Author Topic: facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown  (Read 531023 times)

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown
« Reply #1775 on: August 25, 2013, 06:16:31 PM »
Little known fact, Fanning has mutual friends with EVERYONE on this board.

I was like, there's no way we have any mutual... oh hey, one mutual friend.

Different frat brother just posted a group picture with him on the facebook...   :surprised:  Wacky is prolific!
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 04, 2013, 09:13:49 AM »
Not hometown, but worth sharing for those that love history and irony (I think this counts as irony, right?).

Quote from: Chuck
Some of you may know my bird dog buddy Keith Hickam. He took a horseback excursion this past weekend on the Grand River in South Dakota to re-enact the ride of Hugh Glass, an early 1800's trapper who after getting severely mauled by a grizzly had to crawl & walk ca 200 miles, alone, on a broken leg through hostile indian country to safety. Little did Keith know when he began the ride, dressed and outfitted in period specific gear, that he would literally be re-creating history. Here's a thumbnail he posted this morning.

Quote from: Keith
Well, recreating the Hugh Glass ride - turned out to be more realistic than I had planned - I left late morning on Saturday and within 20 minutes was caught in a thunderstorm - waited that out in a grove of cottonwoods - once that had passed I began the ride - my plan was to ride to the headwaters of the Grand River where Hugh Glass was mauled during the era - it was a pleasant ride - two river crossings went off without a hitch - about 4-6 miles in my horse got spooked by a rattlesnake and he bucked and reared and took off like a shot - I stayed on for about 30 yds but then all hell broke loose - and I hit the ground really hard - the impact was enough to rip the stitching off my canteen cover and I ended up in a heap on the ground - extra water, bedroll, saddlebags still on my horse - whats worse I was hurt pretty bad - I suffered a concussion and broken neck - the first 3 hours of the ordeal are not clear in my mind - as I was vomiting and every time I moved my head spun and I was get dizzy and could do nothing but lay helpless on the ground - my loyal jack russell Goose stayed by my side and probably saved my life - nearly dark I heard coyotes uncomfortably close - I managed to find my rifle nearby and after checking it best I could I primed it - in case I had to defend myself against the coyotes - the night passed with me getting intermittent rest but it was a cool night - I had on two linen overshirts but not much else and the temps dipped into the low 50s - I shivered miserably all night - I came up with a plan near nightfall I was able to stand up with the help of my rifle and I determined to walk out if possible - had my horse come close enough - he would not come to me - I am sure I would have shot him just to get my bedroll and extra water and food and waited for rescue - since rescue would likely not be there for at least another 24 hrs - I had already spent 16 hours laying on the prairie - I knew if I did not walk out I would likely die out there, When daybreak came I pulled myself along and using my rifle as a walking stick took every agonizing step on my way out of there - 7 hours later I found myself on the road and at a house where someone took me to Isabel were I had signal for my cell phone my son met me in Isabel and took me to Mobridge Hospital - I spent two days getting rehydrated and my neck is in a brace - my injuries are a pretty badly messed up toe and foot and a fractured C2 vertebrea imy neck - I think after this ordeal I have a better understanding of how tough Hugh Glass was and how helpless he must have felt.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 04, 2013, 05:10:08 PM »
My liberal friend who was going to L.A. to be an Actor, is now going to South America to teach English. However, for the mean time. He's at home with his folks at the age of 27 waiting for donations from you to get him there. Instead of getting a job, he's making Star War LEGOS and posting them on FB. You can help donate to his cause on Facebook:

Help the cause! "Like" Help Send Brady to South America!

I replied with this:

Here you go: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jobs+in+Winfield%2C+Kansas

Let me google that for you
lmgtfy.com
For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than google it for themselves.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 04, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »
Served.  The deepest of deep, deep burns right there.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 04, 2013, 05:19:37 PM »
Brady probably shut down his profile after that toasting.  Scorched erf. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 04, 2013, 05:29:18 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure his head exploded after that. All his friends are liking the reply.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 04, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »
If I didn't know you better, wacky, I'd think you might be jealous of someone for following their dreams. But I know that's not what's happening here. this clown is just a pud!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 04, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »
I'm not going to post the picture but some girl is posting cropped shots of her sexy lingerie photo shoot she got for her boyfriend (of 1 year)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 04, 2013, 08:33:54 PM »
I'm not going to post the picture but some girl is posting cropped shots of her sexy lingerie photo shoot she got for her boyfriend (of 1 year)

