Author Topic: Manti Te'o........WTF??  (Read 90122 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2013, 04:29:41 PM »
notre dame saying that manti and his family informed them on december 26 that he was the victim of a hoax

wtf, story is so weird

This isn't about any hoaxes.  Clearly Manti was just gay with the dude running the account.  It was a way for them to be all lovie dovie in public without being outed as mommies.  Sometimes being secretly gay in public has its downside.  I say if you want to bang a dude, then bang you a fuckin dude and let those chips fall where they may.

That would still be a hoax, but it isn't the least believable thing.  Also, why kill the girl off and use it to further your story?
:adios:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »
LOL at the media that pressed his story so hard without even looking into it in the least.

This is what I dont understand. How lazy do these journalists have to be to never do any research on his GF that "died".
Well, Fitz is a relatively wealthy cfb journalist. So I think that tells you all you really need to know about cfb journalists.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2013, 04:31:26 PM »
Time to dig up grandma

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2013, 04:32:08 PM »
The chiefs are going to draft him in like, the fourth round now.

Maybe he'll get a second sympathy bump for having been catfished.  Guys he's just too trusting and honest to have figured it out.  So he still gets credit for playing through his fake girlfriend's death and now he's the victim here.  Could he profit from this too?  Stay tuned folks.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2013, 04:33:41 PM »
Even if Manti was the victim of a hoax, why did he go along with it rather than expose it?  He still looks bad, right?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2013, 04:34:16 PM »
he is definitely in on it

he has personally claimed to have actually met her
he has personally claimed to have talked to her on the phone

LOL @ proper authorities though, unless she got money out of him there is nothing close to a crime happening.

Offline ManBearTurkey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2013, 04:34:58 PM »
Best roast beef sandwich ever.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »
Even if he wasn't in on it, HE NEVER MET THE GIRL......like EVER

But he was in on it, garbage human being

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2013, 04:35:46 PM »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »
Best roast beef sandwich ever.

get out of here D Scott  :shakesfist:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2013, 04:35:59 PM »
It's not a hoax.  I mean, the story references them visiting each other and stuff.  The story is they met in person not online.  He is in on it, or he made her up to cover up his relationship with a d00d, like a Ricky Martin song.  She doesn't bang, but Ricky sure thinks he does.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2013, 04:36:39 PM »
It's not a hoax.  I mean, the story references them visiting each other and stuff.  The story is they met in person not online.  He is in on it, or he made her up to cover up his relationship with a d00d, like a Ricky Martin song.  She doesn't bang, but Ricky sure thinks he does.

its still a hoax, its just that he is a perpetrator.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2013, 04:37:39 PM »
well, yeah, I meant one wasn't perpetrated on him as per ND's statement

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2013, 04:37:45 PM »
Brett McMurphy ?@McMurphyESPN
This is real: San Diego State remains in MWC, will not join Big East

:lol:
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »
I guess it is possible he is a super dumb and gullible catfish victim, and he was really internet in love with her but he made up lies about meeting her and talking to her so no one would make fun of him for having an internet girlfriend he has never met or shared voices with.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »
notre dame saying that manti and his family informed them on december 26 that he was the victim of a hoax

wtf, story is so weird

This isn't about any hoaxes.  Clearly Manti was just gay with the dude running the account.  It was a way for them to be all lovie dovie in public without being outed as mommies.  Sometimes being secretly gay in public has its downside.  I say if you want to bang a dude, then bang you a fuckin dude and let those chips fall where they may.

That would still be a hoax, but it isn't the least believable thing.  Also, why kill the girl off and use it to further your story?

