Author Topic: Manti Te'o........WTF??  (Read 88504 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #550 on: January 18, 2013, 01:35:28 PM »
Interesting...

Dan Tudesco, a 2006 graduate who now works in public relations in New York, set up an online account at fundraising website indiegogo.com on Jan. 9 to solicit $5,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Inc. The initial pitch said donations would go to the society in memory of Lennay Kekua and in honor of Te'o, "two individuals who have been an inspiration to us through an iconic season."

Tudesco said he and three friends got the fundraising idea after seeing a video that went viral of Te'o holding his head in dismay during the Irish's 42-14 loss to Alabama in the national championship game.

The goal was to turn the loss -- and the player's sudden popularity -- into something positive.

"I think we were all kind of disappointed in the result of the game ... and the Manti story was very inspirational," Tudesco told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Notre Dame took notice of Tudesco's tweets about the fund drive and sent a university videographer to shoot an interview with him. The video was posted on the Notre Dame athletics YouTube channel Tuesday.

Tudesco said he didn't believe Notre Dame was aware of the hoax when it promoted his fundraiser.

"It would surprise me that Notre Dame would want to promote this if they knew something like this was going on," Tudesco said.

However, Notre Dame officials said Wednesday that they became aware of the hoax on Dec. 26, nearly two weeks before the championship game. University spokesman Dennis Brown didn't immediately respond to a request seeking comment Thursday.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8854472/teammate-manti-teo-says-player-played-girlfriend-angle

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 18, 2013, 01:38:14 PM »
reports coming out now that there are first hand accounts that tuisasasopo (sp?) confessed to them that he was behind it and that te'o had no idea.  said it started out as a joke and got out of hand.

seems reasonable, i guess.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 18, 2013, 01:40:52 PM »
reports coming out now that there are first hand accounts that tuisasasopo (sp?) confessed to them that he was behind it and that te'o had no idea.  said it started out as a joke and got out of hand.

seems reasonable, i guess.

I have no idea what's reasonable any more.

Its still just as reasonable they are in on it together and Teo convinced Marques' cousin to take the fall for a portion of his coming NFL payday.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 18, 2013, 01:41:24 PM »
Sounds like this scumbag has done this to others as well. People that do this crap should just kill themselves, seriously. rough ridin' garbage human beings

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 18, 2013, 01:42:05 PM »
Sounds like this scumbag has done this to others as well. People that do this crap should just kill themselves, seriously. rough ridin' garbage human beings

says a poster on goEMAW.com

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 18, 2013, 01:42:56 PM »

How much time do you get for killing a fake person?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 18, 2013, 01:43:10 PM »
So you guys think Te'o really believed she was the love of his life even though they never met? Why even talk about a girlfriend on national TV that you have never met? And she was in the hospital in CA when he went home. No way he would just stop by for a day or two before going home?

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 18, 2013, 01:44:41 PM »

says Steve Dave's friend on goEMAW.com

fyp

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 18, 2013, 01:45:11 PM »
So you guys think Te'o really believed she was the love of his life even though they never met? Why even talk about a girlfriend on national TV that you have never met? And she was in the hospital in CA when he went home. No way he would just stop by for a day or two before going home?

people are weird, dude.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 18, 2013, 01:45:45 PM »

here's what most people seem to think is the real story:

te'o had a relationship online and on the phone with a woman.  he liked her.  she "died."  he made it a bigger thing then it was.  the media ate it up.  he noticed that, and kept digging a hole and getting deeper and deeper. 

as unbelievable as this story is, it's a fairly believable theory.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 18, 2013, 01:46:10 PM »

How much time do you get for killing a fake person?
Maybe they give you the fake death penalty.  :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 18, 2013, 01:46:29 PM »

yeah, eff people giving Te'o a free pass. He's an attention whore piece of crap who was in on it, and is a gigantic piece of crap even if he wasn't (he is).

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 18, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »

yeah, eff people giving Te'o a free pass. He's an attention whore piece of crap who was in on it, and is a gigantic piece of crap even if he wasn't (he is).

Completely agree.

The amount of detail he gave in the Thamel interviews from SI was enough for me.

"Oh yeah, she went to a coma after the accident and before the cancer and almost died too, I think I forgot to tell you that."

Give me a break.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 18, 2013, 01:51:06 PM »

Manti Te'o
Rebounded w/ ACTUAL Girl
After Fake GF 'Died'

EXCLUSIVE

Manti Te'o quietly began dating an actual living, breathing female human being ... shortly after he learned "Lennay Kekua" had died from cancer ... and the rebound chick is HOT ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Manti tell us ... the Notre Dame star met Alexandra del Pilar the weekend of November 10 -- when Notre Dame played Boston College.

Alexandra, 21, is a student at St. Mary's College in Indiana -- which is close to Notre Dame.

We're told Alexandra and Manti dated for nearly 2 months, but broke up recently.   

There are rumors swirling that Manti created a fictitious GF to take the pressure off him from teammates and others who felt he should be dating, but his relationship with a real woman calls those rumors into doubt..

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 18, 2013, 01:51:58 PM »
In retrospect, how did it take so long to come out that it was fake?

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 18, 2013, 01:53:25 PM »
In retrospect, how did it take so long to come out that it was fake?

A month and a half, supposedly Te'o knew December 6th and told ND on Dec 26th

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 18, 2013, 01:56:18 PM »
I bet he had to lie to his new GF all the time when his dead GF came up in convo.  How awkward. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 18, 2013, 01:56:23 PM »
Good collection of memes. Some reposts, but also some LOLs.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football/manti-teo-meme/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:36:08 PM by mocat »

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 18, 2013, 02:01:07 PM »
I bet he had to lie to his new GF all the time when his dead GF came up in convo.  How awkward.

Considering he is about to earn a substantial NFL salary, I don't think she will care too much

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 18, 2013, 02:47:58 PM »

Considering he is about to earn a substantial NFL salary, I don't think she will care too much

Unless he hires someone to kill her off  :surprised:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 18, 2013, 03:52:12 PM »
Do I have to be the bad person who raises the question "did this impact Klein having a real shot at the heisman?". I haven't checked other threads but I hope I'm luking this. I mean, presumably Klein was splitting votes with a guy who had no business being on that podium. I did not see the final ballot count, I don't know if it was even close but I can't help but wonder. Sorry for being that guy but I can't help myself and I haven't seen it broached elsewhere

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 18, 2013, 03:58:21 PM »
Do I have to be the bad person who raises the question "did this impact Klein having a real shot at the heisman?". I haven't checked other threads but I hope I'm luking this. I mean, presumably Klein was splitting votes with a guy who had no business being on that podium. I did not see the final ballot count, I don't know if it was even close but I can't help but wonder. Sorry for being that guy but I can't help myself and I haven't seen it broached elsewhere

The right finalist ended up winning the award.  Even though he is a douchenozzle.
@mikec2w