Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290052 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #325 on: October 28, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »
Eff these guys.

ND got a fluke hold that wiped a td off the board, same as our belldozer fumble recovery.

ND -OU was tied @ 13 13 with like 8 mins left before they got a bullshit int that was not possesed thru the contact with the ground.

Those games were practically the same. We shut them down on d, ND shut them down on d. We horse whipped them on the running game, they horse whipped them in the run game.

Whats more fluky, our senior qb not having any turovers, or their freshman who averages 2 turnovers a game not having any?

It was clearly a hold. The only issue was the late call.

Notre Dame was clearly the better team.

Oh dont give me that crap.

You can call hold on any play. Also my overall pount was ou had a td taken off the board by an ou mistake. The same in both games.

Also, we were the clearly better team.

Finally are you going to tell me our more impressive win over miami doesnt count as much cause we were home and the domers had to play at a neutral site.

Dude, you're a dumbass.

Your arguments are:

"My overall pount was ou had a td taken off the board by an ou mistake."

and

"Our more impressive win over Miami."

DUMB  :comehere:

Sorry switchin from phone to keyboard cause obviously I am being misunderstood.

My point is we are the same as ND. Our win over OU is no less, nor no more impressive then ND's win over OU.

It drives me effin nuts that the media tries to tear down what we have done, yet build up Notre Dame as the more impressiveteam in their win over OU. You can go through both games and point out "flukes" that when all tallied are practically the same for both our teams.

I pointed out Miami only to say that if we only take scores into account, one could argue we are better then ND when comparing the Miami scores. It will probably be the media's take away from both our games that ND was at a "neutral" site to excuse their lower, less "impressive" score and to promote that it was tougher. Our win over Miami was no more, nor no less impressive the ND's win over Miami. It was the same.

So overall we already have the media telling us how much better and more impressive ND was against Ou then we were, yet when the Miami score is eventually brought up, the location will be used as a negative against us to further promote ND being the better team when in every measurable way in the two games we were almost mirrors of each other.

Using common opponets WE ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

Arguing about ND is pointless.  There's no way they will pass us unless we lose.  Oregon is the only worry right now because most media and coaches (..assist. coaches) who do 2/3 the BCS look at box scores/highlights because they don't have the time to watch everyone and want to go home.  Oregon has been a power more recently than we have so they get the benefit of a doubt by these voters.  It helped that USC/Oregon St. lost and that might be enough, but voters will keep them ahead of us regardless unless they drop a game.  If we both go undefeated the rest of the season, it's going to come down to the smallest margin the BCS has probably seen.
Looks like somebady doesn't know we're ranked #2 in tonight's BCS and Oregon is #3.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 28, 2012, 09:37:27 PM »
 :confused:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #327 on: October 28, 2012, 09:56:51 PM »
2. Kansas State 8-0 BCS Score: 0.9400

Sorry, Kansas State, but you're just renting your spot in the penthouse. Ranked third in the human polls, the Wildcats aren't going to be able to stay at No. 2 overall unless they can get into the top two according to the people. The computers are happy, ranking KSU co-No. 1 along with Notre Dame, but that's going to change with a weaker finishing kick than the Irish, USC and Alabama.

Predicted Wins: Oklahoma State, at TCU, at Baylor, Texas
Predicted Losses: None
Predicted Final Record: 12-0
Predicted Bowl: Fiesta
Loss Alert: Oklahoma State, at TCU, Texas

3. Notre Dame 8-0 BCS Score: 0.9147

Notre Dame is in the exact same boat as Kansas State. The computers are in love - putting the Irish No. 1 overall in a tie with the Wildcats - but the humans are in like. No. 4 in both human polls, there's no chance of ever getting into the top two without two of the top four teams losing. Style points are going to count from here on, so just getting by Pitt, Boston College and Wake Forest won't be enough.

Predicted Wins: Pitt, at Boston College, Wake Forest, at USC
Loss Alert: at USC

4. Oregon 8-0 BCS Score: 0.9136

Oregon is just fine. The No. 2 spot in the Harris and Coaches' polls will never change as long as the wins keep coming, and the computers are going to start to come around. Ranked fifth overall by the wires and circuits, but only a fraction behind the Irish in the overall rankings, the Ducks will have no problems getting into the top two if they go 13-0.

Predicted Wins: at USC, at California, Stanford, at Oregon State, Pac-12 championship
Predicted Final Record: 13-0
Predicted Bowl: BCS championship
Loss Alert: at USC, Stanford, at Oregon State

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 28, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »
welp.  :frown:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 28, 2012, 10:04:58 PM »

Sorry, Kansas State, but you're just renting your spot in the penthouse. Ranked third in the human polls, the Wildcats aren't going to be able to stay at No. 2 overall unless they can get into the top two according to the people. The computers are happy, ranking KSU co-No. 1 along with Notre Dame, but that's going to change with a weaker finishing kick than the Irish, USC and Alabama.

Notre Dame is in the exact same boat as Kansas State. The computers are in love - putting the Irish No. 1 overall in a tie with the Wildcats - but the humans are in like. No. 4 in both human polls, there's no chance of ever getting into the top two without two of the top four teams losing. Style points are going to count from here on, so just getting by Pitt, Boston College and Wake Forest won't be enough.

Oregon is just fine. The No. 2 spot in the Harris and Coaches' polls will never change as long as the wins keep coming, and the computers are going to start to come around. Ranked fifth overall by the wires and circuits, but only a fraction behind the Irish in the overall rankings, the Ducks will have no problems getting into the top two if they go 13-0.

Predicted Wins: at USC, at California, Stanford, at Oregon State, Pac-12 championship

where is this from?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 28, 2012, 10:06:24 PM »

where is this from?

people with a brain

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 28, 2012, 10:12:47 PM »
"weaker finishing kick than the Irish"... OMG...LMAO.  That tells you all you need to know about whoever wrote that.

Without losing it will be difficult for anyone to pass us. 

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 28, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »
The other thing getting lost is that the actual # ranking is only relevant in the computer polls.  In the human polls, it's not the "number" you are ranked, it's the percentage of points you get...and that's what is helping us out tremendously. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 28, 2012, 10:19:12 PM »
Chings, what is the statistical chance of all 4 winning out.  Has to be low, doesn't it?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 28, 2012, 10:25:25 PM »
Chings, what is the statistical chance of all 4 winning out.  Has to be low, doesn't it?

Statistics? Look at the schedule! Notre Dame has one game left on their schedule USC. I give the domers the edge, but you never know in this crazy game.

Oregon has the tougher test with Oregon State, Stanford and USC x 2

Grow a pair and throw the stats out the window!

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 28, 2012, 10:29:22 PM »
"weaker finishing kick than the Irish"... OMG...LMAO.  That tells you all you need to know about whoever wrote that.

Without losing it will be difficult for anyone to pass us.

notre dame

pitt 1-3 in big east
boston college 1-4 in acc
wake forest 2-4 in acc
usc 4-2 in pac 12

ksu

osu 3-1 in big 12
tcu 2-3 in big 12
baylor 0-4 in big 12
texas 3-2 in big 12

on what rough ridin' planet is nd's schedule a stronger 'finishing kick' than ours?  goddammit.  :facepalm:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 28, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »

Statistics? Look at the schedule! Notre Dame has one game left on their schedule USC. I give the domers the edge, but you never know in this crazy game.

Thanks for your contribution, but I'm still curious as to the statistical chance of all 4 going a combined 12-0 or whatever

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 28, 2012, 10:33:17 PM »

Thanks for your contribution, but I'm still curious as to the statistical chance of all 4 going a combined 12-0 or whatever

40-60

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 28, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »

40-60
pfft. no.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 28, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »
I personally, don't give a crap about the media.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 28, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »

40-60

not interested in your guess dork.  like, using the massey ratings with the 4 teams combined what is the statistical probibility.  that's what I'm looking for

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 28, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »

40-60

not interested in your guess dork.  like, using the massey ratings with the 4 teams combined what is the statistical probibility.  that's what I'm looking for

Go to the website.

Multiply.

Don't they teach this in 7th or 8th grade?
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 28, 2012, 10:50:24 PM »
Am going to LOL if Roll Tide loses by a point or something, and the Ducks win by a point or something, and the top 5 turns into this:

1.KSU
2.ND
3.LSU
4.Tide
5.Ducks

The best thing about this whole mess is we've found a fanbase more tuckish than KSTATEO, and that's Oregon.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 28, 2012, 10:55:28 PM »
Am going to LOL if Roll Tide loses by a point or something, and the Ducks win by a point or something, and the top 5 turns into this:

1.KSU
2.ND
3.LSU
4.Tide
5.Ducks

The best thing about this whole mess is we've found a fanbase more tuckish than KSTATEO, and that's Oregon.

LOL? More like rotfpmp!!!

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 28, 2012, 10:56:13 PM »
Did anyone read anything I wrote?  :shakesfist:

The media (the rest of the country) doesnt trust us to match up athlete for athlete against Bama. They are manufacturing reasons to knock us down a peg, because even though we have proven to be the second best team in the country on the field this year, they dont think we truly are because we dont win recruiting battles, we dont win bowl games, and for a couple of years prior we sucked.

They cant say those are the specific reasons because the system is supposed to pit best team of the year A vs second best team of the year B, but the reality is we dont have a track record with these kind of thing. Kind of a chicken and egg thing, but what are you going to do? it boils down to national titles not being single year events, but taking multiple years of positive things for a team to build enough capital to compete on the field and in the hearts.

What we can do is go out and beat the living daylights out of the teams on our schedule and hope Oregon, ND or Bama screw up somewhere.

And to all those who don't care what the media thinks; they vote for and influence two-thirds of the polls. They will get the matchup they want, not what we deserve.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 28, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »

The media (the rest of the country) doesnt trust us to match up athlete for athlete against Bama. They are manufacturing reasons to knock us down a peg, because even though we have proven to be the second best team in the country on the field this year, they dont think we truly are because we dont win recruiting battles, we dont win bowl games, and for a couple of years prior we sucked.

They cant say those are the specific reasons because the system is supposed to pit best team of the year A vs second best team of the year B, but the reality is we dont have a track record with these kind of thing. Kind of a chicken and egg thing, but what are you going to do? it boils down to national titles not being single year events, but taking multiple years of positive things for a team to build enough capital to compete on the field and in the hearts.

What we can do is go out and beat the living daylights out of the teams on our schedule and hope Oregon, ND or Bama screw up somewhere.

And to all those who don't care what the media thinks; they vote for and influence two-thirds of the polls. They will get the matchup they want, not what we deserve.

:zzz:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 28, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »

Hey, dumbass.  These people don't have the wheel, k?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 28, 2012, 11:05:50 PM »

Hey, dumbass.  These people don't have the wheel, k?

Touche, I guess we can count on Oregon and ND stumblin and bumblin then cause the cats will do their part.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 28, 2012, 11:25:12 PM »

where is this from?

cfn.scout.com

Pete Fiutak, no one reads the site, so he flies under the radar, but the guy has been driving the K-State hate wagon for years.  After we beat OU he still had them above us with his rankings.  In 2003 he had Darren Sproles 8th in his final top 10 player race

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 28, 2012, 11:30:36 PM »
The No. 2 spot in the Harris and Coaches' polls will never change as long as the wins keep coming, and the computers are going to start to come around. (for Oregon)

Both have shifted on Oregon the last two weeks as the wins kept coming..and Oregon keeps slipping. USC drops, Oregon State drops, and Notre Dame will beat USC.

Pete Futiak is wrong on this one. I bet his breath is awful.