Author Topic: Around the Horn(ed)  (Read 20957 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Around the Horn(ed)
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 12:39:26 PM »
Alrighty then. Agree it will come down to turnovers. If we have 1 or less I think we win. Two or more I don't know.

Regarding our losses, check the box scores and stats. We dominated Tech who barely managed 300 yards in regulation while we had 450+. Three turnovers and allowing a 1st half onside kick was the equalizer. ISU the same thing. Two TOs inside their 5 and another freaky on returned for a score. Both should have been easy wins. I wonder how KSU vs ISU would have ended up if Sams found out 2 days prior to the game he was the starter? ISU had their chances as it was. OSU I have no answer. They were pretty good and we were terrible. That happens with a young team on the road. yet we were still in it in the 4th. Boykin was way off with his accuracy in that game. We got several very good players back last week which helped with pass rush, OL and WR.

If Boykin plays like punting can be ok, as GMFP preaches (how many coaches in the conf think that way?), you guys are in for a major tilt. If he wants to show the media how big his arm is then we could see another OSU experience.

Frogs 31 Catz 23 Lets get it on!
Gary.Mother.rough ridin'.Patterson?  :ohno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
Lots of teams have good defensive stats before they play us.  TCU hasn't played us yet.  Simple really.

Cats by 21

This.
:adios:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 12:47:07 PM »
Alrighty then. Agree it will come down to turnovers. If we have 1 or less I think we win. Two or more I don't know.

Regarding our losses, check the box scores and stats. We dominated Tech who barely managed 300 yards in regulation while we had 450+. Three turnovers and allowing a 1st half onside kick was the equalizer. ISU the same thing. Two TOs inside their 5 and another freaky on returned for a score. Both should have been easy wins. I wonder how KSU vs ISU would have ended up if Sams found out 2 days prior to the game he was the starter? ISU had their chances as it was. OSU I have no answer. They were pretty good and we were terrible. That happens with a young team on the road. yet we were still in it in the 4th. Boykin was way off with his accuracy in that game. We got several very good players back last week which helped with pass rush, OL and WR.

If Boykin plays like punting can be ok, as GMFP preaches (how many coaches in the conf think that way?), you guys are in for a major tilt. If he wants to show the media how big his arm is then we could see another OSU experience.

Not sure if serious....

Thus far, you've beaten the bottom feeders of the Big 12 and a big east team and lost to the three middle of the pack teams.  Now, it's time to play "big boy football" and this isn't the MWC anymore.

Your team is not only young, but also beat up.  We don't turn the ball over, and y'all do.  If Patterson wants to punt, let him.  We don't punt.  We score.

It won't be all that close.

:bill:
A nice two year run = "Big boy"? Lulz. While we were beating Wiscy in the Rose Bowl two years ago you and CatFancy Nation were crapping your pants wondering which Conference might take you. Now you have us and WVU to thank for keeping the Conference together. The television partners wanted us pure and simple.

We'll have a good time. The post game tailgate can double as the Wake for your NC dreams ;)

Sounds to me like you're still a little bitter about getting passed over for Baylor back in '96...

:peek:
Haha! We've put them in their place since that happened. I think we are 4-1 outscoring them 196-67 or some such. All that matters is we are here now. BTW, might be a good idea if you guys wear black for the pending Wake. Just a friendly Frog fan trying to help.
I thought TCU was doing the BLACK OUT for this game.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »
lol any schmuck could beat Wisconsin in the rose bowl
LOL! Getting there is the hard part.

You can't be serious.  Who did you beat to get there?  Colorado State?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 12:57:22 PM »

Gary.Mother.rough ridin'.Patterson?  :ohno:

Gary.Mother.rough ridin'.Patterson
bears are fast...

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 01:00:38 PM »

Not sure if serious....

Thus far, you've beaten the bottom feeders of the Big 12 and a big east team and lost to the three middle of the pack teams.  Now, it's time to play "big boy football" and this isn't the MWC anymore.

Your team is not only young, but also beat up.  We don't turn the ball over, and y'all do.  If Patterson wants to punt, let him.  We don't punt.  We score.

It won't be all that close.

:bill:
A nice two year run = "Big boy"? Lulz. While we were beating Wiscy in the Rose Bowl two years ago you and CatFancy Nation were crapping your pants wondering which Conference might take you. Now you have us and WVU to thank for keeping the Conference together. The television partners wanted us pure and simple.

We'll have a good time. The post game tailgate can double as the Wake for your NC dreams ;)

Sounds to me like you're still a little bitter about getting passed over for Baylor back in '96...

