Author Topic: facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown  (Read 530792 times)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown
« Reply #1875 on: October 04, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »
 :lol:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: October 04, 2013, 11:16:14 AM »
My little girl is not a "Special Condition"
October 3, 2013 at 3:35pm
So I have to admit. I'm still a bit upset with something I heard last week while with Ally at school. I heard a classmate of Ally's say to her dad, "That's ____. He's real funny! And that's Ally." My heart jumped a bit with anticipation. What was she going to say? Ally is so silly. She makes really funny funny faces. She likes to dance. She likes to tell jokes. She loves to play games. She’s really nice. No. What did I hear? "She has a special condition." SHE HAS A SPECIAL CONDITION. That is how my daughter is being described? I’m going to guess that the special condition means that she can’t eat cheese at her schools. I’m going to guess that the children don’t understand that she was born with VACTERL.  But still. I don’t care if it’s just about the cheese. She’s referred to as "THE GIRL WITH A SPECIAL CONDITION."

I think my heart broke into a million pieces. Ally has so much to offer. She is the best little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse dancer. She loves to sing! She loves to run around and play games. She is the dress up queen! She can color within the lines like a pro! She has an incredibly huge heart for such a tiny little human. She makes me laugh all the time! When she knows I’m having a bad moment, she’s there, by my side, giving me hugs and kisses and telling me things will be ok.

My kid is amazing. She is one tough little cookie. You’d never know she has to sit through a morning enema, (do you know how painful and uncomfortable those can be??), then sit on a toilet for 30 min. Hopefully we remember to take her fiber gummies each morning. Then I sneak pedialax into her drinks in the mornings to help her bowel function throughout the day. She also deals with me making sure she eats the skin with her potatoes and peels on her apple every time she has either. How annoying must that be to hear each time she eats? On top of making her eat as clean as possible, fitting in 20 more grams of fiber each day. Then at night, before bed, she has to lie down and let me insert a suppository into her bottom with a dilator stick, and leave it for up to 10 minutes hoping the suppository will actually stay in. Have you ever had a rectal exam?? Not a good feeling. Imagine that every night.

You pull her shirt up and squint to see her 3, 2 inch scars, or pull her pants down to see her amazingly created anus. You don’t see a special condition. You see a girl with beautiful long brown hair. Big, loving, brown eyes and a fun, quirky smile. 33.8 lbs of joy.

Then I started wondering. What do these kids say when they see children or even adults with visible conditions?? Are we teaching our children how to properly behave when they see someone different than them? I remember when we were at Cracker Barrel for dinner one night. A child was screaming and saying lots of different words pretty loud. Jaydin turned around at him and made a “ugh, that’s annoying, stop it” face towards him. As soon as she turned around, I saw the medical bag, lots of cords, and a hearing aid type of device attached behind his ear. My heart sank. My own children have not been taught properly to be respectful towards others. But then it clicked. Many adults don’t even know how to be respectful towards others.

So, here’s my point to this big huge note. PLEASE take time once in a while to explain to your children that we are all different. We all have different “conditions” that set us apart from each other. Maybe it’s that you’re a little more over weight, or even too skinny. Maybe it’s that you have high blood pressure, or diabetes. It could be that your vision or hearing is altered. Stress fractures, heart disease, cancer, extra bones, bad cholesterol, etc etc etc. I’m sure there is something that sets you apart from the rest of us, no matter how big or small it may be. There is no reason to point to someone because they look different or yell at someone because they’re acting different. We don’t know what they have been through or are going through.

When you look up adjectives for people, “special condition” is not listed on any list. So please, help me educate our kids when it comes to our differences. I think it would make our kids lives much easier and happier.

:buh-bye:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: October 04, 2013, 11:17:15 AM »
the eff?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: October 04, 2013, 11:30:25 AM »
Holy rough ridin' hell. I don't...
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: October 04, 2013, 11:32:04 AM »
dang, ally :frown:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: October 04, 2013, 11:33:59 AM »
Abe, be sure to 'like' that post. That lady needs some validation. Do your part.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: October 04, 2013, 11:53:09 AM »
"amazingly created anus" was a very poor choice of words, but in the context of all of that, I don't think this person is molesting their kid or anything. So there's that, I guess . . .

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: October 04, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt....surely that was some auto correct error...nope. :frown:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: October 04, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »
"amazingly created anus" was a very poor choice of words, but in the context of all of that, I don't think this person is molesting their kid or anything. So there's that, I guess . . .

She was born without an anus and the doctors made her one.  It wasn't a poor choice of words, it was exactly what she meant. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 04, 2013, 12:12:52 PM »

She was born without an anus and the doctors made her one.  It wasn't a poor choice of words, it was exactly what she meant.
Maybe "surgically created anus" would have been better, I don't know that anything involving anus should be described as amazing
I'm purple down

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: October 04, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »

Maybe "surgically created anus" would have been better, I don't know that anything involving anus should be described as amazing
Could I get a ruling on 'amazing' being used with 'anal'?

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: October 04, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
Was this anus hand-crafted by simple, hard-working, honest artisans, and different from every other one?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: October 04, 2013, 12:26:13 PM »
i don't see a problem with it.  the doctors, through amazing talent and skill, created an anus for her kid.

you guys are weird

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: October 04, 2013, 12:43:29 PM »
DON'T ENGAGE!   :runaway:

yeah lopak, it's a literal zoo out there

one time i got so much crap for typing this, i almost went into a full blown wacky-style spiral of butt hurt posting

:)

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: October 04, 2013, 12:43:59 PM »
i don't see a problem with it.  the doctors, through amazing talent and skill, created an anus for her kid.

you guys are weird

You have to admit the "pull her pants down" part right before it is pretty weird.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: October 04, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »
if you took it out of context then it is odd.  but when reading the full story, it's not odd.  except that the kid is a genetic freak and can't crap on her own.   :eek:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: October 04, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »

Go for it dobs!
I'm purple down

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: October 04, 2013, 02:48:20 PM »
Sounds like that kid has a special condition.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 04, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
maybe post back telling the mom she shouldnt have drank so much during pregnancy if she didnt want a kid with a weird butthole.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: October 04, 2013, 03:03:07 PM »

Go for it dobs!
:thumbs: I figured that was safe, just wanted to be sure!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: October 04, 2013, 03:04:07 PM »
anuses are amazing, fwiw

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 04, 2013, 03:21:13 PM »
She didn't have to be so *butthurt* about it.     :D

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: October 04, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »

she's really anal about the phrase "special condition"   :D

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 05, 2013, 06:37:24 AM »

she's really anal about the phrase "special condition"   :D
having this gal for a mom sounds like it's a real pain in the ass :D

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 05, 2013, 10:02:56 AM »
He's in Manhattan this weekend.  Be careful.

crap... me and some frat bros went into a club in Junction City from Manhattan and saw my cousin's wife on the pole.

yeah, "Britney" tried to talk to me without a top, and I gave her my wind breaker, "I can't talk to you topless since we had Thanksgiving dinner together."
@lopakman