Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 367113 times)

Offline StanimalKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »
Man, this is what we get for bringing cupcakes into the Big 12.  We might as well have brought in Memphis, Western Michigan, and Northern Illinois.

Do they even have helmets that have facemasks?  Or are they such a joke of a school that they still wear leather helmets?

I say the latter...  :shakesfist:

Offline KittyClaws

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
Also, I read online that there are no hate crimes there.  Like, if they see a gay guy, they can just beat him up or whatever.  Terrible.

Are you serious?  Is that a real statement? DO you honestly believe that??  What an idiot

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2012, 10:13:57 AM »
Also, I read online that there are no hate crimes there.  Like, if they see a gay guy, they can just beat him up or whatever.  Terrible.

Are you serious?  Is that a real statement? DO you honestly believe that??  What an idiot

kitty claws, welcome to the board!

Is it true that west virginia has never been in the top 25 polls, like, ever?  I find that hard to believe, but that's what the newspapers down here are saying.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »

Is it true that west virginia has never been in the top 25 polls, like, ever?  I find that hard to believe, but that's what the newspapers down here are saying.

that's a common misconception. they haven't been in the top 25 SINCE their plane crash. not all time.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2012, 10:16:12 AM »

There are some real dum  dums here, Kitty. Don't sink to their level.

Offline StanimalKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »

If it's on the internet, it's gotta be true

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2012, 10:23:17 AM »
I heard the Western part of Virginia was thinking about breaking off an becoming it's own state. Is that true? If so, how long of process do you think that will be? Do you think it will help with in-state recruiting since you won't be competing against Virginia Tech and Virginia for the same guys?

Offline KittyClaws

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »
when people think of ksu cats football, they immediately think of legendary head coach LHC LHC Bill Snyder and our decade + of dominance, and BCS games, i.e.- the big boys of college football ('bama, usc, ksu, nd, etc)

when people think of west virginia, i don't think they associate it with anything but maybe the head basketball coach bob huggins.

so when we play against them, they don't see anything on the wvu sideline and they see a college  football blue blood on our sideline.
Yeah but some of West Virginias wins came with Vick at the helm and we all know he got kicked out of college for shooting dogs and being a bad person and crap so those wins should come with an asterisk. Isn't he still in jail?

I think you're mixing this up, but im to lazy to google for confo.

As I recall Mike Vick did kill dogs and was generally considered a bad person but was allowed to stay cause he won games and made coal aggie feel important. Marcus was his brother and generally considered a good To great person, but was kicked off WVU s squad for not winning every game. If you will Marcus was like a dog who lost a few fights, so coal aggie put him down.

I think your right about Marcus being in jail, as I recall that story it was a massive miscarriage of justice because West Virginia is full of vigilates who could care less about facts, order, and law.

Actually you are both completely wrong.  The Vicks went to Virginia Tech...not West Virginia.  You do know West Virginia and Virginia are two different states?  I figured a big fancy Kansas education would have taught you we have 50 states!

that's a common misconception. they haven't been in the top 25 SINCE their plane crash. not all time.

The plane crash was Marshall.  Really? Never been in the top 25 polls? ever? Do you guys even follow college football?  We started #11 preseaosn this year. 

Offline KittyClaws

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »
I keep refreshing the page hoping for a WV fan to respond but then I think to myself... Do they even have the internet there?  :confused:

why yes we do!

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2012, 10:27:52 AM »
I've been to West Virginia. Roanoke is a fantastic town.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2012, 10:28:31 AM »
KittyClaws,

I looked up the preseason polls and Marshall was not anywhere on the list, especially not #11.

what gives? 

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2012, 10:29:39 AM »
This guy who commented on the K-State mask video is mad...

Even more hilarious than this video is a thread on K-State's website saying that they shouldn't play WVU because it will hurt their image. lol That they worked to hard to become like the "Notre Dames and Alabamas of the world" lmao. You do realize that Wvu has more BCS bowl wins than K-State(especially recently), and that WVU is also the ''winning-est'' college team without a National Title.? Sit down kitties; you're having delusions of grandeur.

Offline StanimalKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2012, 10:31:43 AM »
This guy who commented on the K-State mask video is mad...

Even more hilarious than this video is a thread on K-State's website saying that they shouldn't play WVU because it will hurt their image. lol That they worked to hard to become like the "Notre Dames and Alabamas of the world" lmao. You do realize that Wvu has more BCS bowl wins than K-State(especially recently), and that WVU is also the ''winning-est'' college team without a National Title.? Sit down kitties; you're having delusions of grandeur.

Oh geez, it's bad enough we're playing WVU, now we're comparing ourselves to hacks like Notre Dame and Alabama???

:facepalm:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 17, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
also, what's the deal with their coach and that big goiter thing he has on the side of his face/neck or whatever. that thing is gross. anybody know what it is and if it's contagious?

Well if you piad any attention to college football in the last 25 years you would notice the coach with the goiter is Frank Beamer who coaches Virginia Tech....not WVU.

so we didn't even the get the goiter guy's team to join the conference? we got the worser of the two directional virginia schools? crap, this is worse than i thought.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:37:36 AM by rick daris »

Offline StanimalKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2012, 10:35:44 AM »
also, what's the deal with their coach and that big goiter thing he has on the side of his face/neck or whatever. that thing is gross. anybody know what it is and if it's contagious?

