Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 367031 times)

Offline KSUKnobJockey

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #2025 on: October 18, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
WOW QUICKLY KSU KNOB JOCKEY NATION! BASH THAT LAST POST! QUICKLY GOOGLE IRRELEVANT FACTS!

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: October 18, 2012, 02:53:50 PM »
@mikec2w

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: October 18, 2012, 02:53:55 PM »
People, people, people. Coming from West Virginia I readily admit we have some backwoods brethren, but their our brethren nonetheless and proud Mountaineers. Now, I've heard some classless banter before, but at least it was from folks who knew our program and had well-established rivalries, but you simply reply on unintelligent conjecture and . To try to start a rivalry with us with demeaning stereotypes of our people and state is small-minded and lacks the creativity you would find in a 6th grader.  Let me provide some actually and factually fodder . . . .

WVU Record – Winning
With a 706–458–45 record, West Virginia has the 14th most victories amongst NCAA FBS programs - ever.

K-State Record - Losing
Historically, the team has an all-time losing record, at 475–613–41.

So that puts you right around 92nd place. So I am starting to understand your barbs stem from a massive inferiority complex. But why stop the comparison there? 

Let’s compare our towns. 

I believe several of you may have called our town a redneck, backwoods crap hole. So let’s look at the recent recognition and awards each of our towns have received over the past few years – shall we?

Awards for Morgantown, WV
2012 "America's Top College Towns"
2011 "America's Top College Towns"
2010 Forbes "Best Small Places For Business And Careers" #10
2010 "America's Top College Towns"
2009 Forbes "Best Small Places For Business And Careers" #3
2008 "Best Walking City in West Virginia", "34th Best in Country" (out of 500) by Prevention magazine & American Podiatric Medical Association
2007 Morgantown Named One of "Dozen Distinctive Destinations" by National Trust for Historic Preservation
2007 Forbes "Best Small Places for Business and Careers" #9
2006 Forbes "Best Small Places"#5

Awards for Manhattan, KS
2011 "Best Small Communities for a Business and Career.
2007 “Ten best places in America to retire young.”

Best place to retire young . . . sounds like a great time is had by all in Manhattan. I want to go to school in a place named the best place to retire young! I bet your sophomores are already starting to look like soccer moms. And since our town is a crap hole and has basically 5 times the awards Manhattan, does that mean your town is 5 times the crap hole you describe Morgantown to be?

Curious. . . .

And have no doubt - The Mountaineer Nation will be ready.

READ: Can't even afford bikes....

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: October 18, 2012, 02:54:07 PM »
WOW QUICKLY KSU KNOB JOCKEY NATION! BASH THAT LAST POST! QUICKLY GOOGLE IRRELEVANT FACTS!
I don't see anything wrong with dobber's post.

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: October 18, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »
 :peek: is it safe?

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Excuse me!
« Reply #2030 on: October 18, 2012, 03:00:34 PM »
Lemmings, I tell you.

Offline Phuckstate

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: October 18, 2012, 03:03:55 PM »
Didn't you guys get beat by Syracuse(Big East) in the Pinstripe Bowl?  That must have done wonders for you "image".   

Offline KSUKnobJockey

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: October 18, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »

IS IT TOO DIFFICULT TO DISTINGUISH WVU POSTS FROM KSU POSTS NOW? THATS THE MOST FACT FILLED POST ON THIS BOARD NOW AND IT IS FROM A WVU FAN. SEEMS KSU KNOB JOCKEY NATION NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AND FIND SOME NEW ARGUMENTS.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!

:grin:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: October 18, 2012, 03:05:26 PM »
Is this Milan Puskar fella as awesome at football as LHC Bill Snyder?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milan_Puskar

This is all I could find on the guy. He kinda gives me the creeps.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: October 18, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »

IS IT TOO DIFFICULT TO DISTINGUISH WVU POSTS FROM KSU POSTS NOW? THATS THE MOST FACT FILLED POST ON THIS BOARD NOW AND IT IS FROM A WVU FAN. SEEMS KSU KNOB JOCKEY NATION NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AND FIND SOME NEW ARGUMENTS.

ISN'T HE SAYING THAT HE NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD SINCE HIS SN IS KSUKNOBJOCKEY?  WEIRD

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Excuse me!
« Reply #2035 on: October 18, 2012, 03:06:41 PM »
123 pages and still going strong. People are coming out of the woodwork to snag themselves on your hooks.

Its a vicious circle, and some of these clowns keep perpetuating it.
 :facepalm:

Don't take it too hard.  An Arkansas News station actually did a story on not paying attention to us before the Cotton Bowl and all it did was make more crazies sign up. 

