Author Topic: Ring of Honor  (Read 16754 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Ring of Honor
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »
Nice! :bill:
:adios:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 10:26:04 AM »
rd, I think that was a fairly common practice fwiw

well i don't think it was fwiw

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1017189/index.htm

Maybe even microwaved

Granted, this is the NFL, but probably safe to say that NCAA kickers used doctored balls too.

that's a pretty neat article but it's also pretty different from what kstate was doing at the time.

kstate would supply ball boys for home games and they would all wear bright green big8 t-shirts. the ball boys were all townie highschool fball players. during a very specific and very cold iowa state night game that was on espn and had snow and sleet, etc. one of the ball boys was given a very specific task to put a ball in a heater type thing and then insert it into the game only when kstate had to punt. the espn sideline guy even asked and questioned the townie kid about what he was doing but he no commented the guy. they didn't offer this to iowa state and i'm reasonably sure that this wasn't common at all during that time frame. funny though and i loved bill for it.
SCHEMED

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 10:30:53 AM »
Criteria should be:  All time best players, who had biggest impact on KSU Football.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:02 AM »
Criteria should be:  All time best players, who had biggest impact on KSU Football.

yeah, we know. unfortunately the criteria made was:

How can we get Sean up there while keeping most people from being up there?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »
freemaw better be put up there before any other loser mentioned in this thread

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 10:45:39 AM »

And the solution was "Bill, why don't you just arbrtrarily choose who gets in"

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 10:47:55 AM »

And the solution was "Bill, why don't you just arbrtrarily choose who gets in"

yeah daddy claxton. that was clearly the only other alternative.  :facepalm:

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »
Definitely not saying there weren't dozens of ways to do it. I'm saying the criteria is whatever Bill says it is.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 11:43:31 AM »
So what is keeping Bish out, again?

Offline PurpleSleezyE

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 11:44:40 AM »

Wrong. 

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »

Bishop was 1st Team All-American according to Sporting News and Football News publications. Perhaps it has to be a specific organization like Football Writers Association or something similar.....

edit to say he fumbled.
elitist since 1994

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 11:54:14 AM »

Bishop was 1st Team All-American according to Sporting News and Football News publications. Perhaps it has to be a specific organization like Football Writers Association or something similar.....

edit to say he fumbled.

does bishop have a ksu degree? i think that's one of the criteria. not 100% sure, but that's what i think keeps out people that any normal person would say should be in. will/might keep out freemaw?

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
The Ring of Honor is designed to recognize those in the football program who have distinguished themselves on and off the field. Among the criteria considered is graduation from Kansas State with a student-athlete having been out of school for at least five years, quality of character, whether the person is an excellent representative of K-State and whether a person has achieved performance that warrents consensus All-America level status at Kansas State University.

http://kstatesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080702aaa.html

Bishop hold up is he has not Graduated for K-State
RIP Fatty

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »

Tries too hard to be edgy

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »
The Ring of Honor is designed to recognize those in the football program who have distinguished themselves on and off the field. Among the criteria considered is graduation from Kansas State with a student-athlete having been out of school for at least five years, quality of character, whether the person is an excellent representative of K-State and whether a person has achieved performance that warrents consensus All-America level status at Kansas State University.

I'm pretty sure Bishop graduated, actually.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
I can think of about a billion people that met those qualifications harder than sean snyder

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 01:34:11 PM »

TNew must have gone up there the second he was eligible. They need to get Darren and Jordy up there.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 01:36:04 PM »
So, we need to give Bish an honorary degree on Friday night, then a place in the Ring Sat morning at halftime.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 01:39:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure Bishop graduated, actually.

I know for a fact he did not walk or graduate in the class of 98. Could have come back and got his degree after the fact however.
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »

TNew must have gone up there the second he was eligible. They need to get Darren and Jordy up there.

They wait till they have a group to do at once. Of the players not up there yet that I think are eligible I think Jordy and Darren are the only ones left off.
RIP Fatty

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 01:43:56 PM »

They wait till they have a group to do at once. Of the players not up there yet that I think are eligible I think Jordy and Darren are the only ones left off.

Jordy just graduated 4 years ago

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »
There should be an exception to all the RULEZ that if you are a national award winner and heisman finalist, no other criteria is required...clearly you have done something right.

Others that should be considered:

1. Sproles duh
2. Jeff Kelly
3. Andre Coleman
4. Chris Canty

I'm sure there are some others I forgot about.  And I'm sure one or more of the four I mentioned have eligibility issues, but they are all more than adorable enough to be up there.
Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »
After doing some checking Bishop my now finally have his K-State degree. So Bishiop should be going up in the next class along with Jordy and Darren.

Bishop now lives in his hometown of Willis, Texas, where he is coaching at nearby The Woodlands Christian Academy, plus he is finishing his final three-hour course in philosophy that will complete his K-State degree.

"It's taken too many years (for his degree), but I was busy trying to make a living playing football," said Bishop. "I'm proud that I'm going to finish."

http://www.kstatesports.com/blog/2010/10/bishop-comes-home.html
RIP Fatty

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 01:52:32 PM »
the fact that while at new england bishop taught tom brady everything he knows, often goes overlooked. the reality is brady was riding the pine behind bishop while bishop tutored his apprentice (brady).  bishop, realizing he could make more money in the canadian league (no taxes, etc), stepped aside and made it possible for brady to become a serviceable nfl journeyman. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012, 02:06:38 PM »
I'm just speculated here, but I bet Bish got his degree a few years ago by utilizing our fantastic Second Wind program of continuing education at Kansas State University. The Ring of Honor requirements state a student-athlete must be 5 years removed from graduating.

Let's say he finally stopped playing for the Canadian Geese Argonauts in 2005, went back to Texas and dicked around for awhile, and finally Bishop decided to complete his degree by using the Second Wind Program in 2006. It'll take him a year to finish say May 2008. According to my calculations: Bishop should be scheduled to enter the Ring of Honor during the 2013 KSU Football season.

elitist since 1994