Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 367021 times)

Offline nhumphre

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #2125 on: October 18, 2012, 04:37:32 PM »
had K-State played in the Little East through the 90's and 2000's, we would have at least 20 BCS bowls under our belt.  FACT!

One thing to win the Big East. Another to beat Georgia, Oklahoma, and Clemson to actually be called BCS champions. Maybe you guys will find out one day. :crossfingers:

Typical let down games.  Once good teams miss out on the NC and find out they are playing such a scrubby opponent they decide it would be best to play their fresh/sophs to get them game experience for a chance to play for a NC the next year.  That is why we lost to Arkansas last year in the Cotton Bowl.

Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays out for them.
Sistermamas and coal.. oh and 3 BCS wins

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 18, 2012, 04:38:19 PM »
Unblemished now not disrespecting that ........ LHC LHC Bill Snyder is legit .... Not BCS winning legit but I mean give the guy a break he is at Kansas State.. Not much to work with at all .... Program went to crap when he left once and will happen again

I feel like we are talking in circles at this point.  Didn't we establish that our program was driven into the ground because we hired Snyder's replacement from WVU?

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 18, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »
Unblemished now not disrespecting that ........ LHC Bill Snyder is legit .... Not BCS winning legit but I mean give the guy a break he is at Kansas State.. Not much to work with at all .... Program went to crap when he left once and will happen again

To get back to the topic of this thread, our SOS takes a hit when we have to play Big East teams, which affects our BCS rating detrimentally  :frown:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 18, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »
Ok, so I decided to listen anyway.

Here's the deal, Western Virginia fans.  Nobody is scared of "Morgantown."

All I hear are constant threats about how people will be killed.  Guess what? 

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN SATURDAY.  Nobody will be touched.  WV will be the laughingstock of the country (like normal)

I mean if you went you'd probably get killed, but in general, yes.

I could walk right up to any redneck yokel in morgantown, tell them that i'm a goEMAW poster and that i think they suck, and nothing would happen.  They might yell or say foul things, but that's it.  I get it worse on here than I'd get there. 

In summary, yes, I am calling every single student/fan of Western Virginia a huge pussy.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 18, 2012, 04:41:49 PM »

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN SATURDAY.  Nobody will be touched.  WV will be the laughingstock of the country (like normal)

I could walk right up to any redneck yokel in morgantown, tell them that i'm a goEMAW poster and that i think they suck, and nothing would happen.  They might yell or say foul things, but that's it.  I get it worse on here than I'd get there. 

In summary, yes, I am calling every single student/fan of Western Virginia a huge pussy.

once you tell them you're a wedding photographer though, it's all over.

Offline nhumphre

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: October 18, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »

Cool man.  :thumbsup:
Sistermamas and coal.. oh and 3 BCS wins

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Excuse me!
« Reply #2131 on: October 18, 2012, 04:42:50 PM »

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 18, 2012, 04:43:29 PM »

I am US Senator from WV(and so Klan you!)

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 18, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
Does playing with my balls hurt the image in your head?
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 18, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »

once you tell them you're a wedding photographer though, it's all over.

i guarantee that they think photographs steal people's souls and put them on that magic paper

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 18, 2012, 04:47:35 PM »
had K-State played in the Little East through the 90's and 2000's, we would have at least 20 BCS bowls under our belt.  FACT!

One thing to win the Big East. Another to beat Georgia, Oklahoma, and Clemson to actually be called BCS champions. Maybe you guys will find out one day. :crossfingers:

Typical let down games.  Once good teams miss out on the NC and find out they are playing such a scrubby opponent they decide it would be best to play their fresh/sophs to get them game experience for a chance to play for a NC the next year.  That is why we lost to Arkansas last year in the Cotton Bowl.

Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays out for them.

:lol:

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: October 18, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
  Are your balls thin-skinned?  Your answer may determine my response.

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 18, 2012, 04:49:55 PM »
  Are your balls thin-skinned?  Your answer may determine my response.

