Author Topic: talk about the first bball game  (Read 9161 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: talk about the first bball game
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »
The apathy of this fan base is :cry:

I think it has some to do with the coaching change, but is mostly that we have the #2 football team in the nation which is really, really fun.  Plus we just played Washburn.

The apathy started long before last night.  Football team was pretty good last year too, no?

I've also never understood this talking point, it would make sense if they played games at the same time.  Most of us are reading/posting on both boards right?  Are sports fans predisposed to having the inability to multi-task?

That's true, but by the time bball started, we weren't entertaining hopes of going to the national title game.  I would guess that most aren't reading and posting on both boards, but I dunno.    Also, I don't remember late October basketball BBSing being all that great last year either.  Tuesday night games against Washburn just don't do it for most people I guess.  Was attendance great for the exhibitions last year?  Honestly don't remember.
:adios:

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2012, 06:33:51 PM »
angel played 10 minutes
Looked like he got a little banged up when he dove for that loose ball late in the first half. Probably affected his minutes.

I feel like I should mention the fact that the loose ball was a result of Will's ball handling.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:37:57 PM by theswo »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »
angel had a blister

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2012, 06:55:30 PM »
Gottlieb's offense would have been one million times more awesome.

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2012, 06:56:19 PM »
And he would have interviewed the crap out of Stan at halftime.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 08:29:40 PM »

I think it has some to do with the coaching change, but is mostly that we have the #2 football team in the nation which is really, really fun.  Plus we just played Washburn.

1. The apathy started long before last night.  2. Football team was pretty good last year too, no?

I've also never understood this talking point, it would make sense if they played games at the same time.  Most of us are reading/posting on both boards right?  Are sports fans predisposed to having the inability to multi-task?

1.  Yes
2.  Kind Of
3.  Yes

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2012, 09:25:59 PM »

The apathy started long before last night.  Football team was pretty good last year too, no?

In some ways, yes.

And there is a difference in being good, even really good, and being what we are right now.

Though I do agree that the apathy has been there since the change pretty much. oscar is going have to win over the fans, Frank did to, especially in his 2nd year.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
frank didn't really have to win over anything.  we were a year out from wooly and hadn't yet become accustom to being america's team.  we had b'easy, bill walker, and a whole lot of other things going on.  there was nothing but upside for us.  frank was an unknown, but he was also an afterthought.  our focus was on GRCOAT.  we cared about dalonte, and satan.  not frank.

we could have brought in oscar back then and there wouldn't have been a second thought about it at the time. 

edited to add: i reread your post and you said "esp in his 2nd year" and you're right about that, mostly i would guess, because we were playing Frank's november ball w/o beasley and didn't know how painful it was to watch

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 10:44:17 PM »
I'm not totally ready to get back into basketball. I wanted to be into it, but watching the game it just made me feel kind of empty and a little sad.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2012, 12:05:27 AM »
My last KSU BB game in MHK was this:

Man.  :cry:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2012, 12:06:14 AM »
2012 belvis watches the first half from home and then switches the channel at halftime. interesting. probably just an anomaly Exhibition Game though i'm sure.

FYP, Rick.  Still got my season tix.  Like last year, though, I didn't feel the obligation to drive 4 hours round trip to watch a glorified practice. 

Don't worry, I'll be there for the NDState game on the 9th - unlike the vast majority of goEMAW basketball bbsers who have never and will never actually own season tickets.

:eye: 

I've got season tickets and will have just arrived in Ft. Worth.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2012, 12:10:12 AM »
I can't stand exhibition games. I go because I bought the season ticket package.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2012, 12:37:46 AM »
2012 belvis watches the first half from home and then switches the channel at halftime. interesting. probably just an anomaly Exhibition Game though i'm sure.

FYP, Rick.  Still got my season tix.  Like last year, though, I didn't feel the obligation to drive 4 hours round trip to watch a glorified practice. 

Don't worry, I'll be there for the NDState game on the 9th - unlike the vast majority of goEMAW basketball bbsers who have never and will never actually own season tickets.

:eye: 

I've got season tickets and will have just arrived in Ft. Worth.

This has been the most entertaining part of this season (these seasons?) for me: Trim becoming a bigger football fan than a basketball fan. Last year he wouldn't go into BSFS, and now he's going to away games. Very fun for all involved.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2012, 12:38:47 AM »
I feel like I should mention the fact that the loose ball was a result of Will's ball handling.

I generally just assume this, but thanks for the clarification.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2012, 07:10:05 AM »
This has been the most entertaining part of this season (these seasons?) for me: Trim becoming a bigger football fan than a basketball fan. Last year he wouldn't go into BSFS, and now he's going to away games. Very fun for all involved.

Two different things.  DFW is about a bro trip & BA miles.  My willingness to skip hoops games to go on a bro trip, well, I guess this can now be a Frank/oscar/Currie/butthurt thread too.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2012, 08:49:46 AM »
My willingness to skip hoops games to go on a bro trip, well, I guess this can now be a Frank/oscar/Currie/butthurt thread too.

are you and your bros finally tracking down the truth about curries dfw retreat?  i have a feeling he's got interesting secrets buried in his lair.  maybe even treasure.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2012, 08:55:10 AM »
My willingness to skip hoops games to go on a bro trip, well, I guess this can now be a Frank/oscar/Currie/butthurt thread too.

are you and your bros finally tracking down the truth about curries dfw retreat?  i have a feeling he's got interesting secrets buried in his lair.  maybe even treasure.

I'll add it to the itinerary.  Anybody know what hotel he hunkered down in?  We're pretty flexible right now on where to stay.

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2012, 09:11:27 AM »

I'll add it to the itinerary.  Anybody know what hotel he hunkered down in?  We're pretty flexible right now on where to stay.

Best Western? Or somewhere high profile, can't just get one wear out of NutPak ensemble.