Post the article, KK
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 04, 2013, 09:38:52 PM »
If I didn't know you better, wacky, I'd think you might be jealous of someone for following their dreams. But I know that's not what's happening here. this clown is just a pud!
If I hadn't seen him get fired from every job he's had by him sleeping in cause he was too baked, make me cover his bills in college, take 8 years to graduate college, & ear hole everyone on FB why Obama is god, I'd support him. But when you make fun of ppl who sold out for "corporate america" and then ask for their hand outs while he sits on his ass, I can't support that, but hey, you got me figured out, what do I know?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: September 04, 2013, 09:42:35 PM »

didn't happen then

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:08 PM »
I pledge $2 to the WC08 to South America fund, if you're considering starting one.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: September 04, 2013, 10:04:36 PM »
I pledge $2 to the WC08 to South America fund, if you're considering starting one.
:thumbs: All proceeds from that fund will go to the fatty fund.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: September 04, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »
our man WS08 would burn SA down.  :Not Worthy:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: September 04, 2013, 10:10:30 PM »
If I hadn't seen him get fired from every job he's had by him sleeping in cause he was too baked, make me cover his bills in college, take 8 years to graduate college, & ear hole everyone on FB why Obama is god, I'd support him. But when you make fun of ppl who sold out for "corporate america" and then ask for their hand outs while he sits on his ass, I can't support that, but hey, you got me figured out, what do I know?

You poke the wackycat too much and you get bit!  :D

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: September 04, 2013, 10:44:30 PM »
What kind of woman claims to be a man's fiancée or girlfriend, but while he's at work she is posting ads to Craigslist looking for another man saying things like "I'll please you if you please me"?? <redacted> is one of those women.... Yep, my baby's mother.... WTF...smh

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: September 04, 2013, 11:06:24 PM »
i've been slightly bemused by smh making its way into facebook vernacular, it seems like i see people using it everywhere lately

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: September 06, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »
stay classy wichita

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: September 06, 2013, 01:46:04 PM »
Not hometown, but worth sharing for those that love history and irony (I think this counts as irony, right?).

Quote from: Chuck
Some of you may know my bird dog buddy Keith Hickam. He took a horseback excursion this past weekend on the Grand River in South Dakota to re-enact the ride of Hugh Glass, an early 1800's trapper who after getting severely mauled by a grizzly had to crawl & walk ca 200 miles, alone, on a broken leg through hostile indian country to safety. Little did Keith know when he began the ride, dressed and outfitted in period specific gear, that he would literally be re-creating history. Here's a thumbnail he posted this morning.

Quote from: Keith
Well, recreating the Hugh Glass ride - turned out to be more realistic than I had planned - I left late morning on Saturday and within 20 minutes was caught in a thunderstorm - waited that out in a grove of cottonwoods - once that had passed I began the ride - my plan was to ride to the headwaters of the Grand River where Hugh Glass was mauled during the era - it was a pleasant ride - two river crossings went off without a hitch - about 4-6 miles in my horse got spooked by a rattlesnake and he bucked and reared and took off like a shot - I stayed on for about 30 yds but then all hell broke loose - and I hit the ground really hard - the impact was enough to rip the stitching off my canteen cover and I ended up in a heap on the ground - extra water, bedroll, saddlebags still on my horse - whats worse I was hurt pretty bad - I suffered a concussion and broken neck - the first 3 hours of the ordeal are not clear in my mind - as I was vomiting and every time I moved my head spun and I was get dizzy and could do nothing but lay helpless on the ground - my loyal jack russell Goose stayed by my side and probably saved my life - nearly dark I heard coyotes uncomfortably close - I managed to find my rifle nearby and after checking it best I could I primed it - in case I had to defend myself against the coyotes - the night passed with me getting intermittent rest but it was a cool night - I had on two linen overshirts but not much else and the temps dipped into the low 50s - I shivered miserably all night - I came up with a plan near nightfall I was able to stand up with the help of my rifle and I determined to walk out if possible - had my horse come close enough - he would not come to me - I am sure I would have shot him just to get my bedroll and extra water and food and waited for rescue - since rescue would likely not be there for at least another 24 hrs - I had already spent 16 hours laying on the prairie - I knew if I did not walk out I would likely die out there, When daybreak came I pulled myself along and using my rifle as a walking stick took every agonizing step on my way out of there - 7 hours later I found myself on the road and at a house where someone took me to Isabel were I had signal for my cell phone my son met me in Isabel and took me to Mobridge Hospital - I spent two days getting rehydrated and my neck is in a brace - my injuries are a pretty badly messed up toe and foot and a fractured C2 vertebrea imy neck - I think after this ordeal I have a better understanding of how tough Hugh Glass was and how helpless he must have felt.