Paper thin.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 18, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »
West Virginia fans try to figure out the internet:

guys, we're not funny :frown:

lmao, its hilarious to hear the posts read in a monotonous tone.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 18, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »
Not going to lie. If any WVU "fan" assaults a random KState fan over stuff on the internet they should probably be forcefully castrized by the government for their inability to take a joke...or in their case be a joke

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: October 18, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
I have a serious question for all of our new West Virginia friends.  If you all are not a bunch of racists, then why in God's name did you all elect and keep re-electing a former "Exalted Cyclops" of the Ku Klux Klan to the United States Senate for 51 years?   :dunno:

Former Democratic Senator Robert "Sheets" Byrd served as a U.S. Representative from 1953 until 1959 and as a U.S. Senator from 1959 to 2010. He was the longest-serving senator and the longest-serving member in the history of the United States Congress.

Do you guys feel a sense of shame for that at all?  I mean, I consider the guy to be a national disgrace, but apparently you guys agreed with his sentiments since you kept on re-electing him.  Very sad indeed.

Ku Klux Klan

In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan.[10]

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "Suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."  Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops. When it came time to elect the "Exalted Cyclops", the top officer in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.

In 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
    —Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944

In 1946 or 1947, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."

:opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat:

Disgusting.

Offline KSUKnobJockey

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: October 18, 2012, 04:53:22 PM »
WOW QUICKLY KSU KNOB JOCKEY NATION! BASH THAT LAST POST! QUICKLY GOOGLE IRRELEVANT FACTS!
I don't see anything wrong with dobber's post.

IS IT TOO DIFFICULT TO DISTINGUISH WVU POSTS FROM KSU POSTS NOW? THATS THE MOST FACT FILLED POST ON THIS BOARD NOW AND IT IS FROM A WVU FAN. SEEMS KSU KNOB JOCKEY NATION NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AND FIND SOME NEW ARGUMENTS.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!

:grin:

ISN'T HE SAYING THAT HE NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD SINCE HIS SN IS KSUKNOBJOCKEY?  WEIRD

WELL YOUR READING AND FOLLOWING MY POSTS, SO YOU ARE PART OF MY NATION. I FIGURED IF I'D STOOP TO THE LEVEL OF A KSU FAN I MIGHT AS WELL FIND MYSELF A CRAFTY NICKNAME AND IMPERSONATE A KSU FAN. I MEAN WE ALL ARE JUST HERE WASTING TIME TALKING crap, RIGHT? NOW GET OUT THERE AND FIND ME MORE FACTS FR@CK.

P.S. I LIKE YOUR CLEVER DRILLING NAME, YOU KNOW THE SAME PEOPLE YOU BASH FOR MINING ARE THE SAME PEOPLE RUNNING DRILLING OPERATIONS TOO? WHERE DO YOU THINK THE JOBS ARE WHEN THE MINING ISN'T THERE? YOU FALL INTO THE SAME CATEGORY WHICH WOULD BE AN ENERGY INDUSTRY LABORER. DON'T PUFF YOUR CHEST OUT TOO MUCH, YOU MIGHT SPROUT A 3RD BOOB FROM DRINKING THAT BRINE WATER.

:fatty:

YOUR NOT IMPERSONATING A KSU FAN VERY WELL BY SIGNING YOUR POSTS WITH GO COALAGGIE...   :nono:

I, GOOD SIR, AM NOT AN ENERGY INDUSTRY LABORER.   :kstategrad:

SO YOUR JUST IMPERSONATING BEING PART OF THE ENERGY INDUSTRY? FR@CK YOU! AHAHAHAHA I'M SO CLEVER!

:facepalm:

I UNDERSTAND IT NOW...BY USING THE NAME FR@CK ME YOU WANT SOMEONE TO PROBE AND EXTRACT GAS FROM YOU. SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR THE KSU MASK, OR I'M SURE YOU COULD ASK ONE OF THESE OTHER KSU FANS...THEY SEEM CONFUSED ANYWAY IM SURE SOME CONVINCING WOULD WORK!

