Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290002 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #300 on: October 28, 2012, 07:53:15 AM »
Great look at wire holding guy.
Neek doesn't seem in sync with Bill there.  Something must be troubling him.  :ohno:

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 28, 2012, 10:47:23 AM »
   Just looks like he's trying not to make eye contact with the eyes in the back of HCBS head

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
Joseph Goodman ?@MiamiHeraldHeat

I officially declare war on northeast Kansas today. Voters, keep Kansas State out of the BCS title game at all costs! #goaway #KState

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

I think this guy might be super secret emaw.  he's trying to be all butthurt dickheadish so voters won't agree with him. voters will be all "why is this mean miami guy picking on the super adorable snydercats?  I'll show him!"  kind of like a reverse psychology troll.  :dunno:

I see what you're doing, joseph, and I like it.  :thumbs:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2012, 11:22:19 AM »
Not on the front page at all headlines section or highlight section!
Chip firmly in place!

You didn't look hard enough

You didn't read very well did you?

Also please note this is the media hates us thread
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »
david pollack  :curse:

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 28, 2012, 07:46:13 PM »
Jesse Palmer  :curse:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 28, 2012, 07:47:11 PM »
There is no way Jesse Palmer watches football games. The guy only talks with hype and box scores as his weapons. He is the worst of all the retards.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 28, 2012, 07:57:01 PM »
Eff these guys.

ND got a fluke hold that wiped a td off the board, same as our belldozer fumble recovery.

ND -OU was tied @ 13 13 with like 8 mins left before they got a bullshit int that was not possesed thru the contact with the ground.

Those games were practically the same. We shut them down on d, ND shut them down on d. We horse whipped them on the running game, they horse whipped them in the run game.

Whats more fluky, our senior qb not having any turovers, or their freshman who averages 2 turnovers a game not having any?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 28, 2012, 07:58:46 PM »
Eff these guys.

ND got a fluke hold that wiped a td off the board, same as our belldozer fumble recovery.

ND -OU was tied @ 13 13 with like 8 mins left before they got a bullshit int that was not possesed thru the contact with the ground.

Those games were practically the same. We shut them down on d, ND shut them down on d. We horse whipped them on the running game, they horse whipped them in the run game.

Whats more fluky, our senior qb not having any turovers, or their freshman who averages 2 turnovers a game not having any?

It was clearly a hold. The only issue was the late call.

Notre Dame was clearly the better team.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 28, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »
Eff these guys.

Oh dont give me that crap.

You can call hold on any play. Also my overall pount was ou had a td taken off the board by an ou mistake. The same in both games.

Also, we were the clearly better team.

Finally are you going to tell me our more impressive win over miami doesnt count as much cause we were home and the domers had to play at a neutral site.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 28, 2012, 08:13:11 PM »
Eff these guys.

You can call hold on any play. Also my overall pount was ou had a td taken off the board by an ou mistake. The same in both games.

Finally are you going to tell me our more impressive win over miami doesnt count as much cause we were home and the domers had to play at a neutral site.

Dude, you're a dumbass.

Your arguments are:

"My overall pount was ou had a td taken off the board by an ou mistake."

and

"Our more impressive win over Miami."

DUMB  :comehere:

Offline kcnut

• The CEO of the Brad Essex Report and cont. writer for red state I also hate oklahoma so very much.
  • Combo-Fan
  • hail to the king.
    • View Profile
    • The Brad Essex Report
« Reply #311 on: October 28, 2012, 08:19:56 PM »
Lets them hate as long as they fear us.
LHC Bill Snyder is as american as you can get.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 28, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »
Eff these guys.

Dude, you're a dumbass.

Your arguments are:

and

Sorry switchin from phone to keyboard cause obviously I am being misunderstood.

My point is we are the same as ND. Our win over OU is no less, nor no more impressive then ND's win over OU.

It drives me effin nuts that the media tries to tear down what we have done, yet build up Notre Dame as the more impressiveteam in their win over OU. You can go through both games and point out "flukes" that when all tallied are practically the same for both our teams.

I pointed out Miami only to say that if we only take scores into account, one could argue we are better then ND when comparing the Miami scores. It will probably be the media's take away from both our games that ND was at a "neutral" site to excuse their lower, less "impressive" score and to promote that it was tougher. Our win over Miami was no more, nor no less impressive the ND's win over Miami. It was the same.

So overall we already have the media telling us how much better and more impressive ND was against Ou then we were, yet when the Miami score is eventually brought up, the location will be used as a negative against us to further promote ND being the better team when in every measurable way in the two games we were almost mirrors of each other.

Using common opponets WE ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 28, 2012, 08:43:32 PM »
Eff these guys.

Dude, you're a dumbass.

Your arguments are:

and

My point is we are the same as ND. Our win over OU is no less, nor no more impressive then ND's win over OU.

It drives me effin nuts that the media tries to tear down what we have done, yet build up Notre Dame as the more impressiveteam in their win over OU. You can go through both games and point out "flukes" that when all tallied are practically the same for both our teams.

I pointed out Miami only to say that if we only take scores into account, one could argue we are better then ND when comparing the Miami scores. It will probably be the media's take away from both our games that ND was at a "neutral" site to excuse their lower, less "impressive" score and to promote that it was tougher. Our win over Miami was no more, nor no less impressive the ND's win over Miami. It was the same.

So overall we already have the media telling us how much better and more impressive ND was against Ou then we were, yet when the Miami score is eventually brought up, the location will be used as a negative against us to further promote ND being the better team when in every measurable way in the two games we were almost mirrors of each other.

Arguing about ND is pointless.  There's no way they will pass us unless we lose.  Oregon is the only worry right now because most media and coaches (..assist. coaches) who do 2/3 the BCS look at box scores/highlights because they don't have the time to watch everyone and want to go home.  Oregon has been a power more recently than we have so they get the benefit of a doubt by these voters.  It helped that USC/Oregon St. lost and that might be enough, but voters will keep them ahead of us regardless unless they drop a game.  If we both go undefeated the rest of the season, it's going to come down to the smallest margin the BCS has probably seen.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 28, 2012, 08:46:03 PM »
Eff these guys.

Dude, you're a dumbass.

Your arguments are:

and

No one gives a shiiiiittt about the miami game

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 28, 2012, 09:04:05 PM »

Arguing about ND is pointless.  There's no way they will pass us unless we lose.  Oregon is the only worry right now because most media and coaches (..assist. coaches) who do 2/3 the BCS look at box scores/highlights because they don't have the time to watch everyone and want to go home.  Oregon has been a power more recently than we have so they get the benefit of a doubt by these voters.  It helped that USC/Oregon St. lost and that might be enough, but voters will keep them ahead of us regardless unless they drop a game.  If we both go undefeated the rest of the season, it's going to come down to the smallest margin the BCS has probably seen.

ND is not the point of the argument. The perception in the media is the point. Like you said, we will not be given the benefit of the doubt. Quite the contrary, we will be looked at with scrutiny. Unfourtanately, some of the scrutiny has turned into the media makeing false arguments against us (Like the ND/OU vs KSU/OU comparo) to support their overall goal of having a more established power in the championship.

Im all for the scrutiny, I just hate false arguments that promote team a over team b and thats what we have with ND/OU over KSU/OU. I wish they would just be more honest and promote the argument that Pollack brought up at the end. KSU matches up the best with Bama, but they (the media) don't trust us to play well against Bama because we dont have the same caliber athletes.

Unfourtanatly for us, teams have to build up capital over a number of years to be given the benifit of the doubt. Imagine if we had won the game against Arkansas and possibly started this season in the top 5, even the top 10. Every game, every year matters.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 28, 2012, 09:05:12 PM »
guys. just stop.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 28, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »
guys. just stop.

Stop what? Stop talking about one of the more exciting times in KState Sports history?

No thanks.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 28, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »
guys. just stop.

Stop what? Stop talking about one of the more exciting times in KState Sports history?

No thanks.

arguing about stupid pointless crap instead of enjoying the most exciting time in kstate history.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 28, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »
guys. just stop.

No thanks.

arguing about stupid pointless crap instead of enjoying the most exciting time in kstate history.

I enjoyed the shiiittt out of it yesterday during our game, during the UF game and the USC game. Just putting a dumbass in his place.

The real question is who is the dumbass? You or qatzmanchu?

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 28, 2012, 09:19:44 PM »
good grief

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 28, 2012, 09:22:43 PM »
I had my mini-meltdown yesterday. Feeling good today. Notre Dame's not gonna pass us no matter how much Ubben wants them to.

THE DUCKS WILL BE EXPOSED

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 28, 2012, 09:25:33 PM »
guys. just stop.

No thanks.

I enjoyed the shiiittt out of it yesterday during our game, during the UF game and the USC game. Just putting a dumbass in his place.

This we can agree on! I have loved this season. I have loved talking about this season, and the best part of this season is that this "stupid pointless crap" IS important. Its nice that we arent arguing over how terrible cosh is or whatever other travesty we have had to suffer, and get to talk about things other legit national title contending teams get to worry about.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 28, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »
guys. just stop.

No thanks.

This we can agree on! I have loved this season. I have loved talking about this season, and the best part of this season is that this "stupid pointless crap" IS important. Its nice that we arent arguing over how terrible cosh is or whatever other travesty we have had to suffer, and get to talk about things other legit national title contending teams get to worry about.

:emawkid: