Author Topic: Post In This Thread Who You Voted For!  (Read 20907 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Post In This Thread Who You Voted For!
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 12:01:36 PM »
johnson, not the incumbant dem senator, dem asian military guy us rep, various coinpick local 'pubs, yes on gov's tax hike, yes on 2 yr budget, yes on limiting union pol influence, yes on abolishing death penalty, yes on ammend 3 strikes, yes on gmo labels, no on the other tax hike, yes on tax out of state business, yes on local libraries funding.

can't recall the other ballot initiatives i either voted for or against, but i love them all.  love voting on stuff.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2012, 12:02:06 PM »
Kansans can write-in Stein. :dunno:

http://www.jillstein.org/ballot

crap forgot about writing her in.  Can we just focus on getting her to Washington as a rep or Senator on the Dem ticket?  Why waste a potentially great advocate being a martyr in the damn Green Party?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 12:04:50 PM »
I voted yes on taxing people who buy cigarettes to fund $200+ million in education.

Seemed like a win/win.

They are just going to take the original $200M that went to schools, and use this new $200M for schools so that schools still receive nothing more than $200M, but every politician involved will get a new boat/

Eh, but it may still cause people to pay more to smoke, which I'm happy about in a cruel sort of way.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2012, 12:06:36 PM »
johnson, not the incumbant dem senator, dem asian military guy us rep, various coinpick local 'pubs, yes on gov's tax hike, yes on 2 yr budget, yes on limiting union pol influence, yes on abolishing death penalty, yes on ammend 3 strikes, yes on gmo labels, no on the other tax hike, yes on tax out of state business, yes on local libraries funding.

can't recall the other ballot initiatives i either voted for or against, but i love them all.  love voting on stuff.

I voted no on the out-of-state business tax. forgot about that one.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »
Also can we talk about why that damn boat question was two full pages long, woof.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »
Voting in Manhattan now:  Townies tell me what issues are important to you (local only) and I will vote for who give best argument.

ywia

Also, I already looked at KK's stuff so he is the early leader. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »
Also can we talk about why that damn boat question was two full pages long, woof.

I thought since it was a constitutional amendment change, most of it was relisting the classes of exempt things from the original amendment (mostly agricultural related).

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2012, 12:19:17 PM »
Conservatives here at work seem pretty confident that Romney will win.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »
I skipped about 2/3 of it. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2012, 12:27:06 PM »
I voted yes on taxing people who buy cigarettes to fund $200+ million in education.

Seemed like a win/win.

They are just going to take the original $200M that went to schools, and use this new $200M for schools so that schools still receive nothing more than $200M, but every politician involved will get a new boat/

Eh, but it may still cause people to pay more to smoke, which I'm happy about in a cruel sort of way.

This is a tax on the poor, and I don't believe it will help education, yet it will take more money from a group of people (smokers) made up mostly of a lower income demographic. 

No. 

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2012, 12:45:34 PM »

Gov's tax hike is a sham, none of the $6 billion will make it to children - it will go into an account labeled for education and right out the other end to the general fund, and if it doesn't pass, he won't cut any money to schools.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2012, 12:46:57 PM »

Gov's tax hike is a sham, none of the $6 billion will make it to children - it will go into an account labeled for education and right out the other end to the general fund, and if it doesn't pass, he won't cut any money to schools.

yeah, I voted no on that hike. The school ads were hella misleading. (<-local term)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
Hey guyz, stopped by my parents house on my lunch break, dad was listening to rush and apparently the early polling is going good for the pubs?!?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 12:59:39 PM »

yeah, I voted no on that hike. The school ads were hella misleading. (<-local term)

Was the union deduction issue just that people could voluntarily submit paperwork to have it deducted by payroll or are California districts closed shops?  As a right-to-work state I think the payroll deduction is a good counter-balance.  Unions will be completely irrelevant if they aren't.  It is mostly a small dedicated group that negotiates now with little to no input from the majority other than a pro-forma vote on the negotiated agreement, with massive disinterest.  If it goes away and people vote to dissolve the union, working conditions, salary, benefits will all be significantly worse.

Clarification:  my point about everything after right-to-work was about Kansas.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 01:11:15 PM »

Was the union deduction issue just that people could voluntarily submit paperwork to have it deducted by payroll or are California districts closed shops?  As a right-to-work state I think the payroll deduction is a good counter-balance.  Unions will be completely irrelevant if they aren't.  It is mostly a small dedicated group that negotiates now with little to no input from the majority other than a pro-forma vote on the negotiated agreement, with massive disinterest.  If it goes away and people vote to dissolve the union, working conditions, salary, benefits will all be significantly worse.

The prop allows union workers to opt in if they want automatic payroll deduction for the purpose of campaign contributions. Same for corporate employees. Basically allows all employees to contribute to anybody they wish or not at all. Pretty simple. Unions are freaking out because it could allow for a more balanced government in CA that is now basically owned a and run by the unions.

Offline DOOM_Catz

• Combo-Fan
  • EMAW said we ain't losin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2012, 01:15:18 PM »
I'm pretty pro boats. I love going out and fishing or just riding around in circles in the middle of the lake. Also, as a person who cannot swim, I'm pretty pro well kept docks. Therefore, I voted to create an incentive to register and pay taxes on boats in Kansas. Lets get whatever we can out of these boat owners.

I'm also the son of a father who sold his boat once we moved to Kansas because a) the fishing here blows and b) the property tax on them was ridiculous.

All in all, I'm still pretty pissed that I looked like some kind of dummy at the polling booth because I spent forever reading what the hell the vote was for on this boat tax issue. I mean, SERIOUSLY, ZERO warning about this being on the ballot.

I voted yes.

Voting in Manhattan now:  Townies tell me what issues are important to you (local only) and I will vote for who give best argument.

ywia

Also, I already looked at KK's stuff so he is the early leader. 

I also voted yes on the 1/2 cent sales tax. Seems like I won't miss what I have already have been paying. Also, I want all the non-townies to pay for when they come into town on Friday and think they can just have the run of the my town.
“I'm grossly overpaid for what I do." - LHC Bill Snyder, April 17th, 2013

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »

Seemed like a win/win.

This is a tax on the poor, and I don't believe it will help education, yet it will take more money from a group of people (smokers) made up mostly of a lower income demographic. 

No.

The poor shouldn't be spending that much money on cigarettes.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2012, 01:52:37 PM »

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2012, 01:55:24 PM »
I voted for A WINNER!

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2012, 02:01:49 PM »
I live in Texas, my vote didn't matter.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »
I live in Texas, my vote didn't matter.

i voted primarily so i could cast a ballot for local issues and candidates.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
I voted for Republicans and Democrats.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »
Gov's tax hike is a sham, none of the $6 billion will make it to children.

good, i don't have children, don't particularly like them.  do like paying for the govt we have (if we're going to have it).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2012, 02:18:45 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2012, 02:21:02 PM »
Gov's tax hike is a sham, none of the $6 billion will make it to children.

good, i don't have children, don't particularly like them.  do like paying for the govt we have (if we're going to have it).

also, i like the gov.  i want him to be happy.