Author Topic: facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown  (Read 530768 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown
« Reply #5025 on: January 02, 2017, 12:57:20 PM »
Comparing the stress levels is just silly.  Real job:  I have this huge meeting, I am responsible for paying all the bills and if I fail, my family loses everything

v.

I don't want to clean or cook.  Sit on couch, throw some lunchables out and give kids the ipad.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: January 02, 2017, 12:59:58 PM »
Comparing the stress levels is just silly.  Real job:  I have this huge meeting, I am responsible for paying all the bills and if I fail, my family loses everything

v.

I don't want to clean or cook.  Sit on couch, throw some lunchables out and give kids the ipad.

I feel like you have some pent up resentment you are working out in this thread.  I want you to know that is ok and we are here to help you through this difficult time.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: January 02, 2017, 01:03:46 PM »
I just have a tiny penis and am always angry for the years of being laughed at

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: January 02, 2017, 02:49:34 PM »
I saw a video on FB today that said sahm's are worth $140K per year.

I mean, I get that they do some stuff that working parents farm out; but no body is getting paid for doing their own laundry so why are these people acting like they should? Who would pay them? Their husband? That doesn't even make sense.

The kids should be the ones who pay them. But if everyone else's kids are anything like my kids they are total freeloaders.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: January 02, 2017, 03:18:08 PM »
Those calculations sound interesting. We know the market value of watching kids and it ain't anywhere near that.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: January 02, 2017, 05:45:30 PM »
Stay at home moms deserve some credit, my wife did it the first year of each of my two kids lives. It's not easy and can be overwhelming, that being said eff people that complain about being one. Being a parent is a responsibility so if you can't afford, don't trust other people to look after your kids, etc then that's on you and you shouldn't of had kids in the first place.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: January 02, 2017, 06:15:19 PM »
i estimate stay at home moms value at $30k

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: January 02, 2017, 06:25:37 PM »
Stay at home moms deserve some credit, my wife did it the first year of each of my two kids lives. It's not easy and can be overwhelming, that being said eff people that complain about being one. Being a parent is a responsibility so if you can't afford, don't trust other people to look after your kids, etc then that's on you and you shouldn't of had kids in the first place.
This!  I have lots of nieces and nephews. Three of my siblings and I don't have children.  Choices on how you live and what you do with your time (parent, hobbies, etc.) are yours to make.  I respect stay at home parents and working parents.  It can't be easy raising children regardless. But I also respect the choices of those who do not have children. 

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #5033 on: January 02, 2017, 07:15:07 PM »
i estimate stay at home moms value at $30k
She spends way more than that!

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: January 02, 2017, 09:05:31 PM »
It's really rough ridin' weird to not work a normal job.  Some days it can make you feel like a pile of crap.  That's why we hired a nanny to watch the kids 2 days a week so I can hobby farm and turn wrenches regularly.  This way I'm not totally out of practice when the kids are more self reliant and I can move back into the workforce and I get out in the world.  My social skills have taken a hit although that may have always been the case, dunno, but I have noticed I didn't have much to say to friends cause who wants to hear stories about my kids? 

Until you've been a sahd/m for a few years then you can't really know what it is.  Depression has crept around at times and drinking is tougher to keep under tabs.  Procrastination can be a huge problem.  It's not the toughest job for sure but it ain't easy either. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 09:09:36 PM by Bloodfart »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: January 02, 2017, 09:10:10 PM »
what's your favorite soap opera?

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: January 02, 2017, 09:12:28 PM »
what's your favorite soap opera?

Ha ha!  I watch Bonanza and The Rifleman when the kids take their afternoon nap and I fold laundry.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: January 02, 2017, 09:49:18 PM »
nature didn't intend for there to be stay at home dads as evidenced by the simple fact that men are more gifted at business and politics.  women can naturally cook and clean and take care of children much better than any alpha male.  anyone who disagrees is simply being politically correct but dishonest.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: January 02, 2017, 09:57:50 PM »
Poor bfart  :frown:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: January 03, 2017, 11:59:43 AM »
nature didn't intend for there to be stay at home dads as evidenced by the simple fact that men are more gifted at business and politics.  women can naturally cook and clean and take care of children much better than any alpha male.  anyone who disagrees is simply being politically correct but dishonest.

Did you see that recent news story/study that women make better doctors, especially when caring for older patients?

Quite a pickle the BF's find themselves in these days.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5040 on: January 03, 2017, 12:26:51 PM »
they're not called doctors, those are nurses

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: January 03, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »
A woman doctor, lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: January 03, 2017, 01:12:08 PM »
I saw a video on FB today that said sahm's are worth $140K per year.

I mean, I get that they do some stuff that working parents farm out; but no body is getting paid for doing their own laundry so why are these people acting like they should? Who would pay them? Their husband? That doesn't even make sense.

Still a relevant calculation IMO.  Maybe some can do it all, but in double-income families with kids, some chores/services have to get farmed out.  If you start with the base assumption that farming out all household duties would cost $140k, then you should think about how much money a second income stream would need to gather in order to at least break even.  Some SAHM's that post crap like that are just complaining, but it's definitely true that you can create a lot of (tax free!) value in a household by not working.  Of course, a lot of the numbers are probably misleading because in most modern relationships, all income earners are contributing to household duties as well.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: January 03, 2017, 01:23:41 PM »
I'd specifically like to send a shout out and a huge thank you to the disrespectful mutherfucker who stood shouting my name underneath my window up and down Broadway Blvd. bout an hour or so ago because you've made it oh so much easier to fulfill my New Year's restitution to myself to kick no good rotten disrespectful mutherfuckers like you right the eff out of my world so I can live in peace! Even tho I didn't recognize your voice or even acknowledge your rough ridin' miserable existence on the planet (of which it obviously has to be if you're dude yellin at my window this late. Don't get it twisted, I ain't your booty call mutherfucker!)...you know who you are and I say this unto you...GET YOU SOME FUCKIN ACT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't see me yelling and screaming at someone's window after 1:00 in the morning, and why do you ask???? Because it's rough ridin' disrespectful not only to me but to the others that live in my building...you know my neighbors. I ain't even calling anybody's ass after 10:00 P.M. unless they've specifically asked me to or I previously know their schedule and it's ok. With all the ways to get in touch with somebody in this day and age...yelling underneath my window after 1:00 in the rough ridin' morning is not the way you're going to be getting any kind of positive results from me anytime EVER! If you can't show me the same respect you think you deserve your God damned self and come round correct-like then don't even bother tryin to come round me at all and take (AND KEEP!) your dumb ass away from me! This is normally the part where I'd say "end of rant" but because you've pissed me off to the point I can't get back to sleep...I'd have to say that I'm just gettin warmed up...why don't you come on back n try to play that crap again!

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: January 03, 2017, 02:56:56 PM »
I'd specifically like to send a shout out and a huge thank you to the disrespectful mutherfucker who stood shouting my name underneath my window up and down Broadway Blvd. bout an hour or so ago because you've made it oh so much easier to fulfill my New Year's restitution to myself to kick no good rotten disrespectful mutherfuckers like you right the eff out of my world so I can live in peace! Even tho I didn't recognize your voice or even acknowledge your rough ridin' miserable existence on the planet (of which it obviously has to be if you're dude yellin at my window this late. Don't get it twisted, I ain't your booty call mutherfucker!)...you know who you are and I say this unto you...GET YOU SOME FUCKIN ACT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't see me yelling and screaming at someone's window after 1:00 in the morning, and why do you ask???? Because it's rough ridin' disrespectful not only to me but to the others that live in my building...you know my neighbors. I ain't even calling anybody's ass after 10:00 P.M. unless they've specifically asked me to or I previously know their schedule and it's ok. With all the ways to get in touch with somebody in this day and age...yelling underneath my window after 1:00 in the rough ridin' morning is not the way you're going to be getting any kind of positive results from me anytime EVER! If you can't show me the same respect you think you deserve your God damned self and come round correct-like then don't even bother tryin to come round me at all and take (AND KEEP!) your dumb ass away from me! This is normally the part where I'd say "end of rant" but because you've pissed me off to the point I can't get back to sleep...I'd have to say that I'm just gettin warmed up...why don't you come on back n try to play that crap again!
I wonder how much New Year's restitution he/she has to pay?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: January 03, 2017, 03:03:01 PM »

The best part about this is that she pretty much 100% knows who did this, but she is claiming not to so she can keep being his booty call mutherfucker.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: January 03, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »
I love hearing the opinions of stay at home moms from guys in their 30s with no kids. really important perspective you guys bring to the table

Do you feel it's a difficult job, let alone the most difficult?

yes, no.

Its a job thats easy to do really poorly, tough to do well. And I grow tired of the "oh its the hardest thing ever!" junk from the SAHM crowd too, but cut them some slack. It can often be pretty lonely when you're doing that for years on end.

Teachers on FB are a billion times worse at seeking validation for their work IMO

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: January 03, 2017, 03:08:45 PM »
I love hearing the opinions of stay at home moms from guys in their 30s with no kids. really important perspective you guys bring to the table

Do you feel it's a difficult job, let alone the most difficult?

yes, no.

Its a job thats easy to do really poorly, tough to do well. And I grow tired of the "oh its the hardest thing ever!" junk from the SAHM crowd too, but cut them some slack. It can often be pretty lonely when you're doing that for years on end.

Teachers on FB are a billion times worse at seeking validation for their work IMO

Teachers, nurses, sahm's.... This validation thing might just be a chick deal
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: January 03, 2017, 03:11:15 PM »

The best part about this is that she pretty much 100% knows who did this, but she is claiming not to so she can keep being his booty call mutherfucker.

why would you assume a female wrote this post?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: January 03, 2017, 03:22:03 PM »

why would you assume a female wrote this post?

if you're dude yellin at my window this late
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread