Author Topic: Squirrels  (Read 6482 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Squirrels
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 03:10:15 AM »
To be fair, if you caged anything and fed it nothing but tomatoes it would die.  Not sure about the hair loss though.

not sure if you've followed the conversation or not, jtksu, but that's exactly what we're talking about.  apparently some canadian friend of shack's gets his kicks by starving squirrels to death.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
 :love:

http://www.thesquirrelboard.com

Also, this is the Internet

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2012, 09:51:03 PM »
Keep in mind that having a pet squirrel is not legal in all states.

:chainsaw:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »
One of the first things I ever killed in a hunting scenario was a squirrel.  It was so cold he froze solid in the back of the truck on the way home.  He was really hard to clean, really tough skin.  I gave up and trashed him.  Felt bad.  Haven't killed one since.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2012, 10:07:37 PM »
One of the first things I ever killed in a hunting scenario was a squirrel.  It was so cold he froze solid in the back of the truck on the way home.  He was really hard to clean, really tough skin.  I gave up and trashed him.  Felt bad.  Haven't killed one since.

What was your anticipated endgame with that frozen squirrel?  A tiny little coat?  A sweet trophy for your den?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »
here's a pretty great anecdote on our friend the squirrel-

http://gizmodo.com/the-fascinating-story-of-why-u-s-parks-are-full-of-squ-1478182563

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2013, 03:53:03 AM »
did anybody read the Redwall series when they were younger? I really liked the squirrels in those books. they were mostly good guys and really fun characters.

youngMH used to watch the squirrels play when MHdad would take him hunting with him. youngMH used to imagine they were his favorite squirrel characters from the books, on an adventure to save Redwall abbey!

there was even a squirrel named Gooch! he had the title of Friar and liked to cook!  :D

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2013, 12:18:52 PM »
I ran over a squirrel once and was so afraid I had killed it. :ohno:  Looked in my rearview mirror and saw it tumbling about and got more afraid. :runaway:  But after it stopped rolling it dashed and jumped on the nearest tree. :Woohoo:  Not sure what happened to it after that. :dunno:  It almost made me run into a rough ridin' parked car though because I was looking in the rear view mirror worried about it. :shakesfist:  eff you squirrel.  I think it was a grey one..
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2013, 01:15:01 PM »
I'm fairly certain that Schreds skinned one and left it in our fridge....  for like... ever

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2013, 01:54:34 PM »
I'm fairly certain that Schreds skinned one and left it in our fridge....  for like... ever
Pretty sure we cooked that thing up on St. Patties day.  Even used green food coloring.  Can't remember how it turned out.  Almost 100% chance there were large amounts of alcohol involved.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »
did anybody read the Redwall series when they were younger? I really liked the squirrels in those books. they were mostly good guys and really fun characters.

youngMH used to watch the squirrels play when MHdad would take him hunting with him. youngMH used to imagine they were his favorite squirrel characters from the books, on an adventure to save Redwall abbey!

there was even a squirrel named Gooch! he had the title of Friar and liked to cook!  :D
don't remember the redwall stories.  I think I said it earlier in this thread, but watching squirrels run around in the woods is great entertainment when you're sitting in a tree stand.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2013, 03:13:48 PM »
My mom hates squirrels. When I was little we went to some zoo in California. My sister was still a baby and in a stroller. When my mom saw the squirrel scamper by, she chased it while pushing the stroller like a maniac.