Author Topic: race for the big12 championship (week of 9-29-2012)  (Read 9113 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
race for the big12 championship (week of 9-29-2012)
« on: September 26, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »
now that we're frontrunners for this thing, we should prob start keeping track of other games that might come into play down the stretch. i listed the games below and think i did a pretty great job breaking them down, but feel free to weigh in with any other additional thoughts.

baylor at wvu (-12.5) 11am FX *can baylor make this a game? idk, i mean they almost came into mhk and won last year. no rg3 though this year. do they have an rg4? again, idk but this game might go quite a ways in trying to help decide that.

texas (-2.5) at osu  650pm FOX *this should be quite the game. orange vs orange. who is the fairest orange of them all? i don't know. do the pokies have the offensive weapons to quick strike the bevos? i think they might you guys. can they rattle the texas qb guy? maybe/probably?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: race for the big12 championship (week of 9-29-2012)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
it would not shock me at all to see texas and wv lose this weekend. still scared to death by texas tech for some odd reason. hopefully we just keep winning and other teams knock each other out of it

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:13:13 PM »
Dream scenario: Texas beats WVU, then loses to OU. Everyone in this thing has one loss right off the bat, and we're sitting pretty about to hand them their second loss. Less pressure, less anxiety, just pure domination.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »
great stuff rick  :thumbs:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 01:16:00 PM »
still scared to death by texas tech for some odd reason.

They've got the potential to shock a lot of people. I watched them in person at the Texas State game and they look a lot faster and more athletic than last season. They've got some talent at receiver. Not OU talent, but enough to make life hell for a number of defenses. Plus, their defense is miles better than it was last season. It doesn't matter that they haven't played any really strong teams yet, they've looked like a top 25 team in crushing everyone they've faced. We're lucky we have them in MHK, otherwise this would be my official trap game instead of istate0.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 01:16:51 PM »
Dream scenario: Texas beats WVU, then loses to OU. Everyone in this thing has one loss right off the bat, and we're sitting pretty about to hand them their second loss. Less pressure, less anxiety, just pure domination.

Better dream scenario: Baylor beats WVU, OSU beats Texas, OU doesn't lose another game from here on out.  That way the 11-1 'Cats would go to the Fiesta Bowl or the 12-0 'Cats go to the MNC.
:adios:

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 01:18:46 PM »
Texas Tech (-2.5) at Iowa State. 

Personally, I'm very interested in this game as well.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 01:19:57 PM »
now that we're frontrunners for this thing, we should prob start keeping track of other games that might come into play down the stretch. i listed the games below and think i did a pretty great job breaking them down, but feel free to weigh in with any other additional thoughts.

baylor at wvu (-12.5) 11am FX *can baylor make this a game? idk, i mean they almost came into mhk and won last year. no rg3 though this year. do they have an rg4? again, idk but this game might go quite a ways in trying to help decide that.

texas (-2.5) at osu  650pm FOX *this should be quite the game. orange vs orange. who is the fairest orange of them all? i don't know. do the pokies have the offensive weapons to quick strike the bevos? i think they might you guys. can they rattle the texas qb guy? maybe/probably?

any chance to make these topics premium going forward?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 01:20:15 PM »

yes lets hope that both starting qb's are terrible and replaced by even worse players for the rest of the season

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 01:20:28 PM »

you can interested, but it has nothing to do with the race for the big12 championship.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 01:20:38 PM »
pistols firing will be wearing orange camo jerseys this weekend

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 01:22:01 PM »

you can interested, but it has nothing to do with the race for the big12 championship.

Fair enough. I agree. 
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 01:22:29 PM »

Why is Tech wearing orange? I'd think that would be more of something that guns up would do.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »

Why is Tech wearing orange? I'd think that would be more of something that guns up would do.

wrong, pistols firing is OSU, guns up is TTech

http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_Up

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 01:25:50 PM »

It assesses the potential threat levels that Tech and istate0 pose to our championship run. That's at least kinda related.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 01:26:22 PM »

It assesses the potential threat levels that Tech and istate0 pose to our championship run. That's at least kinda related.

we're not losing to either of these two shitty teams.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 01:28:14 PM »

Better dream scenario: Baylor beats WVU, OSU beats Texas, OU doesn't lose another game from here on out.  That way the 11-1 'Cats would go to the Fiesta Bowl or the 12-0 'Cats go to the MNC.

Best dream scenario: Texas beats OSU, OU, and everyone else they play before Dec. 1. Alabama loses and Texas is ranked #1 when we crush them, then we go on to annihilate a shitty FSU squad in the MNC game.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 01:29:13 PM »
when i first started putting this thread together for you guys, i was really excited because it looked like ou at tech 230 ABC . then i studied the game and broke it down a little more and realized that game is actually next weekend. haha.

how great would that've been though you guys? relavent title implications on tv from 11am until 11pm. wow, increds to think about the whole what if of that thing, huh?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 01:30:32 PM »

we're not losing to either of these two shitty teams.

Tech scares me. A road game at ISU would be scary if Paul Rhodes were a better coach.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 01:38:14 PM »

wrong, pistols firing is OSU, guns up is TTech

http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_Up

Oh well, gosh, thanks for clearing that up for me :blank:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 02:02:09 PM »

This is going to be a slugfest.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 02:04:07 PM »
I want to thank Rick for reminding me how fun it was to actively watch other teams and root for them to lose to help us in our title chances.

I can't tell you how many NU and CU games I used to watch (almost as religiously as ours) because of the title implications.

So much fun.

:emawkid:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 02:06:45 PM »
great stuff as always rick

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 02:11:14 PM »
I want to thank Rick for reminding me how fun it was to actively watch other teams and root for them to lose to help us in our title chances.

I can't tell you how many NU and CU games I used to watch (almost as religiously as ours) because of the title implications.

So much fun.

exactly. this weekend and next weekend will be just a blast. let's go baylor! let's go osu! you guys can do it!

then next weekend, ksu cats have the morning game. after that we get treated to oklahoma at tech 230pm followed up by west virginia at texas 6pm. i'm waiting until next week to break those games down though.

but my god. the kstate vs ku game isn't in the top 4 of games that i actually want to watch in the next two weeks.  what a treat!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 02:13:28 PM »

So much fun.

exactly. this weekend and next weekend will be just a blast. let's go baylor! let's go osu! you guys can do it!

then next weekend, ksu cats have the morning game. after that we get treated to oklahoma at tech 230pm followed up by west virginia at texas 6pm. i'm waiting until next week to break those games down though.

but my god. the kstate vs ku game isn't in the top 4 of games that i actually want to watch in the next two weeks.

Yeah, really thinking about getting an early round of golf in on the 6th.  Maybe tee off at 9:00 to make sure I'm at my favorite bar in time for kickoff of OU @ TTU.