Offline KSUKnobJockey

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: October 18, 2012, 05:00:28 PM »
HI GUYS! I FOUND THIS POST AGAIN!!!

People, people, people. Coming from West Virginia I readily admit we have some backwoods brethren, but their our brethren nonetheless and proud Mountaineers. Now, I've heard some classless banter before, but at least it was from folks who knew our program and had well-established rivalries, but you simply reply on unintelligent conjecture and . To try to start a rivalry with us with demeaning stereotypes of our people and state is small-minded and lacks the creativity you would find in a 6th grader.  Let me provide some actually and factually fodder . . . .

WVU Record – Winning
With a 706–458–45 record, West Virginia has the 14th most victories amongst NCAA FBS programs - ever.

K-State Record - Losing
Historically, the team has an all-time losing record, at 475–613–41.

So that puts you right around 92nd place. So I am starting to understand your barbs stem from a massive inferiority complex. But why stop the comparison there?

Let’s compare our towns.

I believe several of you may have called our town a redneck, backwoods crap hole. So let’s look at the recent recognition and awards each of our towns have received over the past few years – shall we?

Awards for Morgantown, WV
2012 "America's Top College Towns"
2011 "America's Top College Towns"
2010 Forbes "Best Small Places For Business And Careers" #10
2010 "America's Top College Towns"
2009 Forbes "Best Small Places For Business And Careers" #3
2008 "Best Walking City in West Virginia", "34th Best in Country" (out of 500) by Prevention magazine & American Podiatric Medical Association
2007 Morgantown Named One of "Dozen Distinctive Destinations" by National Trust for Historic Preservation
2007 Forbes "Best Small Places for Business and Careers" #9
2006 Forbes "Best Small Places"#5

Awards for Manhattan, KS
2011 "Best Small Communities for a Business and Career.
2007 “Ten best places in America to retire young.”

Best place to retire young . . . sounds like a great time is had by all in Manhattan. I want to go to school in a place named the best place to retire young! I bet your sophomores are already starting to look like soccer moms. And since our town is a crap hole and has basically 5 times the awards Manhattan, does that mean your town is 5 times the crap hole you describe Morgantown to be?

Curious. . . .

And have no doubt - The Mountaineer Nation will be ready.

AND BEFORE YOU GO CALLING WEST VIRGINIA FOLK PUSSIES AND START RAVING THAT MACHO FIGHT TALK....SIT BACK, LOOK IN THE MIRROR, UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE USING AN ANONYMOUS TOOL TO TALK crap ON THE INTERNET AND PROTECTING YOUR IDENTITY. GOOD JOB TOUGH GUY!

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 18, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »

batshit crazy

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 18, 2012, 05:01:15 PM »
we're so utterly unhinged

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: October 18, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »

caused me to lol pretty loud in the library.

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: October 18, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »
Unblemished now not disrespecting that ........ LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is legit .... Not BCS winning legit but I mean give the guy a break he is at Kansas State.. Not much to work with at all .... Program went to crap when he left once and will happen again

To get back to the topic of this thread, our SOS takes a hit when we have to play Big East teams, which affects our BCS rating detrimentally  :frown:

great point.  win or lose we're definitely going to take a hit in the rankings this week.  when you factor in the safety concerns, i don't see how we can go ahead with this game.

the question that remains is, will WV's black sheep status in the NCAA rub off on us in the long run?  Look at how they dragged down VaTech and Miami in the late 90s, those schools got out at their first opportunity but will probably never recover.  The only team held in higher regard than K-State, Notre Dame, turned down Big East invites year after year to avoid this exact problem.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: October 18, 2012, 05:10:32 PM »
pretty hilarious these 'Neers (<-wtf) think posting records is a good bbs posting strategy, and their record is worse than ours, doesn't make sense.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: October 18, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »

caused me to lol pretty loud in the library.
yeah, didn't think i'd laugh during that podcast, but i laughed SEVERAL times

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: October 18, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »
It's sad they've lost their senses of humor.  :cry: