Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 366958 times)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #1650 on: October 18, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »
Let me just say that I am completely disgusted with what I see here on this message board. Whether it's joking or not, it's in poor taste and downright disrespectful. However, it is amusing at the same time because I know none of you would have the audacity to approach me personally and say it to my face this weekend in Morgantown, WV. Our school has been enthused to be a part of the Big 12 conference and treated Baylor with the utmost respect last month. Now, I am going to think twice about being such a warm welcome wagon to a bunch of ignorant individuals who lack mannerisms and intelligence as far as I can see. Learn to spell, use proper grammar and have valid points to make before you decide to open your mouth.

Also, I encourage you to google my name. Nicole Lemal. As you can see, I have all my teeth, am very educated and successful and am proud to be a West Virginian and WVU graduate. I hope none of you run into me this weekend, if you make the trip to our wonderful state. I can say I am no longer looking forward to it from this 'rude awakening.'

congrats on the marathon thing.

Hmm, I don't see anything about her running a marathon.

Well she cleverly put 262 (marathons are 26.2 miles) in her name.  Then if you Google her name you get all this stuff about running and marathons.  Apparently in Boston she couldn't take the heat.  I guess she will be more prepared next time.

Nope, still not seeing it.  She seems pretty modest aboit it and not making it her identity.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 18, 2012, 10:17:17 AM »
Let me just say that I am completely disgusted with what I see here on this message board. Whether it's joking or not, it's in poor taste and downright disrespectful. However, it is amusing at the same time because I know none of you would have the audacity to approach me personally and say it to my face this weekend in Morgantown, WV. Our school has been enthused to be a part of the Big 12 conference and treated Baylor with the utmost respect last month. Now, I am going to think twice about being such a warm welcome wagon to a bunch of ignorant individuals who lack mannerisms and intelligence as far as I can see. Learn to spell, use proper grammar and have valid points to make before you decide to open your mouth.

Also, I encourage you to google my name. Nicole Lemal. As you can see, I have all my teeth, am very educated and successful and am proud to be a West Virginian and WVU graduate. I hope none of you run into me this weekend, if you make the trip to our wonderful state. I can say I am no longer looking forward to it from this 'rude awakening.'

congrats on the marathon thing.

Hmm, I don't see anything about her running a marathon.

Her screenname gives it away as well as the photos on the google search.   Although it appears that she does in fact have most of her teeth, it appears that they are none too straight...   Probably a function of all the inbreeding that goes on in the backwoods.

bears are fast...

Offline WildcatsdieinWV

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 18, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »
It's a FACT that no one wanted to bring West Virginia into either the ACC or the SEC, because of this very problem...they lower the image of any conference they belong to.

Why did they let them into the Big 12.  Great question.

The answer is that we have such huge college football brand names in Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma, AND so few existing low-image programs (obviously Baylor is the issue here with the drug scandal and death in Men's basketball, but that's not football).  So, we could take a gamble. 

Is it paying off?  Another good question.

The answer is clearly "NO."  They are national joke after losing so badly to Tech.  What little they brought to the conference is now gone, and we are simply left with a school with a horrible academic and social reputation that has really poor athletic teams. 

This whole West Virginia thing has been a complete disaster.
You guys are stuck so far up your own asses you have become delusional.  Kansas State has zero tradition.  BCS victories:  WVU - 3  "K-State" - 1  You're about to catch a rude awakening Saturday.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 18, 2012, 10:18:34 AM »

That 60's-era building on the right just says "LIBRARY".  Is that crap for real?  That's like putting a sign up that says "STADIUM" or "OFFICE".  Seems very unlikely for a Division I university to have something like that on campus. 

Offline Louis Freed

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 18, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
Dear EMAW, this is your only warning.  Back the eff off.  I do not want to go to West Virginia for a couple weeks to investigate this.  Repeat, back the eff off.  If I have to personally visit that hole to sort this thing out, I will not be friendly in my final report. 

This is not meant as a threat.  I don't roll that way.  I simply want you to know that I have been preliminarily contacted by the NCAA to look into the literally thousands of crayon-written letters that they have received from West Virginia residents.  I can only decipher approximately 20% of them, but it appears something nefarious is happening here and that it could be punctuated with violence this weekend in that hellhole. 

Offline SoonerInjun

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 18, 2012, 10:20:41 AM »
Solid work on the hillbilly hazing fellas, I am entertain.

PS. Your forum hurts my eyes. There's this new fangled thing called XenForo software. Maybe upgrade from this fisher price format?
Heres a link to forum software demos.        http://www.forum-software.org/

Has anyone asked them where all their dogs sleep after the couch burning, seems cruel to do that to their secondary food source.

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 18, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
You guys are stuck so far up your own asses you have become delusional.  Kansas State has zero tradition.  BCS victories:  WVU - 3  "K-State" - 1  You're about to catch a rude awakening Saturday.

what is it with these people and sticking things up our asses.  the rumors really are true...

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 18, 2012, 10:22:01 AM »
It's a FACT that no one wanted to bring West Virginia into either the ACC or the SEC, because of this very problem...they lower the image of any conference they belong to.

Why did they let them into the Big 12.  Great question.

The answer is that we have such huge college football brand names in Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma, AND so few existing low-image programs (obviously Baylor is the issue here with the drug scandal and death in Men's basketball, but that's not football).  So, we could take a gamble. 

Is it paying off?  Another good question.

The answer is clearly "NO."  They are national joke after losing so badly to Tech.  What little they brought to the conference is now gone, and we are simply left with a school with a horrible academic and social reputation that has really poor athletic teams. 

This whole West Virginia thing has been a complete disaster.

You have a very hateful screen name, doesn't make me feel safe for this weekend.   :ohno:

Guys, has anyone looked into buckshot proof vests for this weekend....

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 18, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »
You guys should see this:
http://www.facebook.com/wvumountaineers?ref=stream
And btw its WEST VIRGINIA not Western Virginia. We seceded from Virginia in 1861 during the Civil War because we didn't want slaves in our states. #EducateYourselves

Lol, check out their homecoming court.

Spoiler alert: Little person in the back is the King.

Guy on far right is sporting one of the new tailless coonskin caps.  Trendsetter.

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 18, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »
the only positive things about the gun threats for this weekend is that muskets take a really long time to reload, so there is plenty of time to get away if they miss

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: October 18, 2012, 10:24:44 AM »
You guys should see this:
http://www.facebook.com/wvumountaineers?ref=stream
And btw its WEST VIRGINIA not Western Virginia. We seceded from Virginia in 1861 during the Civil War because we didn't want slaves in our states. #EducateYourselves

Lol, check out their homecoming court.

Spoiler alert: Little person in the back is the King.

Guy on far right is sporting one of the new tailless coonskin caps.  Trendsetter.

they call that the #hillbillyblowout

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 18, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »
wow, this thread got weird while i was having breakfast.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 18, 2012, 10:27:19 AM »
wow, this thread got weird while i was having breakfast.

Yeah.  Bowtie guy in the power stance there is freaking me out.   :sdeek:

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 18, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »
Clicking through all the pages in this thread is like running a marathon, no?

I'm exhausted.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 18, 2012, 10:31:12 AM »
Guys, please don't get sucked in by this NicoleRuns262, it is obviously not her.  Someone picked a semi-public figure: low-level, award-winning reporter, chose a username that seemed specific enough to be her.  Quit creepily posting pics of this girl.  Have a little self-respect and internetting ability.
:adios:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: October 18, 2012, 10:33:07 AM »
Guys, please don't get sucked in by this NicoleRuns262, it is obviously not her.  Someone picked a semi-public figure: low-level, award-winning reporter, chose a username that seemed specific enough to be her.  Quit creepily posting pics of this girl.  Have a little self-respect and internetting ability.

This

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Excuse me!
« Reply #1666 on: October 18, 2012, 10:34:26 AM »
I want a national apology from the school for the moronic behavior of it's fans that seem to be all talk and have n true knowledge of WV...so sad...it would be easy for me to say you are all corn fed and have suffered major head injuries from all your tornadoes...but I won't stoop to this level of lowness! SHAME ON YOU ALL!

Thanks for hijacking my thread.  :facepalm:

She is too:

:adios:

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 18, 2012, 10:35:36 AM »

This

I can't speak for the other guys.  I was just impressed with how cute that dog was.  I mean for such an underprivileged part of the U.S. I expected their dogs to be decrepit and covered in soot.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 18, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »
I am dissapoint.  No corn cob pipes?

CHUCK! 

I feel partly responsible for his appearance here...  Can you get Merle to post?

:pray:

bears are fast...

Offline WildcatsdieinWV

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 18, 2012, 10:36:19 AM »
K-State fans are completely delusional, you have zero tradition.  Coming into Morgantown is going to improve your image.  Whoever talks about visiting Manhattan, Kansas?? Nobody! Exactly.  Your tradition is this:  Over the past 10 years you have made it to 5 Bowl games winning 1 of them in 2002 and it was the "Holiday Bowl".  In those 4 losses 2 of them you were housed by Big East Schools that WVU tore apart each year.  You have compiled a record of 71-54 with a 1-4 bowl record.  WVU on the otherhand has a 95-33 record over the past 10 years with reaching a bowl game in EVERY year.  They reached 3 BCS games DOMINATING every single one of them including YOUR Big 12 Conference champ at the time Oklahoma in 2007.  So, I am going to go out on a limb and say it is going to improve your image coming to Morgantown.  In fact it may suprise you how beautiful the campus is.  On a last note, your are from the State of Kansas and the only notable things to come out of there are Dorothy and Todo.  LET'S GOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 18, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »
Slow down guys I'm at page 47 and have some real work to do to day it may take me all day to catch up to speed here.  There is so much  :facepalm: ITT.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 18, 2012, 10:37:16 AM »
K-State fans are completely delusional, you have zero tradition.  Coming into Morgantown is going to improve your image.  Whoever talks about visiting Manhattan, Kansas?? Nobody! Exactly.  Your tradition is this:  Over the past 10 years you have made it to 5 Bowl games winning 1 of them in 2002 and it was the "Holiday Bowl".  In those 4 losses 2 of them you were housed by Big East Schools that WVU tore apart each year.  You have compiled a record of 71-54 with a 1-4 bowl record.  WVU on the otherhand has a 95-33 record over the past 10 years with reaching a bowl game in EVERY year.  They reached 3 BCS games DOMINATING every single one of them including YOUR Big 12 Conference champ at the time Oklahoma in 2007.  So, I am going to go out on a limb and say it is going to improve your image coming to Morgantown.  In fact it may suprise you how beautiful the campus is.  On a last note, your are from the State of Kansas and the only notable things to come out of there are Dorothy and Todo.  LET'S GOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS.

I'll say this much, incorporating death threats into your username is kinda creative.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 18, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
Only a matter of time until Fred Phelps shows up here.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: October 18, 2012, 10:39:03 AM »
Only a matter of time until Fred Phelps shows up here.

:peek:

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 18, 2012, 10:39:55 AM »
Guys, has anyone seen 'clams lately?  :runaway:

Really makes you wonder.