Author Topic: talk about the first bball game  (Read 9166 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
talk about the first bball game
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:35 PM »
couldn't watch any of it tonight. how'd we look u guys?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: talk about the first bball game
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:52 PM »
amazing

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:08:25 PM »
score? who was good? who was bad? atmosphere? tunnel dance?

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 10:15:01 PM »
Dont think we looked that good. Niño and DJamer were nice. AR and Gruds obviously

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 10:35:41 PM »
I didn't watch much of the second half, and I was pretty inattentive during the first half after 22-2.

Nino looked alright when I saw him, and I liked some of JO's game.  I hope McGruder doesn't kind of disappear in the motion, but again, I wasn't really paying much attention tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 10:57:44 PM »
angel played 10 minutes

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:00:07 PM »
DJamer has really fantastic hair, martavious is pretty jacked still.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 11:03:27 PM »
Score was decent, the way we got there won't be repeatable against real opponents. Washburn coughed up the ball a lot, because they are a D2 team and we are way bigger faster and stronger, and we scored on lots of their turnovers. Almost all of our points in the paint were trash shots that we don't get against real teams. We got beat off the dribble way more than we should have by Washburn, and gave them way too many easy rebounds. Also, our set offense looked like an abortion for the majority of the evening. We had 15 turnovers against Washburn, should have been more, we still can't pass or dribble (which is unfortunate).

Angel - Had a difficult time getting past their guards which surprised me, he didn't shoot the ball real well or make good decisions, but he also didn't get a ton of PT tonight.

Marty- Marty did what Marty does, just not as well as he is capable of doing it.

Sprads- Handled the ball okay for the most part, was not a terribly effective passer tonight. His shot was SO off for most of the night. Looked a lot like Will from last year.

Lawrence - Didn't look like he deserved the summer hype. He looked slow, he couldn't handle the ball at all, and didn't shoot much because he couldn't get open. His D was acceptable. He just looked like he was a playing a different offense than everyone else out on the floor.

Rod- He was Rod from last year, but his midrange and floater weren't falling tonight. Didn't play a lot.

Southwell- He had a couple awesome passes and a couple WTF passes, same with his shots, same old southwell.

Nino- Looked like he could really help us on offense when his defensive assignment won't create too much of a liability. He has a real nice touch inside twelve feet and can get a shot off rather quickly. He could be real valuable if utilized correctly.

JHR- Made some real nice shots tonight, one of them with his right hand on the baseline. He didn't look real motivated on D tonight. Seemed like he was going through the motions a little bit.

Diaz- This guy needs to learn what his game is going to be, he put up a couple of head scratchers tonight. Hopefully Weber has not given this kid the green light to shoot midrange jumpers all year long, because it would be an ugly look for him offensively. Played respectably on defense. Needs to learn how to box out, but when you have a size 16 waist, I'm sure it's hard to get a body on people.

DJamer- He looked a little slow on defense sometimes, but will definitely have some upside there. Seemed to be an instinctual rebounder, and doesn't get carried away on offense, just backs a guy down and shoots layups (he's like the anti-Diaz).

Gibson- Well, that sucked. He lost a lot of weight, and it's obvious the coaches are asking him to change his offensive game, and it looks like a rough ridin' trainwreck right now. He has no idea what he's supposed to be doing when he gets the ball in his hands. Doesn't seem any quicker from losing the weight either. I want last year's Gibson back.

Orris-I refuse to talk about walk-ons

This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 11:09:12 PM »
score? who was good? who was bad? atmosphere? tunnel dance?
81-61
Nino and DJamer looked pretty good to me. McGruder looked about how people expected him to be, I think, which was pretty good. It's tough to judge how much JO might have improved against a team like this, but he looked alright.
Will Spradling looked not good... he was shooting too much imo. Trying to force it instead of letting the game come to him... not a good night, especially from the 3.
Everything seemed a little rusty. First game of the year, kind of expected. I think everybody got in, which is good.
Didn't get there in time for the tunnel dance if it did happen  :frown:

Stat of the night: 54.5% from the line. Yikes.

Angel has a bad blister?? Somebody give him the John Wooden socks and shoes lesson!
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline BWebbs0

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »
Atmosphere? Might as well have been a girl's game going on. It was pathetic. Dillon's logo looked nice, if that says anything?  :flush:
oscar Weber has the personality of a dead moth.