There's a lot of pressure on football players not to be openly gay.  Maybe they realized their forbidden love was too risky for Manti's career and they decided it would be romantic to end their relationship by publicly killing it.  Meaningful symbolism here for those guys.  They're entitled to mourn the loss of their love 8mp.  Media support was just an unintended benefit.  He still suffered and played through it.  Even steven then? :dunno:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2013, 04:39:55 PM »
lol gay mormon catholic school football player

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2013, 04:40:08 PM »
How do you defend him if you're a ND fan?? Pretty sure you can't

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2013, 04:41:23 PM »
My goodness I am glad we had Collin Klein at K-State. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2013, 04:41:59 PM »
Now playing Notre Dame would have hurt the image of our program

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2013, 04:43:28 PM »
Someone should make a ND meltdown thread...

irisheyes Micturates on Bucks
6408 posts this site
 Posted: Today 4:47 PM

Re: Manti's girlfriend was a hoax?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you serious?  I hope you both get banned.  To even repeat such non sense.  Dead spin needs to be shutdown and Im not joking.  You really think they would make up that kind of lie?  What kind of journalism Is this?
Roar like a Wildcat, Fight like an Irishman!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »
#teamHollyRowe

Holly Rowe
@sportsiren
Regardless of the truth of this Manti Te'o situation. Excellent reminder for journalists to research and confirm everything diligently.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 04:44:05 PM »
Remembering Lennay Kekua, Before the Biggest Game of Manti Te'o's Life   

All she wanted were white roses.

Lennay Kekua, the longtime girlfriend of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o, passed away on September 11, 2012 after losing an extended battle with leukemia.

Prior to her passing, the 22-year-old Stanford student made her boyfriend promise two things: that he wouldn’t miss any football because of her condition, and that he give her a bouquet of white roses after she was gone.

The news of Kekua’s death was one of two staggering emotional blows the talented linebacker and Heisman Trophy candidate experienced this season, and both of them occurred on the exact same day in September within the span of a few hours.

Six hours after hearing his grandmother Annette Santiago had died of cancer, Te’o was hammered with the news that Kekua had also passed, knocking out yet another pillar of strength for an already emotionally devastated young man.

How It Began: Kekua met Te’o during her freshman year at Stanford, and within a year the two were steadily dating and vacationing together in Hawaii, where Te’o was raised. Both were unaware of Kekua’s condition until she was involved in a serious car accident her sophomore year, and testing during her recuperation period in the hospital spotted cancerous cells in her blood.

Devastated but not destroyed, Te’o drew on the strength and courage Kekua had shown in her final months and continued to play on through his period of mourning—keeping his final promise to her and taking the field against Michigan on September 22, the day of Kekua’s funeral. Te’o told reporters:

I knew when they were going to close the casket, It was during walkthrough. I remember I asked Coach [Bob] Diaco, "Coach, what time is it?" And he said "It’s 12:01."

That would be 9:01 California time, and nine o’clock is when they closed the casket for my girlfriend. So I had a moment then.

Te’o would go on to make eight tackles and snag two interceptions against the Wolverines in front of a crowd of Notre Dame fans, many of whom wore Hawaiian leis in support of their star player whose whole life had been turned upside down in the past week.

Te’o “sent” his two interceptions to Kekua, along with a single bouquet of white flowers he had placed on her grave.

“It was possibly the hardest thing I’ve had to do so far,” said Te’o. “To be able to operate and continue with my daily routine while knowing I just lost two women who I truly love.”

Te’o’s continued excellence at linebacker this season established him as a Heisman frontrunner and helped elevate Notre Dame’s football team to a 12-0 record and the No. 1 ranking in the land.

Tonight Te’o and the Fighting Irish look to extend that record to a perfect 13-0 and beat the Alabama Crimson Tide for the program’s first national title since 1988.

Win or lose, I think we all know Lennay Kekua will be smiling down on the Irish tonight, and Te’o will do his very best to honor her for his last time in the blue and gold of Notre Dame.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »
Whats the ND board? I'd love to read the meltdown

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2013, 04:45:04 PM »
hey guys we really need to post awesome things here that delusional Notre Dumbs post on their boards about this, okay? tia.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12