:peek:
Haha! We've put them in their place since that happened. I think we are 4-1 outscoring them 196-67 or some such. All that matters is we are here now. BTW, might be a good idea if you guys wear black for the pending Wake. Just a friendly Frog fan trying to help.

I'll take that as a yes...

:cheers:
bears are fast...

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 01:05:54 PM »
LOL! Getting there is the hard part.*
*Unless you're in the MWC

Offline American Standard

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »

Apparently the Voters and Computers thought enough of us to rank us 3rd prior to the bowls. We were also favored vs 4th ranked Wiscy. One loss by UO or AU from the NC game. No need to be all butthurt about it.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 01:14:39 PM »

Apparently the Voters and Computers thought enough of us to rank us 3rd prior to the bowls. We were also favored vs 4th ranked Wiscy. One loss by UO or AU from the NC game. No need to be all butthurt about it.

way to dodge the question

catzacker

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »
TCU beat us the last time we went down there.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »

Did you benefit from the K-State Rule?

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
Lots of teams have good defensive stats before they play us.  TCU hasn't played us yet.  Simple really.

Cats by 21
You guys gained 364 yds vs ISU. We had 450+ with our Freshman QB starting his first game. He was listed at RB that Wednesday.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2012, 01:21:55 PM »
i haven't read any of the last page and a half, but i would like to take a guess at what frog aggie is saying:

"nobody has been able to move the ball against us, i don't see you guys scoring that much on us."

"if you guys turn it over a couple times, no doubt we win"

"as long as we take care of the ball, we win"

"your pass defense is awful and we threw for a lot vs wvu."

"we've beaten good teams a couple times we will win"

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »

Cats by 21
You guys gained 364 yds vs ISU. We had 450+ with our Freshman QB starting his first game. He was listed at RB that Wednesday.

ISU is super-motivated by Farmageddon.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2012, 01:27:15 PM »
TCU gives up 5.2 ypp, which is about average, and it still has to play us (6.7), OU, (6.2) and Texas (6.4), which are all top-25 ypp offenses.

By the time the season is over, TCU's defense is going to look pretty mediocre, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »

Cats by 21
I did the math, and based upon that stat, we're gonna lose by 7 wkts in the last 5 overs. Here is the math. Simple really:
TCU won by 7 wkts (D/L method)       
TCU 200/3 (31.1 Ovs)   
54 (47)       
102 (95)       
KSU 188/6 (33.0 Ovs)      
6.1-0-35-1
7-0-50-1
CRR 6.42   

Partnership 127(99)

Last Wkt  5(6)       

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2012, 01:29:34 PM »
Here's the "murderers row" they played to get to the Rose Bowl...

Oregon State
Tennessee Tech    
Baylor
SMU
Colorado State
Wyoming
BYU
Air Force
UNLV
Utah
San Diego State
New Mexico

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
bears are fast...

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2012, 01:38:12 PM »

Oregon State
Tennessee Tech    
Baylor
SMU
Colorado State
Wyoming
BYU
Air Force
UNLV
Utah
San Diego State
New Mexico

:lol: :lol:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2012, 01:47:57 PM »

Oregon State
Tennessee Tech    
Baylor
SMU
Colorado State
Wyoming
BYU
Air Force
UNLV
Utah
San Diego State
New Mexico

i figured there was a good reason he dodged the question.  WOOF!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2012, 02:16:32 PM »
K-State has already accomplished more this season than TCU has accomplished in any whole season in their entire history.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »
little worried about their qb running around, is he the most dynamic we've faced?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »
little worried about their qb running around, is he the most dynamic we've faced?

I kinda forgot how pud and unathletic the B12 QBs are until just now.

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »

Oregon State
Tennessee Tech    
Baylor
SMU
Colorado State
Wyoming
BYU
Air Force
UNLV
Utah
San Diego State
New Mexico

i figured there was a good reason he dodged the question.  WOOF!
CBSSports Conference power ranking had MWC and Big 12 neck and neck in 2010. Big 12 is consistently over rated. Look at this year. Ou JV is 3-3 in this and dominated in 2 of the 3 losses. We have played the three top offenses in the conference and held them all considerably below their averages. My, my what a week in week out nightmare. If we hadn't lost our QB we would be 8-0 without breaking a sweat. Thems the breaks though. We're gonna wreck this joint when we have a full Varsity roster again starting next year.

catzacker

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2012, 02:42:23 PM »

yes.  most since RG3 last year.  i think we are going to have some issues with him.  can't just rely on making them "one dimensional" because he's always 2 dimensional.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »

Cats by 21

We gained a road W against ISU. You lost to ISU at home. Congrats on ur yardage, though.

care to breakdown the comparative stats against KU, Tech, OSU, WVU???