Well if you piad any attention to college football in the last 25 years you would notice the coach with the goiter is Frank Beamer who coaches Virginia Tech....not WVU.

so we didn't even the get the goiter guy's team to join the conference? we got the worser of the two directional virginia schools? crap, type this is worse than i thought.  :facepalm:

West Virginia wasn't too bad when Randy Moss was there though. :thumbsup:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 17, 2012, 10:37:08 AM »

On the site, there seemed to be a bunch of West Virginians that thought that hate crimes were ok.  I think thats terrible.  Don't push your West Virginia politics on me, man.  I am against hate crimes and thats just not going to change.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 17, 2012, 10:37:47 AM »
Aren't they a Commonwealth?  Does that mean they fought on the British side of the Revolution?  Why should we (American team) be associated with that?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 17, 2012, 10:37:57 AM »
I've always kind of like WVU. Especially after they knocked off KU in the elite 8 a couple years ago.

Offline KittyClaws

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 17, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »
anybody want to weigh in on this? i know my answer and it is yes. everyone here knows that i never wanted these toothless mouth breathing hillbillies in the conference to begin with and now we have to play them this weekend.

would it be better to just forfeit? i mean yeah it would give us a loss and take us out of the national championship picture, but it might be the best call in the long run. i don't want our rep tarnished. we've spent far too many years building it up to be in line with the notre dame and alabamas of the world to be playing this game. just my opinion though i guess.

Part of me wants to hope this post is a big joke to get WVU fans worked up.  Another part of me can't help to think if you're posing a serious question that you and any fan that agrees with your statement has got to the DUMBEST people I have ever known.

Really though...forfeiting a game?  You would seriously forfeit a game just to avoid coming to Morgantown?  What reputation do you have to tarnish?  Im going to let you in on a little secret...no one on the east coast gives a !@#$%$#@ about Kansas St.!

Do you really think KittyState belongs with the Bama's and ND's of the world?  Before reading these posts, I didnt know much about K-State but I at least repsected you. 

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 17, 2012, 10:39:41 AM »
rick daris may be dumb but I think it's a bit harsh to say the DUMBEST.   Show some class.  :dubious:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:23 AM »

On the site, there seemed to be a bunch of West Virginians that thought that hate crimes were ok.  I think thats terrible.  Don't push your West Virginia politics on me, man.  I am against hate crimes and thats just not going to change.

it never ceases to amaze me sometimes what kind of agendas people on the east coast think they can push over onto good, honest, hard working midwesterners. hate crimes are hate crimes plain and simple and should never be tolerated.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:53 AM »
anybody want to weigh in on this? i know my answer and it is yes. everyone here knows that i never wanted these toothless mouth breathing hillbillies in the conference to begin with and now we have to play them this weekend.

would it be better to just forfeit? i mean yeah it would give us a loss and take us out of the national championship picture, but it might be the best call in the long run. i don't want our rep tarnished. we've spent far too many years building it up to be in line with the notre dame and alabamas of the world to be playing this game. just my opinion though i guess.

Part of me wants to hope this post is a big joke to get WVU fans worked up.  Another part of me can't help to think if you're posing a serious question that you and any fan that agrees with your statement has got to the DUMBEST people I have ever known.

Really though...forfeiting a game?  You would seriously forfeit a game just to avoid coming to Morgantown?  What reputation do you have to tarnish?  Im going to let you in on a little secret...no one on the east coast gives a !@#$%$#@ about Kansas St.!

Do you really think KittyState belongs with the Bama's and ND's of the world?  Before reading these posts, I didnt know much about K-State but I at least repsected you.

I love you, Kitty Claws.  Have you ever been to Arkansas?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 17, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »
Some racist who has a daughter who is either a moron or a liar:

[quoteThis thread has now vaulted to the level of being the second dumbest thread ever, with all the racist stuff, second only to the posts about difference in income level between the states.

But I am going to weigh in here.

I have lived in a lot of states, and visited most of the rest of them. I now live in SC.

As I was growing up back in the 1970's, while the south was still fighting over whether to treat African-Americans as human beings or not, in my Vienna, WV neighborhod, there were several inter-racial marriages and our next door neighbors (who were white) adopted a black child, and NOBODY GAVE ANY OF THIS SECOND THOUGHT! This was in the early 1970's.

My daughter, who is of mixed race, is now 24 years old and was raised here in SC, lived in New York City for two years. She is very familiar with West Virginia and South Carolina because she has family in both places. She says that the MOST racist place she has EVER seen is New York. Racism there isn't between black and white only. It's between Jewish, Chinese, Black, White, Hispanic, you name it. Jewish only hire Jewish people, Chinese only hire Chinese, etc, etc, and so forth. New York isn't a melting pot. It's a bunch of lumps of people that won't blend floating around in a pot.

There is racism everywhere and anyone who says it doesn't exist where they are is stupid. Yes, it's in NY, in SC, in WV, it's everywhere.

However, in my experience, and my daughter's experience, West Virginia is one of the least racist places.

In fact, the very reason West Virginia even exists is because of the Civil War and the issues surrounding that war.

Halfway through the Civil War, a portion of the state of Virginia decided to break away from the Conderacy and join the Union effort. Thus, Abraham Lincoln declared WV a separate state from Virginia in 1864. But, isn't it ironic that uninformed people always seem to claim that West Virginia is a racist state, but you don't hear those same people talking about Virginia, the portion of the state that stayed with the Conderacy! Virginia, NOT West Virginia, continued to fight FOR slavery. West Virginia fought with the North, against the Conferacy, AGAINST slavery and the issues surrounding that war.

Get your facts straight KANS-bad person][/quote]

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2012, 10:41:53 AM »
Will someone, anyone, please, give KittyClaws a clue. I can't do it. I really, reeeeally hope its just a terrible sock. Give this guy to Dobbie.

Offline KittyClaws

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »
Might look better on TV if we could get their coach to wear a hat.

As long as Billy wears his respirator!