Kansans and K-Staters should be proud of them.
Q:  Thinking about hanging it up coach?
A:  We'll see.
Q:  We'll see?
A:  We'll see.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »

When I worked at the Manhattan country club in college Bill came in a couple of times and ordered a "Johnny Walker Red."

now way. "Red"? you're joking.