Author Topic: :bigtoke:  (Read 3099 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:bigtoke:
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »
 :cheese: <---- but walking much slower, towards Colorado, with an oz.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: :bigtoke:
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:51:46 PM »
The best stuff is already in co, you don't need to bring your own.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »
The best stuff is already in co, you don't need to bring your own.

The best stuff in Kansas is from Colorado

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 11:38:34 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 12:37:16 AM »
So how does this work with piss tests? Can you say you were toking up in Denver a couple days ago, and everything is good?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 12:38:37 AM »
pretty much up to the employer anyway.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
So how does this work with piss tests? Can you say you were toking up in Denver a couple days ago, and everything is good?

Does anyone know how this works in Colorado currently?  Like if you have a medical card, can your employer fire you for a positive marijuana test?
:adios:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 12:59:49 PM »

Does anyone know how this works in Colorado currently?  Like if you have a medical card, can your employer fire you for a positive marijuana test?

None of this matters as long as it stays illegal on the federal level. It does free up the local law enforcement to ignore it's use at certain levels, but there will always be the threat of a federal crackdown. It just happened in LA and San Diego in recent months with medical pot dispensaries.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 01:45:57 PM »

Even if marijuana is legal, I would think a company could institute a strict anti-marijuana policy and fire employees who fail tests.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »

Even if marijuana is legal, I would think a company could institute a strict anti-marijuana policy and fire employees who fail tests.

Could they?  Can they institute a strict anti-alcohol policy and do the same?  Legitimately asking.

Obviously not talking about being under the influence at work, of course that is fireable.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »

Could they?  Can they institute a strict anti-alcohol policy and do the same?  Legitimately asking.

Obviously not talking about being under the influence at work, of course that is fireable.
Pilots are 12 hours bottle to throttle. They get fired for breaking this. I'd think that they could certainly drink 8 hours before a flight and have no alcohol in their system.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 03:19:04 PM »
I know this isn't the case, but if the weed is grown, sold, and consumed in the one state, I don't think the fed should be able to have any say what so ever.  Now, if CO was growing and found to be shipping to KS, then by all means, the fed should be allowed to do something for now.

Stupid govt.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 01:51:04 AM »

Yes, you can be fired if you tested positive for alcohol.  Just because its legal to use it isn't a right.  The NCAA, NBA, MLB, MLS, NASCAR and NFL have already issued press releases that marijuana usage in those states are still banned by those governing bodies.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 02:35:47 AM »
So my interpretation is that no big corporations can start selling it/distributing it in those states because the federal government will still come in and shut it down? But also, you can smoke anywhere and no federal official is going to care?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: :bigtoke:
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 07:12:30 AM »
So my interpretation is that no big corporations can start selling it/distributing it in those states because the federal government will still come in and shut it down? But also, you can smoke anywhere and no federal official is going to care?

What federal official A would you run into or B would give a crap about somebody toking

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 10:18:25 AM »

What federal official A would you run into or B would give a crap about somebody toking

That's what I figured, just confirming.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »
I know this isn't the case, but if the weed is grown, sold, and consumed in the one state, I don't think the fed should be able to have any say what so ever.  Now, if CO was growing and found to be shipping to KS, then by all means, the fed should be allowed to do something for now.

Stupid govt.

My mom says that when she was growing up in Colorado, her family from Kansas would bring back a trunk full of Coors every time they visited. And now it will now happen with pot.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: :bigtoke:
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »

Stupid govt.

My mom says that when she was growing up in Colorado, her family from Kansas would bring back a trunk full of Coors every time they visited. And now it will now happen with pot.
Both illegal

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 10:25:25 AM »

Stupid govt.

LOL at smuggling Coors across state lines.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: :bigtoke:
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »

Stupid govt.

Both illegal

Yeah

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »

Stupid govt.

Did your mom go by Bandit or Snowman?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 11:13:14 AM »

Stupid govt.

Did your mom go by Bandit or Snowman?

it was her uncle doing the transporting

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »

That's what I figured, just confirming.
You might be surprised how many federal agents are lurking in Colorado.  My brother-in-law works for the Colorado State Police in a joint effort with the FBI to enforce immigration laws.  They are all over Denver area busting illegal aliens.  I could easily see them retooling to enforce federal drug law.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 01:05:54 PM »
The Governor will clarify with Holder what it means to implement this law by January 5th. At least we know local cops won't be arresting you for possession or smoking. It's always possible that the Feds could crack down on sellers. Also the amendment could have violated TABOR, so they may not even be able to tax it. But the people who supported the passage don't really give a crap about the taxation.

I would expect crackdowns in western Kansas on anyone possessing out there. It didn't used to be a big deal to toke up on a drive across 70, but they will be looking for it now.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 01:15:11 PM »
Does this law make it legal for Colorado farmers to grow marijuana as a cash crop? I don't understand how a law like this could be passed with the intent of collecting a tax on sales unless they plan on allowing stores to sell it. Who are the stores going to purchase it from, though?