Will Spradling is an awful human being.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 11:40:42 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 11:43:45 PM »
Didn't realize there was a game. Checked out some pictures online...there were about 3 people in the stands.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 11:45:01 PM »
Score was decent, the way we got there won't be repeatable against real opponents. Washburn coughed up the ball a lot, because they are a D2 team and we are way bigger faster and stronger, and we scored on lots of their turnovers. Almost all of our points in the paint were trash shots that we don't get against real teams. We got beat off the dribble way more than we should have by Washburn, and gave them way too many easy rebounds. Also, our set offense looked like an abortion for the majority of the evening. We had 15 turnovers against Washburn, should have been more, we still can't pass or dribble (which is unfortunate).

Angel - Had a difficult time getting past their guards which surprised me, he didn't shoot the ball real well or make good decisions, but he also didn't get a ton of PT tonight.

Marty- Marty did what Marty does, just not as well as he is capable of doing it.

Sprads- Handled the ball okay for the most part, was not a terribly effective passer tonight. His shot was SO off for most of the night. Looked a lot like Will from last year.

Lawrence - Didn't look like he deserved the summer hype. He looked slow, he couldn't handle the ball at all, and didn't shoot much because he couldn't get open. His D was acceptable. He just looked like he was a playing a different offense than everyone else out on the floor.

Rod- He was Rod from last year, but his midrange and floater weren't falling tonight. Didn't play a lot.

Southwell- He had a couple awesome passes and a couple WTF passes, same with his shots, same old southwell.

Nino- Looked like he could really help us on offense when his defensive assignment won't create too much of a liability. He has a real nice touch inside twelve feet and can get a shot off rather quickly. He could be real valuable if utilized correctly.

JHR- Made some real nice shots tonight, one of them with his right hand on the baseline. He didn't look real motivated on D tonight. Seemed like he was going through the motions a little bit.

Diaz- This guy needs to learn what his game is going to be, he put up a couple of head scratchers tonight. Hopefully Weber has not given this kid the green light to shoot midrange jumpers all year long, because it would be an ugly look for him offensively. Played respectably on defense. Needs to learn how to box out, but when you have a size 16 waist, I'm sure it's hard to get a body on people.

DJamer- He looked a little slow on defense sometimes, but will definitely have some upside there. Seemed to be an instinctual rebounder, and doesn't get carried away on offense, just backs a guy down and shoots layups (he's like the anti-Diaz).

Gibson- Well, that sucked. He lost a lot of weight, and it's obvious the coaches are asking him to change his offensive game, and it looks like a rough ridin' trainwreck right now. He has no idea what he's supposed to be doing when he gets the ball in his hands. Doesn't seem any quicker from losing the weight either. I want last year's Gibson back.

Ouch. This sounds horrible.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 11:49:24 PM »

Ouch. This sounds horrible.

First game of the year always blows though, we won't know much about this team until we get ten games under our belt. It's going to take the kids a bit to adjust to the new offense.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 12:21:40 AM »
I hope McGruder doesn't kind of disappear in the motion, but again, I wasn't really paying much attention tonight.

man if I have to put up with this all year, I'm going to quit everything, end it all

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 01:25:27 AM »
guys i didn't get to see the game tonight but why is angel so reckless with the ball :shakesfist:

:users:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »
we looked good

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 10:13:07 AM »
In the first half, Washburn looked bad much more than we looked good.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
In the first half, Washburn looked bad much more than we looked good.

in other words, although it could have been expected for this k-state team to look worse than washburn, taking into consideration that we have a new coach, and they're returning a team of experienced players with their existing coach intact, they looked much worse than we did. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 10:42:30 AM »
In other words we looked a lot like everyone expected us to look at the beginning of the year with a new system and the 81pts was more about Washburn not pulling their heads out of their collective asses until sometime right before half.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
please describe the new system and what it was about it that held our players back last night

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 10:55:46 AM »
i'm just saying for someone that has it all-in against oscar, i would expect you should be able to describe, in vivid detail, the variances between what we saw last night with oscar, and what we would have seen with an all-star calibre (sp?) coach of your choosing.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »
83 points?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
I hope McGruder doesn't kind of disappear in the motion, but again, I wasn't really paying much attention tonight.

man if I have to put up with this all year, I'm going to quit everything, end it all

You may have missed this part.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 11:12:53 AM »
whoever said that bbsing would suck this year, that person was right.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."