Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 367108 times)

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #1075 on: October 17, 2012, 06:05:40 PM »
now they're just making stuff up, how do you combat that

Offline StanimalKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 17, 2012, 06:06:12 PM »
So....will it?? :runaway:

Offline Onetoothed Hillbilly

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 17, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
This thread has made for an entertaining afternoon at work... to that I thank you!  (Though I'm still not sure what this whole EMAW thing is... and it does show the class of the "superior" in the Big 12)

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 17, 2012, 06:06:51 PM »
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 17, 2012, 06:07:39 PM »
maybe you should go back to grade school and learn some basic geography

:shakesfist:

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: October 17, 2012, 06:08:04 PM »
This thread has made for an entertaining afternoon at work... to that I thank you!  (Though I'm still not sure what this whole EMAW thing is... and it does show the class of the "superior" in the Big 12)

Eat More Ag Whoooooop

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 17, 2012, 06:08:35 PM »
If I was a Kansas state fan I would be ashamed of this. Show some maturity and respect, oh an maybe some knowledge.  For those of you that dont know, West Virginia is already a state so maybe you should go back to grade school and learn some basic geography, we are NOT part of Virginia. Also, our QB is Geno SMITH not not Geno Cook. AND out coach, Dana Holgerson, came from the big XII, 6 years at Texas tech and a year at Oklahoma, he is not the Virginia coach who had the thing on his face. Once again? Show some respect and stop pulling lies and bullshit out of your asses. Lets go Mountaineers!

Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #1082 on: October 17, 2012, 06:08:52 PM »
THE SHOCKER! :)

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 17, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »
As a current WVU student and past resident of Kansas, I find the posts in this thread appalling. Don't even try to convince yourselves you are trolling, because even (decent) trolls are more intelligent than most of these posts. Let me set something straight: Football is a GAME. Yes, the way students conduct themselves after and during games here is disgusting and I hate it just as much as the next guy, but it does not warrant the ignorant and disgraceful posts that have been made here. Step away from the keyboard and go study or something.

And yes, FWIW I am posting from WV (now you can't feel special anymore).

I love how he himself notes his disgust with the terrible behaviour exhibited by coal aggie fans on game day, but instead of wanting to promote a discussion on changing behaviors in a broken culture, he wants us to stop pointing it out and pretend they are better then they are.

Thats how things like Penn State happen my friend. Sunshine is natures bleach, just gotta bring it to light.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 17, 2012, 06:10:45 PM »

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 17, 2012, 06:11:52 PM »
Guys, after much contemplation and study on my part I have come to understand how wrong I have been in this thread about playing West Virginia.  It won't tarnish our image at all to meet them on the gridiron, as a matter of fact it will enhance it.  Apparently I have gotten the wrong impression about the Mountaineers and their fair state and I think it's about that time in this thread to reveal the truth.  Behold:

Here are real West Virginia business people taking time out of their busy day to reflect on the skyline of Morgantown, a metropolis of successful and attractive people.

Here is wvgirl12 earning that $80,000 a year at her successful doctor job.  Ignore the stock photo watermark.

A group of young fit energetic adults in Huntington enjoy a friendly neighborhood game of polo.  Ignore the San Diego sign.

As you can see, if you look past your purple-colored glasses and learn more about these misunderstood people you will find much to like, and many similarities to build friendships based on common bonds and respect.

Thank you.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 17, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »
If I was a Kansas state fan I would be ashamed of this. Show some maturity and respect, oh an maybe some knowledge.  For those of you that dont know, West Virginia is already a state so maybe you should go back to grade school and learn some basic geography, we are NOT part of Virginia. Also, our QB is Geno SMITH not not Geno Cook. AND out coach, Dana Holgerson, came from the big XII, 6 years at Texas tech and a year at Oklahoma, he is not the Virginia coach who had the thing on his face. Once again? Show some respect and stop pulling lies and bullshit out of your asses. Lets go Mountaineers!

You know less about your coach than you think you know

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 17, 2012, 06:14:48 PM »
is mccoyaggie gonna stick around as long as the pigaggies?

that's what i want to know
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 17, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »

That would be OKLAHOMA STATE so in yo' face!

Offline EERFAN64MIKE

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 17, 2012, 06:16:18 PM »
Nice perception of West Virginia.. Have you guys heard this through the preverbial grapevine or have you personally experienced West Virginia and its residents? I don't think I could ever be so cruel to ridicule as you guys have. I know this is a select few posting on the internet, but you're absolutely embarassing your state, your University and the athletic dept. I respect LHC Bill Snyder and his football program, I just wonder if he'll appreciate the bulletin board material you guys are supplying. Since you blue bloods feel you are too elite to even step foot in Morgantown, let me be the first to welcome you to the great State of West Virginia and all its wild Wonderful beauty. Behold, you will be stepping into GODS country, afterall West Virginia is Almost Heaven. Good Luck to you KSU Wildcats, and I sincerely mean that.   :cheers:

Offline Onetoothed Hillbilly

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 17, 2012, 06:16:24 PM »
Guys, after much contemplation and study on my part I have come to understand how wrong I have been in this thread about playing West Virginia.  It won't tarnish our image at all to meet them on the gridiron, as a matter of fact it will enhance it.  Apparently I have gotten the wrong impression about the Mountaineers and their fair state and I think it's about that time in this thread to reveal the truth.  Behold:

Here are real West Virginia business people taking time out of their busy day to reflect on the skyline of Morgantown, a metropolis of successful and attractive people.

Here is wvgirl12 earning that $80,000 a year at her successful doctor job.  Ignore the stock photo watermark.

A group of young fit energetic adults in Huntington enjoy a friendly neighborhood game of polo.  Ignore the San Diego sign.

As you can see, if you look past your purple-colored glasses and learn more about these misunderstood people you will find much to like, and many similarities to build friendships based on common bonds and respect.

Thank you.

Grew up in WV, Graduated from WVU, and live in San Diego... Doesn't take the Blue and Gold out of my blood!  Once a Mountaineer, always a Mountaineer!!! 

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 17, 2012, 06:17:12 PM »
Grew up in WV, Graduated from WVU, and live in San Diego... Doesn't take the Blue and Gold out of my blood!  Once a Mountaineer, always a Mountaineer!!!

See, folks.  A true success story.   :gocho:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 17, 2012, 06:36:25 PM »
Nice perception of West Virginia.. Have you guys heard this through the preverbial grapevine or have you personally experienced West Virginia and its residents? I don't think I could ever be so cruel to ridicule as you guys have. I know this is a select few posting on the internet, but you're absolutely embarassing your state, your University and the athletic dept. I respect LHC Bill Snyder and his football program, I just wonder if he'll appreciate the bulletin board material you guys are supplying. Since you blue bloods feel you are too elite to even step foot in Morgantown, let me be the first to welcome you to the great State of West Virginia and all its wild Wonderful beauty. Behold, you will be stepping into GODS country, afterall West Virginia is Almost Heaven. Good Luck to you KSU Wildcats, and I sincerely mean that.   :cheers:

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 17, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »
Well this thread escalated quickly someone give me a recap.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: October 17, 2012, 06:38:42 PM »

See, folks.  A true success story.   :gocho:
Managed to fight and claw his way out of the hills of West Virginia to the sunny beaches of San Diego.  Maybe he bought his house from my highly successful Aunt who is a KState grad and real estate agent that sells lots for more than most houses go for in West Virginia.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 17, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
Well this thread escalated quickly someone give me a recap.

Iowa State is full of creepy weird dumbos.

Offline wikipatrick

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 17, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »
If someone turns the channel to the game they could get the impression that we're another Big East team like Pitt or Western Michigan or something.  Then they'd see West Virginia's funky flat gray helmets and Under Armour uni's and think we're some gimmicky arena league and change the channel.

I'm kinda worried this might happen.

Not to be "that guy" but uhm Western Michigan is NOT in the Big East and WVU wears Nike uniforms

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 17, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »
If someone turns the channel to the game they could get the impression that we're another Big East team like Pitt or Western Michigan or something.  Then they'd see West Virginia's funky flat gray helmets and Under Armour uni's and think we're some gimmicky arena league and change the channel.

I'm kinda worried this might happen.

Not to be "that guy" but uhm Western Michigan is NOT in the Big East and WVU wears Nike uniforms

oh look, wikipedia has sent someone to "edit" our posts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #1099 on: October 17, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »

Citation needed.