this is amazing and this guy sounds like a total badass (not sarcastic)

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: September 08, 2013, 02:47:58 PM »
not hometown, but this guy is my facebook friend
Quote from: Greg
I feel the need to share this with all of you. I don't want pity or a lot of messages about how life will get better. I just want you to listen and reflect on you own life.
 Since 2005 I have lived undiagnosed with bipolar 2. My life was in a spiral I pushed everyone away and with drew from everyone. I lost interest in life and was living to only survive and to make it to the next sunrise. Then my wife had an emotional affair with another man. I was hurt and blamed myself, I still blame myself and I don't blame her, I started to realize that some thing was wrong but I did not know what it was. Then on about the first of August she told me she didn't want to be married and was hurt I with drew and was unavailable. She told me I needed help. I then started to get help but the spiral continued until the 14th when I started drinking one beer after another after another, a fee gin and waters and vodka shots made it in there as well, I then crawled into the bathroom and just wanted the pain to stop. I found my Tramadol over 900 mg I knew it wouldn't be enough. I started scrounging for anything else that might end the pain. I found some codine and vicodine. It was over 13000 mg of vicodine. I put all the pills in my mouth an was ready to swallow. Tears running down my face I found a reason not to do it. I spit out the pills and called for help. I flushed the pills and the alcohol. I passed out and don't remember the rest of the night. The next day I was still hurting but I had a spark inside that said I could go on. I was so alone so isolated I was in crisis. I found a group that had similar problems and I met a wonderful woman who helped me. She gave me a crisis plan and lit the spark into a small flame. I then went on medication, Zoloft, this med made me crazy I was having manic episodes and felt great I was on top of the world, motivated and ready to take on the world. But the inevitable crash came. I went from fine to suicidal in about 9 min. But it was suicidal and highly motivated to carry out the plan. I still had the small flame to cling to that said I want to live. That night I checked myself into the hospital. I felt so ashamed so scared so alone. I found a good friend in the hospital. I helped her as much as she helped me. I have found the light in the darkness I have learned to identify and describe what I am what, I've done and how I've hurt those close to me. Now I share this with the hope I will be able to accept it and eventually to forgive. I want to move on into the future and get better.

he only got 8 likes and 3 comments, kind of  :frown:
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: September 08, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »
then this:

I have realized a startling fact to day about my relationship with my wife. I now have a deep understanding about our problem but I don't know how to change it. It is rather sensitive and stating it in the open will actually destroy the situation and what's left of the marriage. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

And the comments
Quote from: Chris
Assuming you have one, talk to your therapist. That should help more than anything.

Quote from: Bill
Couples counceling? A safe forum to get all the issues out on the table a work toward recovery.

Quote from: Russ
  get a divorce and move on life changes and we as people need to be able to move with it, remember we reap what we sew and sometimes its hard to eat our stock, but we must
:surprised:

Quote from: Doug
Work through it slowly and deliberately. Step back from it all and let things settle. Don't make any sudden decisions. Whatever this great revelation is, you will see things differently tomorrow. Hold onto the center.
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: September 08, 2013, 02:53:37 PM »
and finally
Life is funny. Earlier I was in crisis and called 211 and got help then I started to feel better but now I'm feeling like crap. I think I need to get my meds adjusted

woof
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: September 08, 2013, 02:54:27 PM »
and apparently this Greg fellow works at Pfizer, :sdeek:
I'm purple down

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: September 08, 2013, 03:58:01 PM »
i don't see things ending well for him :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: September 08, 2013, 04:07:06 PM »
that guy needs a hug