It is what it is.  For instance, I am not even worried about something as blatant as this post slowing it down.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: October 18, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »
Did you know if you google "West Virginia fans" the first thing it suggests is "throws batteries ". No lie. Check it out. These ppl are scum.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: October 18, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »
Didn't you guys get beat by Syracuse(Big East) in the Pinstripe Bowl?  That must have done wonders for you "image".   

Syracuse couldn't possibly be in the Big East.  They beat the crap out of West Virginia last year.  That's something only an SEC team can do.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: October 18, 2012, 03:08:57 PM »
Did you know if you google "West Virginia fans" the first thing it suggests is "throws batteries ". No lie. Check it out. These ppl are scum.
Search Western Virginia Fans and look at the 4th thing down, lol.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: October 18, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: October 18, 2012, 03:12:47 PM »
0 of these are socks.

I trust no one  :dubious:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: October 18, 2012, 03:14:49 PM »

also on the list "attack lsu", "behavior", "worst."  wow did nobody research them before allowing coal aggies to cover our reputation in soot.  they are the black lung of the Big12

Offline KSUKnobJockey

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 18, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »

ISN'T HE SAYING THAT HE NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD SINCE HIS SN IS KSUKNOBJOCKEY?  WEIRD

WELL YOUR READING AND FOLLOWING MY POSTS, SO YOU ARE PART OF MY NATION. I FIGURED IF I'D STOOP TO THE LEVEL OF A KSU FAN I MIGHT AS WELL FIND MYSELF A CRAFTY NICKNAME AND IMPERSONATE A KSU FAN. I MEAN WE ALL ARE JUST HERE WASTING TIME TALKING crap, RIGHT? NOW GET OUT THERE AND FIND ME MORE FACTS FR@CK.

P.S. I LIKE YOUR CLEVER DRILLING NAME, YOU KNOW THE SAME PEOPLE YOU BASH FOR MINING ARE THE SAME PEOPLE RUNNING DRILLING OPERATIONS TOO? WHERE DO YOU THINK THE JOBS ARE WHEN THE MINING ISN'T THERE? YOU FALL INTO THE SAME CATEGORY WHICH WOULD BE AN ENERGY INDUSTRY LABORER. DON'T PUFF YOUR CHEST OUT TOO MUCH, YOU MIGHT SPROUT A 3RD BOOB FROM DRINKING THAT BRINE WATER.

:fatty:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: October 18, 2012, 03:16:27 PM »
this is my favorite thing to do.  I imagine the idiots squinting really hard or trying to figure out how to zoom in with netscape navigator.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 18, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »

Now I see what you guys were trying to tell me about the mask making us look bad.   :cry:

Offline PorkChop Express

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 18, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »
People, people, people. Coming from West Virginia I readily admit we have some backwoods brethren, but their our brethren nonetheless and proud Mountaineers. Now, I've heard some classless banter before, but at least it was from folks who knew our program and had well-established rivalries, but you simply reply on unintelligent conjecture and . To try to start a rivalry with us with demeaning stereotypes of our people and state is small-minded and lacks the creativity you would find in a 6th grader.  Let me provide some actually and factually fodder . . . .

WVU Record – Winning
With a 706–458–45 record, West Virginia has the 14th most victories amongst NCAA FBS programs - ever.

K-State Record - Losing

So that puts you right around 92nd place. So I am starting to understand your barbs stem from a massive inferiority complex. But why stop the comparison there? 

Let’s compare our towns. 

I believe several of you may have called our town a redneck, backwoods crap hole. So let’s look at the recent recognition and awards each of our towns have received over the past few years – shall we?

2008 "Best Walking City in West Virginia", "34th Best in Country" (out of 500) by Prevention magazine & American Podiatric Medical Association
2007 Morgantown Named One of "Dozen Distinctive Destinations" by National Trust for Historic Preservation

Awards for Manhattan, KS

Best place to retire young . . . sounds like a great time is had by all in Manhattan. I want to go to school in a place named the best place to retire young! I bet your sophomores are already starting to look like soccer moms. And since our town is a crap hole and has basically 5 times the awards Manhattan, does that mean your town is 5 times the crap hole you describe Morgantown to be?

Curious. . . .

I bet your sophomores!!

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 18, 2012, 03:19:13 PM »

Now I see what you guys were trying to tell me about the mask making us look bad.   :cry:

According to KC Resident, we already look bad but one of us wears a mask.  :shakesfist:

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 18, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »

Offline KSUKnobJockey

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 18, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
READ IT ONE MORE TIME FOLKS!

WVU Record – Winning

K-State Record - Losing

Let’s compare our towns. 

Awards for Manhattan, KS

Curious. . . .

I bet your sophomores!!

475–613–41 (A FANBASE IS SERIOUSLY PROUD OF THIS RECORD?)

SURE LOOKS LIKE A JOKE OF A TEAM TO ME

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 18, 2012, 03:23:46 PM »
Our team hasn't played that many games!  :curse: