Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 366917 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #325 on: October 17, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
KittyClaws, how would you know about what the east coast thinks? You're from WEST Virginia. :lol: I mean seriously, you can't make this stuff up people.

Offline StanimalKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 17, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »
WVU's best chance to win a NC was when they had Michael Vick and Randy Moss.  /Thread

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 17, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »
Oh man, some of you need to head to the K-State mask video comments.  There are some really angry people who are not aware of K-State's recognizable program and are unaware that the only reason they won all of those games in the Big East is because they had a superstar receiver named Randy Moss carrying them...

Offline StanimalKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 17, 2012, 10:45:53 AM »
Will someone, anyone, please, give KittyClaws a clue. I can't do it. I really, reeeeally hope its just a terrible sock. Give this guy to Dobbie.

:billdance: :cheers:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 17, 2012, 10:48:16 AM »
anybody want to weigh in on this? i know my answer and it is yes. everyone here knows that i never wanted these toothless mouth breathing hillbillies in the conference to begin with and now we have to play them this weekend.

would it be better to just forfeit? i mean yeah it would give us a loss and take us out of the national championship picture, but it might be the best call in the long run. i don't want our rep tarnished. we've spent far too many years building it up to be in line with the notre dame and alabamas of the world to be playing this game. just my opinion though i guess.

Part of me wants to hope this post is a big joke to get WVU fans worked up.  Another part of me can't help to think if you're posing a serious question that you and any fan that agrees with your statement has got to the DUMBEST people I have ever known.

Really though...forfeiting a game?  You would seriously forfeit a game just to avoid coming to Morgantown?  What reputation do you have to tarnish?  Im going to let you in on a little secret...no one on the east coast gives a !@#$%$#@ about Kansas St.!

Do you really think KittyState belongs with the Bama's and ND's of the world?  Before reading these posts, I didnt know much about K-State but I at least repsected you.

As an Illinois person with no affiliation to KSU, I can confirm KSU's national reputation as a dominant football program.  I hadn't ever heard of any Virginia directional schools' football programs.  Literally never.  Not a peep.  Also, upon consulting a map, I'm positive that Lesser Virginia or Second Virginia, or whatever the heck you call it, doesn't have any coasts, let alone an east coast.  Pretty certain that your "east coast" is the real Virginia.  Basically what I'm saying is that I don't think any true east coast elites, who do in fact enjoy and highly respect KSU cats' football, would be rushing to appoint you as their representative in college football matters, considering you live in what is for all intents and purposes Virginia's outhouse. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 17, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
Might look better on TV if we could get their coach to wear a hat.

As long as Billy wears his respirator!

Not sure how that helps anybody's image and it sounds kinda like a mean thing to say. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 17, 2012, 10:49:44 AM »
So this is where our guests are. :D
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 17, 2012, 10:51:58 AM »
KittyClaws, how would you know about what the east coast thinks? You're from WEST Virginia. :lol: I mean seriously, you can't make this stuff up people.

yeah. my brother and his wife have lived in DC (technically bethesda) for the last ten years or so. when i told him we were playing west virginia, he said oh blacksburg huh? good luck they're good. then i had to explain that we weren't playing the school in western virginia but that there was an actual state named west virginia and that we were playing them. he didn't believe me and had to google it.

Offline WVUfan1919

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 17, 2012, 10:57:25 AM »
Yes that's right I am a mountaineer fan. I read your little blog and all I have to say is really? How do you know so much about what it is like here? Have you ever been here? How can you sit there in Kansas never having visited us and say these horrible things? If you would take the time to do some research you would find that actually we are one of the top cities in growth and profit. We have a beautiful campus and a lot of great people in this town. Yes we have a financially diverse community, and yes we do burn couches, but we are all people. Every school has there traditions, some not as respectful as others but please don't judge our entire state off of certain people's behaviors.

In conclusion if you think just playing us is in some way going to give you a disease or hurt your "image" then you are sadly mistaken. Just give us a chance to show you we are not what you think we are, "mouth breathing hillbillies"

Thank you

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 17, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »
LOL, he called it a blog.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline rflray20

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 17, 2012, 10:59:51 AM »
To the person who started this thread: I congratulate you. Not only did this thread go off topic, but you claimed that this program is "ours". From what I know (I'm not very knowledgeable about football or football conferences), the Big 12 is an athletic conference consisting of twelve schools in the Central United States. Not "a program consisting of Kansas State". So, fixing that would suffice.
Being from WVU, and West Virginia, I don't appreciate the rudeness and immaturity of some people on this thread. It's good to have a desire to win, and even possibly some spite against us, but what isn't acceptable is bashing a state you don't even know about.
I just wish there was some sportsmanship and class coming from a school like this; it makes you all look bad.

That's all I have to say; if anyone has anything to say to me, go ahead.

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 17, 2012, 10:59:59 AM »
 :users:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 17, 2012, 11:00:25 AM »
Yes that's right I am a mountaineer fan. I read your little blog and all I have to say is really? How do you know so much about what it is like here? Have you ever been here? How can you sit there in Kansas never having visited us and say these horrible things? If you would take the time to do some research you would find that actually we are one of the top cities in growth and profit. We have a beautiful campus and a lot of great people in this town. Yes we have a financially diverse community, and yes we do burn couches, but we are all people. Every school has there traditions, some not as respectful as others but please don't judge our entire state off of certain people's behaviors.

In conclusion if you think just playing us is in some way going to give you a disease or hurt your "image" then you are sadly mistaken. Just give us a chance to show you we are not what you think we are, "mouth breathing hillbillies"

Thank you

You sound hot. Do you have a pic?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 17, 2012, 11:00:38 AM »
LOL, he called it a blog.

Oh, leave the poor guy (double meaning) alone. The internet is still new to them.

Offline KittyClaws

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 17, 2012, 11:00:50 AM »
For those of you you who might not know I grew up in the white trashy, methheadish state of Missouri, Lee's Summit to be specific. Well back in the day, Lee's Summit used to have what they called Cole Younger Days. Then some semi educated decent person protested the celebration of a murder and outlaw and the townfolk got together and changed the name to "Old Timey Days" or something like that.

Now get this, I googled the state of "West Virginia" and was taken to the division of tourism. What do you think was the first thing to pop up? No, you didn't guess right. It was a whole thing about The Hatfields and McCoys. Can you believe these inbreds. Any decent, civilized folk would be running from a history of vigilante murders. Hell even the methheads in Missouri can realize the errors in their judgement.

Guys, I think if they weren't blantantly racist and hated brown people, they would be pro-taliban and the talibans tribal, vigilante justice system.

No no we hate black people...browns are cool

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 17, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »

Thank you

roughly every week PBS or NPR do another Frontline special about how all West Virginians are toothless, uneducated, meth addicted poors who work in coal mines to buy their "fix". your secret is out cletus, you can't hide it any longer.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 17, 2012, 11:01:42 AM »
To the person who started this thread: I congratulate you. Not only did this thread go off topic, but you claimed that this program is "ours". From what I know (I'm not very knowledgeable about football or football conferences), the Big 12 is an athletic conference consisting of twelve schools in the Central United States. Not "a program consisting of Kansas State". So, fixing that would suffice.
Being from WVU, and West Virginia, I don't appreciate the rudeness and immaturity of some people on this thread. It's good to have a desire to win, and even possibly some spite against us, but what isn't acceptable is bashing a state you don't even know about.
I just wish there was some sportsmanship and class coming from a school like this; it makes you all look bad.

I'm sorry, how many schools are in the Big 12?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 17, 2012, 11:01:42 AM »

Thank you

We don't like "period" talk around here, but they are supposed to go at the ends of sentences.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 17, 2012, 11:02:25 AM »

Thank you

Never thought I'd see the day that someone could out-bitter Kansans on being defensive about their home state.

Bristling at Dorothy and Toto/flat/featureless/tornados/Bob Dole/Wizard of Oz jokes: OVER AND DONE WITH

Congrats.   :thumbs:

Offline StanimalKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 17, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »

Hello...I respect you coming on here to say that.  Waiting for that dial-up internet and the time it took to establish a connection and post that could not have been easy. 

Back on topic, going to a nowhere place like West Virginia, do we need to worry about the health of our team?  I read online somewhere they still have polio and smallpox there and last year had one report of the plague.  The plague?  Really?

I just think it might be better for the health of our team to stay away from a place like that.  How the Vick brothers got out of WVU with their health is beyond me.  A loss via forfeit would hurt our record and NC chances but no need to take an unnecessary risk.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 17, 2012, 11:07:01 AM »
I don't appreciate the rudeness and immaturity of some people on this thread. It's good to have a desire to win, and even possibly some spite against us, but what isn't acceptable is bashing a state you don't even know about.

We'll do whatever the eff we want, what now [redacted]?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 17, 2012, 11:08:19 AM »

Quote from: Personal Message from rflray20
I'm sorry, did I not answer that?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 17, 2012, 11:09:24 AM »
 :lol:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 17, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »
Wait...West Virginia is a state?  I thought it was just half of another state.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2012, 11:11:16 AM »

Quote from: Personal Message from rflray20
I'm sorry, did I not answer that?

:lol: